Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Thread Closed) Warning, I had to Shut down Cats & Dogs It became an Horror Show

Comments

• Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    OP, if this is really still upsetting you, then ask yourself why! Why you are having a hard time with pixels doing as it is programmed to do. Then it would be probably best to speak to someone about it. I don't mean professionally, but someone you trust, a loved one so you can overcome it.

The game is known to be buggy with the game stalling or getting stuck at times, especially with a new release. It can't be easy to account for every single bug and how the new additional pack will react to the rest.

Nothing horrific happened. The cat was sick as it is programmed to become. Yes it may have been buggy, but regardless of age, if you have aging off, nothing bad is going to happen. The whole purpose of the vet clinic is to treat sick animals. Not dying animals. It is part of the pack, and as long as you have cats or dogs in your household, regardless of age, they will get sick. If that is too much for you, then uninstall that pack. There will probably never be a mod that offers a no sick option. The vet clinic would be useless. But maybe there will be, in which case, use that.

The Dev team also knows how people feel about pets, they are pet owners themselves, and that is why they were sensitive enough to limit how a pet dies in the game. Since it is a simulation based on life, death is apart of it, and not something they can ignore. Luckily, they gave us the handy tool of controlling aging in game.

This is nothing more than a game that we all play, and it is not even close to being a violent or an R rated game that some people play. This game is meant to be fun (not to be taken as a serious RL thing) and living out little stories for our sims. If a game begins to upset you on a deeply emotional level, then it is time to walk away from that game and talk to someone about how you feel. This forum isn't always the place to do that. We all deal with our own RL issues, and this is, no matter how valid to you, a superficial one.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited November 2017
    To7m wrote: »
    I’m actually howling reading this.

@mirta000 is bang on the mark. If you’re offended, afraid or emotionally scarred by this game, please, stop playing and seek help, because you’re ruining it for rest of us with a backbone.

Wow, people are flimsy now days. Get a grip, it’s a GAME. It is impossible for any of it to ‘suffer’.
    This thread is ridiculous.

—T

Google player sues Fallout creator for game being too addictive . Wife left him :p You can also google gaming and divorce. Some people get so addicted to pixels which might effect RL. :/

If I googled that I’d probably divorce life at the sheer sillyness of some people.

—T

ETA: yes I joke sometimes.

I actually divorced my husband of ten years because of his gaming addiction. I got tired of living my life alone while he sat at his desk, playing Call of Duty and other games with his online friends. The last I heard of him, he had lost a very good job and was forced to take a more time-consuming job with far less pay after he took bankruptcy. I wasn't silly to divorce him, it was the best thing I ever did for both him and myself. Believe me, gaming addictions are very real and can ruin the lives of the addict and the ones who love them.

On topic, I'd say this thread won't be responsible for taking away whatever realism this game has left and the rest of us should just leave it alone. To the OP, I am sorry you experienced this and I hope you'll be able to get back in the game. In real life, I like my pets more than I do people and hate seeing pets in the game being sick too.
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited November 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I just think what I experienced in the game was a bit over the top for a Sims game.

....Have you seen the puffer fish death? Over the top should be this game's motto at this point XD

• Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

@LadyEmillye Seeing a cat constant extreme vomiting is horrendous and in an elder cat is will almost always lead to death of that animal, so do not tell me Nothing horrific happened, to me it was, I have my opinion and you have yours, I was watching what was happening your are just saying what you think I saw, and in that case my opinion weighs more as to the facts.

And as far as the Dev team go on sensitivity limits, they have very little or they would not make a pet look like this with extream vomiting in the first place. They would have had the animals die if they could have, but it took the game out of the teen rating, so they just went as far as they could go.
    sMhwgD7.png
    In every country we are being overcharged for this game, The lease they should do is give us a working one.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I just think what I experienced in the game was a bit over the top for a Sims game.

....Have you seen the puffer fish death? Over the top should be this game's motto at this point XD

you just made me check it out... woah that's brutal xD! (for sims)
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Kelleygirl wrote: »
    I’m actually howling reading this.

@mirta000 is bang on the mark. If you’re offended, afraid or emotionally scarred by this game, please, stop playing and seek help, because you’re ruining it for rest of us with a backbone.

Wow, people are flimsy now days. Get a grip, it’s a GAME. It is impossible for any of it to ‘suffer’.
    This thread is ridiculous.

—T

Google player sues Fallout creator for game being too addictive . Wife left him :p You can also google gaming and divorce. Some people get so addicted to pixels which might effect RL. :/

If I googled that I’d probably divorce life at the sheer sillyness of some people.

—T

ETA: yes I joke sometimes.

