Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which was your first "The Sims" game?

SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
edited November 2017 in Off Topic Chat
I'm curious to see what everyones first The Sims game was. I know this is the feedback category, but I really wanted to do this poll. And I'm not the only one here doing off-topic polls. So, why not? The first "The Sims" game that I ever played was the original one: "The Sims". I was quite young when I played this. Around five or six I think. For my birthday once I asked all of these Expansion Packs from different people. It was really cool. So if your interested, share what your first "The Sims" game was!
Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
hPtVNfA.png

Which was your first "The Sims" game? 294 votes

The Sims
60%
ehaught58CK213Frn0731nickibitswardHaids5987cameronw209icmnfrshSimsprocfunBluefairy286IdontrcallneutralsideHejixJaline33Rflong7MaMaTwinklebirdAndreaTheHeroJessa_DakkarMartinvCrmelsimloverVkitty 179 votes
The Sims 2
19%
LeGardePourpreErpeGalacticGalimhappyParyKATENESSdrake_mccartyApparentlyAwesometwiddle3JennyggSk8rblazetrilyKLAlexislulubadwolfmikawagTerraMEP199sheronparrisorangehippogriffSonata13Singer 57 votes
The Sims 3
10%
MagdaleenaGoeguJoAnne65Sucom5782341b77vlChiaraFoschianipandabear1836TheDreamyWriterwendelynerjssimsarlynute1Simmer_chiyenKay8OrangeSimtown15gummybear0724plushtrap_107LaracroftEyes1PurrdaleckiWaterdragonLunaSmith 32 votes
The Sims 4
4%
ChalkyMalkyBroncos4lifePancakesandwichAshtontoAshton22CharliecheesenurgersSimDestroyerSkyzzahkaiwrysimsEnderGamer87Madachan88anomalySephardicThe_Sims_Monarch12 13 votes
Other (Stories, MySims, Medieval, etc.)
4%
CheesySimsLoverxoJessiDragonAge_300905kittymeowTheSingingSimmerAlouetteDunsmoreMasonGamerHermioneGranger73PukingautotunedreamprisonerSimReviewsLyricSimsz15LiaRose1435 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    The Sims
    the sims1 was my first game then I moved on to sims2 then sims3 now sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    edited November 2017
    The Sims
    The Sims. It's a funny story. When I was a kid, I got Unleashed without realizing that "expansion pack" meant that I had to get the base game as well, so my dad ended up having to get that for me as well. :D
  • Options
    BambooramBambooram Posts: 222 Member
    The Sims
    My very first game was TS1 Unleashed because i saw the animals... then i couldn't install it and my dad saw that i needed TS1 to play it. We didn't know much about expansions back then, hahaha.
    HV83B28.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The Sims
    I started playing the Sims Deluxe in 2002. I'm still playing it. Other than that, the only console versions I have played are the Sims 2 Castaway, the Sims 3, and maybe a couple others on the DS. Sadly those games got stolen at my brother's high school. I've played the Sims, the Sims 2, the Sims 3, the Sims 4, the Sims Life Stories series, