Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know your playing Sims 3 too much when....

Comments

• Options
    CutesrevengeCutesrevenge Posts: 419 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you're like me, and you find yourself speaking Simlish to yourself and almost talking to your friends in Simlish.

It's getting scary. D:
  • Options
    sexihoniebunniesexihoniebunnie Posts: 424 Member
    edited August 2009
    When you start saying your family members have the over-emotional or neurotic trait.

I do that all the time. :oops:

For instance, I would say to my family members, "If you were a sim or I made you on the sims, I would give you _____ traits.

I did that to my b/f last nite and told him I could make each of his family members a sim. I even planned to just stick em all in a house on the game and see how it pan out lol. But then PMS kicked in and that idea is on hold. :-)
  • Options
    speckypeckspeckypeck Posts: 220 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You have the Sims music on your ipod :oops:
  • Options
    naysaslemmingsnaysaslemmings Posts: 477 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also look up blueprints online and then build the house in the game! It's so much fun!

I also do this :)[/quote]

All my sims homes are based on real ones.
    I even build my current house and houses I've lived in and family members homes
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When somebody does something or says something funny and your all..

Oh haha, yea they do that on the sims too.
  • Options
    theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009
    When you start saying your family members have the over-emotional or neurotic trait.

I do that all the time. :oops:

For instance, I would say to my family members, "If you were a sim or I made you on the sims, I would give you _____ traits.

I did that to my b/f last nite and told him I could make each of his family members a sim. I even planned to just stick em all in a house on the game and see how it pan out lol. But then PMS kicked in and that idea is on hold. :-)

Lol, that's funny. I do play the sims way too much.
  • Options
    Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2009
    . . . when you're browsing other sites and try to zoom in closer on something. I think someone already mentioned this, but that is my biggest signal I've been simming too much! :)
  • Options
    cowseatsoap91cowseatsoap91 Posts: 601 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i push the 2, 3, and 4 keys trying to make things load faster on the computer. alot.

i also had a dream once i was playing sims and i woke up holding a wad of my blanket like a mouse

i put the music from Makin Magic onto my ipod. :?

i can sing along to all the sims 1 songs on the radio
  • Options
    luckynicole659luckynicole659 Posts: 7,707 New Member
    edited August 2009
    On ts2, I always learned the simlish words to the songs. I would sing along sometimes. What a dork I am.
  • Options
    ElliewaElliewa Posts: 269 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I do find that when I'm walking somewhere and it's taking ages or I'm doing something slow and boring I find myself thinking "I should press 3 so it goes faster"
  • Options
    berrypie27berrypie27 Posts: 15,492 Member
    edited August 2009
    turture00 wrote:
    That's an interesting one...
    Have another..

You know you're playing the Sims too much when you start holding the right mouse button to make the screen move on websites, etc.

I feel silly when I accidently do that... oops! :oops:

I have totally done that before.
  • Options
    stefy118stefy118 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You know you've been playing too much when you yell "MOSHUNO" at someone who is making you impatient.
  • Options
    CheezFonduCheezFondu Posts: 10 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You've been playing too much when you and your friend know the words to one of the kids songs. But in our defense, the song only has 3 lines in it. xD
  • Options
    tourniquet776tourniquet776 Posts: 257 New Member
    edited August 2009
    ...when you meet someone new, and you try to figure out which five traits they have.

Hehehe. I do this many, many times. :D
  • Options
    tourniquet776tourniquet776 Posts: 257 New Member
    edited August 2009
    stefy118 wrote:
    You know you've been playing too much when you yell "MOSHUNO" at someone who is making you impatient.

ROFL! I think you just made my day! :-) :D:lol:
  • Options
    Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited August 2009
    you know you have been playing the sims 3 too much when...you can hum a whole sims loading song "to the T" while you are doing laundry..Once I realized WHAT song I was humming..I was like 🐸🐸🐸🐸. and my bf just laughed at me....(he knows the songs too even though he doesnt even play!!) haha, good thing he loves me for who I am (a sims FREAK) :lol:
  • Options
    pollyphilppollyphilp Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I feel embarassed when I know the things the sims say, and how me and my friend compare thigns in real life to the sims. Also, I do the house thing. Oh, and another sad thing is when I imagine my mood bars, and whether they would be green or red or whatever. :?
  • Options
    pollyphilppollyphilp Posts: 9 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Just thought of it, 'cos me and my friend are so obsessed with the Sims 2, she learnt to play the theme music on her piano. She made me lsiten to it and guess what it was, so of course I immeadiatly knew. :O
  • Options
    NyappyMuffinNyappyMuffin Posts: 363 New Member
    edited August 2009
    i push the 2, 3, and 4 keys trying to make things load faster on the computer. alot.

Yay, I'm not the only one who does this!!!! =D
  • Options
    KarlsaurKarlsaur Posts: 726 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I know i've posted this before but...
    When you burst up from your computer chair and your mom asks you where you're going you reply "My bladder need is low" then once she stares at you like this :shock: for twenty minutes you notice what you've said. :oops:
    I have a problem... :shock:
    -Karlsaur. :roll:
  • Options
    crazybadazycrazybadazy Posts: 1,144 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You know you're playing Sims 3 too much when you see a car and call out "Hey My sim drives that same car!"

I sometimes do this to my mom, I will tell her that the car next to us is a sim car.
  • Options
    anoriega97anoriega97 Posts: 25 New Member
    edited May 2012
    today when i was out I saw this lady with really pretty hair and I though "ooh she's pretty i wonder where she downloaded her hair"
  • Options
    theprincess3theprincess3 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited May 2012
    Sianystar wrote:
    When you see someone wearing an outfit and think 'My sim would look REALLY great in that...'

True story, though its not that bad. Once I dreamed I was playing Sims 3 though, that make me feel pretty nerdy.
    I am the same. I love looking at an outfit someone is wearing that looks cool and thinking of my sim in it.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited May 2012
    When you dream about building a house. Because i did just this like last week. >.>
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited May 2012
    This happened on Mother's Day of this year,

When your talking to a family friend that you haven't seen in years, she mentions playing all of the "Ville" games on Face Book, then you pull out your base game and say, "This is all of the "Ville" I need." and she says "I love that game." and you end up talking about nothing but the sims for the rest of the visit while your older brother sits there quietly because he dislikes the concept. And the two of you end up friending each other on both Face Book and TS3 site.
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.