I actually divorced my husband of ten years because of his gaming addiction. I got tired of living my life alone while he sat at his desk, playing Call of Duty and other games with his online friends. The last I heard of him, he had lost a very good job and was forced to take a more time-consuming job with far less pay after he took bankruptcy. I wasn't silly to divorce him, it was the best thing I ever did for both him and myself. Believe me, gaming addictions are very real and can ruin the lives of the addict and the ones who love them.

On topic, I'd say this thread won't be responsible for taking away whatever realism this game has left and the rest of us should just leave it alone. To the OP, I am sorry you experienced this and I hope you'll be able to get back in the game. In real life, I like my pets more than I do people and hate seeing pets in the game being sick too.

It is ironic you hate seeing pets sick in the game but bought a pack about pets getting sick and highly advertised it would have pet illnesses and a Vet career specifically for curing those illnesses. This whole thread reminds me of how people complained there are vampires in their game after installing a pack of vampires in their game. I will never understand what some of you actually want, dress up or what. Rhetorical question and no need to answer. ETA: Was anyone crying about Sims getting sick in game? Or just complaining it was too often? Harvard did a study recently more people are sympathetic to puppies than they are to a baby...what's wrong with that picture. Again, ignore me.

Actually, I wasn't complaining.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,767 Member
    might I point out the OP did take their sims' cat to the vet but the Vet is bugged so when the cat ran outside the OP thought the cat was going to die outside the vet's clinic
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    MadameLee wrote: »
    might I point out the OP did take their sims' cat to the vet but the Vet is bugged so when the cat ran outside the OP thought the cat was going to die outside the vet's clinic

But it is all over this board pets won't die from illness and she knew aging was off. So, I can't hardly believe she thought the cat would actually die from what? Aging off, and illness won't kill them. So, from what?

So what? Let me tell you:

*This thread should get tons of views* :wink:
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    This has to be a troll... The cat doesn't even look bad..
  • Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    cats are evil beware
    qBgyViB.png
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    It pains me that people can be so insensitive about someone's suffering. The OP described his or her experience and reaction and while many here would not have reacted the same way, that does not invalidate the OP's feelings. His or her reaction can serve as a warning to others who might not want to have the same experience with a pet. For the rest, I don't see why there are suggestions about the OP's need for therapy and general condemnation of the OP's post. People are different; some people are exquisitely empathetic and have a low threshold for witnessing another person's suffering - even a pixalated creature.
  • Options
    Dijktafone wrote: »

But it is all over this board pets won't die from illness and she knew aging was off. So, I can't hardly believe she thought the cat would actually die from what? Aging off, and illness won't kill them. So, from what?

The question is what did she think was going to kill the cat if she knew aging was off and they don't die from illness. If she didn't know they won't die from illness...then o.k. she found out now they don't. But it's hard to swallow.

'Course it is, especially with how much it has been stressed out that only old age kills pets. it's almost like "my sim died of starvation right after his last meal".
  • Options
    Karallyne wrote: »
    I absolutely don't agree with the OP but is there any point to this back and forth heckling? The thread was made as a warning by the OP to like-minded people and nothing else. Is it dramatic? To me and most of the other people here, yes. But is it anyone's place to tell them to get over it or to get a mental evaluation? Unless you've got a PhD in Psychology (a master's in that is nothing now) I'd say no.

So it's very easy to just let the warning stand as a warning to those who need it, and if it doesn't apply to you, shrug and move on.

I do have a Ph.D. in psychology. The OP is fine but the others here are engaging in bullying.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

The question is what did she think was going to kill the cat if she knew aging was off and they don't die from illness. If she didn't know they won't die from illness...then o.k. she found out now they don't. But it's hard to swallow.

'Course it is, especially with how much it has been stressed out that only old age kills pets. it's almost like "my sim died of starvation right after his last meal".

lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    On a brighter side, I would hire this cat to water my sim's garden.
  • Options
    Alexai wrote: »
    Karallyne wrote: »
    I absolutely don't agree with the OP but is there any point to this back and forth heckling? The thread was made as a warning by the OP to like-minded people and nothing else. Is it dramatic? To me and most of the other people here, yes. But is it anyone's place to tell them to get over it or to get a mental evaluation? Unless you've got a PhD in Psychology (a master's in that is nothing now) I'd say no.

So it's very easy to just let the warning stand as a warning to those who need it, and if it doesn't apply to you, shrug and move on.

I do have a Ph.D. in psychology. The OP is fine but the others here are engaging in bullying.

Really, I have a few things under my belt, too. And coddling never helps. It only enables dillusions.

There's a big difference between coddling, understanding and support.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top