Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know your playing Sims 3 too much when....

You know your playing the Sims too much when your having a dream and you see a bar above your head showing that your fun level was down way low! :oops:

Comments

• svbeckersvbecker Posts: 14 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I should have mentioned that this happened to me for real, twice!
  • turture00turture00 Posts: 45 New Member
    edited August 2009
    That's an interesting one...
    Have another..

You know you're playing the Sims too much when you start holding the right mouse button to make the screen move on websites, etc.

I feel silly when I accidently do that... oops! :oops:
  • SianystarSianystar Posts: 1,515 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you see someone wearing an outfit and think 'My sim would look REALLY great in that...'

True story, though its not that bad. Once I dreamed I was playing Sims 3 though, that make me feel pretty nerdy.
  • sugar_cookiessugar_cookies Posts: 1,308 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you're on another website and you want to pause and press P! I've done that countless times on youtube!!
  • simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited August 2009
    ...you randomly start to say simlish to yourself (or just start to know it mentally).
  • FatalTemptressFatalTemptress Posts: 757 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Could be more for Sims 2, but.. when you know all of the jibberish songs on the stereo off by heart. This happened to me. :XD: I still remember them.
  • Sgizzle09Sgizzle09 Posts: 4,179 Member
    edited August 2009
    When you're on another website and you want to pause and press P! I've done that countless times on youtube!!
    OMG, glad I am not the only one!! hahaha I do this ALL the time when I am just browsing the net or watching youtube videos, I try to press 'P' to pause it..oh yea, I also do it when I am listening to music on my computer really loud and someone says something, I click 'P', *****, it didnt work! lol..
  • LisaV913zLisaV913z Posts: 1,264 Member
    edited August 2009
    LOL All Above for me
  • PrincessAngelPrincessAngel Posts: 190 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You look at a house and immediately try to imagine how you would make it in the game.
  • permanentmarkerpermanentmarker Posts: 137 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Could be more for Sims 2, but.. when you know all of the jibberish songs on the stereo off by heart. This happened to me. :XD: I still remember them.

haha, sometimes I'll find myself humming the songs off the sim radio after playing sims for a while and I'll be like wow...im a dork

and I've done the house thing, too ^^^^
  • TheQueenOfFranceTheQueenOfFrance Posts: 314 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You look at a house and immediately try to imagine how you would make it in the game.

I do that all the time

:mrgreen:
  • the_harlequinadethe_harlequinade Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2009
    You know you play Sims 3 too much when you're watching a DVD on your computer and you press the 'P' button in an attempt to pause it.
  • warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Sgizzle09 wrote:
    OMG, glad I am not the only one!! hahaha I do this ALL the time when I am just browsing the net or watching youtube videos, I try to press 'P' to pause it..oh yea, I also do it when I am listening to music on my computer really loud and someone says something, I click 'P', *****, it didnt work! lol..

I do that ALL the time!!! Lol! I feel weird!
  • warnergirlswarnergirls Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Oh- and how I look at people saying "They look like a sim" Or "Thats would be a fun sim to make."

I've got a problem.
  • sunderland199sunderland199 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited August 2009

I do that all the time

:mrgreen:

I do this ALL THE TIME! I also look up blueprints online and then build the house in the game! It's so much fun!
  • Corymorrison1993Corymorrison1993 Posts: 161 New Member
    edited August 2009
    When you pretend to disappear in the car in real life. LOL!!
  • breebree711breebree711 Posts: 1,581 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You know youre playing The Sims 3 too much when...

You cant see something so you go to press the screen rotate button :oops:
    Or you try to speed up, slow down, pause, or restart life!

Ohh and Ive done just about everything else listed so far, especially the pause one!
  • AcanthaLynnAcanthaLynn Posts: 51 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You know you're playing Sims 3 too much when...

- You are hungry you just stand around waving your hands and yelling.
    (I started laughing about it after I realized what our Sims go through)

- You are in bed then wake up to tell an "imaginary creator" to stop watching you and to just hit the fast forwad button.
    (It might've been a dream, but it seemed real!)

- You try changing your traits and spend all day trying to be "new".
    (I tried being a Neurotic Loner for a day, and wow, that was HARD)
  • babygemini1986babygemini1986 Posts: 95 New Member
    edited August 2009
    I also look up blueprints online and then build the house in the game! It's so much fun![/quote]

I also do this :)
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    edited October 2012
    When you edit your Sims 3 forum response over three years later because you realize it sounded kind of racist.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • BellaCullen25BellaCullen25 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited August 2009
    Like other people I've had dreams that I was a sim and in the game. Hasn't happened to me recently though.
  • peaceloveleahpeaceloveleah Posts: 3,522 New Member
    edited August 2009
    You start hearing other people speaking Simlish.

This happened to me...
  • sexihoniebunniesexihoniebunnie Posts: 424 Member
    edited August 2009
    When you start saying your family members have the over-emotional or neurotic trait. Or when you go to home improvement stores, you look in house/floor plan books and tell who you went with that you could build that house...and they look at you like:
    thumb_FAIL-cat-I-sense-fail.jpg
  • theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009

OMG, this happened to me too. But it wasn't the stereo ones, it was the ones in build and buy mode, and loading screens. Those loading screens were so long... D:

Although I don't remember them by heart now, but I did when I played sims 2. I could start singing them right off the bat.

Now, I have to hear it playing, and then I can sing along. :cry:
  • theRealDeal09theRealDeal09 Posts: 4,549 Member
    edited August 2009
    When you start saying your family members have the over-emotional or neurotic trait.

I do that all the time. :oops:

For instance, I would say to my family members, "If you were a sim or I made you on the sims, I would give you _____ traits.