Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Error Code 102 after November 2017 Patch WORKAROUND.

ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
If you're reading this it's because like me, you were experiencing the error code 102 after installing the Cats and Dogs patch. Well, I think I have a workaround.

When you load up the game for the first time, DO NOT USE your autosave slot. Instead, hit load game on the main menu screen. Then click on the save you want to load. In the bottom right corner you will see two buttons. Click the recover save button, and click on one of the earlier save points on your game. This should recover your saved game at an earlier point, but still allow you to play the game. This worked for me, and I wanted to make sure to share this in case other people are having the same problem I did.

Questions or comments, please add them.

It should be noted that I DO NOT play with any CC or mods. I don't know how well this will work for those of you who do.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
Post edited by ShadyLady89 on

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
  • Options
    Amayarocks2341Amayarocks2341 Posts: 4 New Member
    It’s still not working for me
  • Options
    When I load a household all it does is some weird thing where all it shows is none of the household members, just the house. I tried the reset cheat and it said sim not found, and this just started happening ever since I got the update
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    When I load a household all it does is some weird thing where all it shows is none of the household members, just the house. I tried the reset cheat and it said sim not found, and this just started happening ever since I got the update

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

The UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing issues. It you have it, remove it from your Mods folder and install the new updated version when it is released.
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16142692"][quote="Amayarocks2341;c-16142672"]It’s still not working for me [/quote]

[quote="Amayarocks2341;c-16142688"]When I load a household all it does is some weird thing where all it shows is none of the household members, just the house. I tried the reset cheat and it said sim not found, and this just started happening ever since I got the update[/quote]

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. [/quote]
    Ok I’ll try <3 do u think the sims will make a new update to fix these problems:-(
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
    Ok I’ll try <3 do u think the sims will make a new update to fix these problems:-(

There may be an update to help with the issue with the loss of relationships and with the error 102 issue.
    Your issue may be a result of broken mods though. Try testing without the mods and see if that helps the issues.
  • Options

That sounds like an entirely different issue. I was unable to load my save file at all. It didn't matter what household I selected, I kept getting the Error code 102 until I did recover save.
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    [quote="rosemow;c-16142720"][quote="Amayarocks2341;c-16142703"][quote="rosemow;c-16142692"][quote="Amayarocks2341;c-16142672"]It’s still not working for me [/quote]

[quote="Amayarocks2341;c-16142688"]When I load a household all it does is some weird thing where all it shows is none of the household members, just the house. I tried the reset cheat and it said sim not found, and this just started happening ever since I got the update[/quote]

Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. [/quote]
    [/quote]

There may be an update to help with the issue with the loss of relationships and with the error 102 issue.
    Your issue may be a result of broken mods though. Try testing without the mods and see if that helps the issues.[/quote]

Ok I took away a lot of the mods and the household popped up, THANK U SOOO MUCH
  • Options

Your issue may be a result of broken mods though. Try testing without the mods and see if that helps the issues.

Ok I took away a lot of the mods and the household popped up, THANK U SOOO MUCH

You’re welcome :) This thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    See, mine doesn't show the error message until after I select the file and press to play a household.

I got it to work for one of the files I made today (basically did a save as for the moment I started it to not mess with the older files), but I made another file after that when I did a major sim-deleting fest (cause I was waaaay beyond the 200 limit) and it is not working whatsoever.

So...

Pre-Sim-Purge File: Works via Select-and-Load workaround

Post-Sim-Purge File: Doesn't work even if I do the Load workaround.

I moved a lot of my mods, but kept a good chunk of cc in there, so I know it can't be entirely the cc because IT does work via the Select & Load workaround trick, just on a certain file and I don't know why???

I mean, worse comes to worse, I can try to inch all of my cc in slowly. But it seems to me this is beyond a cc issue, but idk.
  • Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    See, mine doesn't show the error message until after I select the file and press to play a household.

I got it to work for one of the files I made today (basically did a save as for the moment I started it to not mess with the older files), but I made another file after that when I did a major sim-deleting fest (cause I was waaaay beyond the 200 limit) and it is not working whatsoever.

So...

Pre-Sim-Purge File: Works via Select-and-Load workaround

Post-Sim-Purge File: Doesn't work even if I do the Load workaround.

I moved a lot of my mods, but kept a good chunk of cc in there, so I know it can't be entirely the cc because IT does work via the Select & Load workaround trick, just on a certain file and I don't know why???

I mean, worse comes to worse, I can try to inch all of my cc in slowly. But it seems to me this is beyond a cc issue, but idk.

Hello
    It would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-102/td-p/6402676
  • Options
    Mn3wt8xcMn3wt8xc Posts: 1 New Member
    I've tried all the above but still comes up with the error code. I can only play one household and can't visit/start a household in the new world :/
  • Options
    Mn3wt8xc wrote: »
    I've tried all the above but still comes up with the error code. I can only play one household and can't visit/start a household in the new world :/

Hello @Mn3wt8xc
    If you haven’t already done this, try going to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue is also in that save game version.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    MSUMAYMAYMSUMAYMAY Posts: 5 New Member
    This still doesn't work for me. My Mods are on the desktop. I have "recovered game" multiple times. When I recover the game, I can play it (without mods). However, the second I try to add in pets to the household it gives me the error code. HELP! I just want to play pets...
  • Options
    MSUMAYMAY wrote: »
    This still doesn't work for me. My Mods are on the desktop. I have "recovered game" multiple times. When I recover the game, I can play it (without mods). However, the second I try to add in pets to the household it gives me the error code. HELP! I just want to play pets...

