Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vet Trouble

Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
My poor raccoon Bubbles is sick and I took her to the vet, spent the whole day there and poor Bubbles wasn't seen by the vet but every other pet was. I did sign her in. Is there something else I was supposed to do?

Comments

• Options
    GreenRoseGreenRose Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having similar troubles. I've found the vets, both when working at your clinic or when you're just visiting with a sick pet, don't do anything. They take pets into the examination room and have them on the table, but all they do is stroke them. Waited all day with one of my sick pets too, but didn't get anywhere, just gave up in the end :/
  • Options
    AloeVistaAloeVista Posts: 326 Member
    Its probably just yet another bug that has managed to remain in the EP which is to be expected. This always happens with their expansion releases and I anticipated it. Either they'll address the issue in a future patch or modders once again will have to pick up the slack. I'm pretty sure by now that they don't even bother to test their games out before they release them, as there are always minor or major issues in the beginning.
    rvbRMVD.jpg
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    I want too sell my vet clinic but don't see a way too do it
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Weird I'm not having this issue at all :/ if I take the dog to my own clinic then my sim is just treating it herself and if I take it to another one it gets tested as well. Do you have any other issues? Do you use any mods?
  • Options
    SimGuruHoutsSimGuruHouts Posts: 73 SimGuru
    Sounds like a bug, sorry to hear it. As an alternative, try buying a Wellness Treat from the Vending Machine at the clinic (if one isn't there, you may need to go into Build Mode and place one). The Wellness Treat will cure your pet's sickness for only a little bit more than the cost of going to the vet.
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member
    I went home and returned the next morning and she had as able to be treated.
  • Options
    YellowgirlltYellowgirllt Posts: 1 New Member
    I cant even sign in to the Vet. All of the options are blanked out saying there are no pets available when i asked Mittens whats wrong and I KNOW she's sick.
    I gave her a wellness treat for now but um.. can we get this fixed?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    I cant even sign in to the Vet. All of the options are blanked out saying there are no pets available when i asked Mittens whats wrong and I KNOW she's sick.
    I gave her a wellness treat for now but um.. can we get this fixed?

Hello @Yellowgirllt
    Try returning to your home. Then travel back to the Vet Clinic and see if the issue remains.
  • Options
    MarcyPritchardMarcyPritchard Posts: 1 New Member
    My sim owns a vet clinic and I wanted to move her, her dog, and her cat in with her boyfriend, so I packed all her stuff into her house inventory and selected the interaction “ask to move in”. Then the cat got pregnant and I wanted to take her to the vet clinic my sim owned. When I got there I saw that the staff wasn’t who I had hired even though the work day was still going. So I checked to see if my sim still owned the clinic and SHE DIDN’T! I’m very flustered and really want help!!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    My sim owns a vet clinic and I wanted to move her, her dog, and her cat in with her boyfriend, so I packed all her stuff into her house inventory and selected the interaction “ask to move in”. Then the cat got pregnant and I wanted to take her to the vet clinic my sim owned. When I got there I saw that the staff wasn’t who I had hired even though the work day was still going. So I checked to see if my sim still owned the clinic and SHE DIDN’T! I’m very flustered and really want help!!

Hello
    When your sims move into another household they can lose ownership of any retail stores, restaurants and vet clinics that they own. Households own these places, so your sim lost the ownership of the vet clinic , because she is now in a new household.
  • Options
    the_sims_4the_sims_4 Posts: 1 New Member
    Can you only sign in your pet when it is sick?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited April 2020
    the_sims_4 wrote: »
    Can you only sign in your pet when it is sick?
    I believe so.

If you run your own vet clinic then sometimes sims will bring their pets for a check up without them being ill but I'm not sure you can do this with your own pets. But why not give it a go and let us know?