Hello
    It would be good to post about your issue on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Error-102-122/td-p/6402676
    Try starting a fresh new save game and see if that helps.
  • Options
    MSUMAYMAYMSUMAYMAY Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > MSUMAYMAY wrote: »
    >
    > This still doesn't work for me. My Mods are on the desktop. I have "recovered game" multiple times. When I recover the game, I can play it (without mods). However, the second I try to add in pets to the household it gives me the error code. HELP! I just want to play pets...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It would be good to post about your issue on this AHQ EA site thread

> Try starting a fresh new save game and see if that helps.

If I start, from the home screen, a new save game, yes it does work I can get into play mode.
  • Options
    MSUMAYMAY wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > MSUMAYMAY wrote: »
    >
    > This still doesn't work for me. My Mods are on the desktop. I have "recovered game" multiple times. When I recover the game, I can play it (without mods). However, the second I try to add in pets to the household it gives me the error code. HELP! I just want to play pets...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It would be good to post about your issue on this AHQ EA site thread

> Try starting a fresh new save game and see if that helps.

If I start, from the home screen, a new save game, yes it does work I can get into play mode.

I am sorry but you may need to play in the new save game. You can go to Manage households in the old save game to save your sims to your library. Then you can place them into the new save game.They will lose though any relationships that your sims have with sims not in their household, and will lose their inventory and collections progress. They will retain though their skills, reward traits, aspiration progress and their careers.
  • Options
    sara222lovesara222love Posts: 1 New Member
    Hola acabo de instalar los sims 4 perros y gatos y al iniciar mi partida no me deja entrar en ningún hogar. La pantalla se pone azul y me aparece el mensaje de código de error 102. No utilizo ningún tipo de mod y nunca he tenido ningún problema, espero que sea un error de la nueva actualización y se arregle pronto, pero de momento no puedo hacer nada :l
  • Options
    Hola acabo de instalar los sims 4 perros y gatos y al iniciar mi partida no me deja entrar en ningún hogar. La pantalla se pone azul y me aparece el mensaje de código de error 102. No utilizo ningún tipo de mod y nunca he tenido ningún problema, espero que sea un error de la nueva actualización y se arregle pronto, pero de momento no puedo hacer nada :l

Hola @sara222love
    Puede ser causado por eliminar un sim. Lo mejor es no eliminar sims, para tratar de evitar este error
    Intenta recuperar una versión anterior de tu juego de salvar actual para jugar. Para hacerlo, vaya a la pantalla principal de sims 4 y haga clic en el botón "cargar juego". Haga clic en la imagen del archivo de guardar juego. Luego haz clic en el botón "recuperar juego" en la parte inferior derecha de la pantalla. Presione en una versión anterior del juego guardado desde el menú que aparece. A continuación, carga esa versión guardada del juego
  • Options
    Tyler155Tyler155 Posts: 1 New Member
    I bought every pack for my wife because she absolutley loves playing the sims, too bad ea can’t make a single thing without i having bugs after bugs after bugs. Error code 102:70c7f9a6c:8998dd17 is absolutley annoying, all mods have been deleted, cache empty, save reverted back to the 7th, folders moved replaced games uninstalled, reinstalled/repaired and still nothing. Will someone at EA do your job and help out all these people including my wife so they can play the game they paid for!!!!!
  • Options
    CanhongfwCanhongfw Posts: 4 New Member
    I ran into the same problem too, because of deleting some Sims.Now I can't play the game, after loading occurred error code102, don't know when it will be fixed.I've been playing for over 200 hours and I don't want to restart the game again.

PS.my auto saves is after the problem, because after the problem, I made changes to some householders, so I can't return to earlier save points. :'(
  • Options
    boa1617boa1617 Posts: 11 New Member
    Don't have any mods at all and I get the error 102 code every time I try to load into a house. This new expansion made it impossible to play at all. I cannot load any houses and have not been able to get it to work all day.
  • Options
    boa1617 wrote: »
    Don't have any mods at all and I get the error 102 code every time I try to load into a house. This new expansion made it impossible to play at all. I cannot load any houses and have not been able to get it to work all day.

Hello @boa1617
    It can be caused by deleting a sim. It is best not to delete sims, to try to avoid this error
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    it happens after deleting a sim from a household. whether you have mods in your folder or not, it does it. this patch has really plummed me off, so much so, I can't even be excited about playing this EP.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    @BlueR0se what doesn't make sense to me is that I'm still well beyond the 200 sim limit, and will continue to make new families, and somehow recovering my save worked. I'm sorry you're having this issue, and that you have to purge your sims.
    Sims 4 Blog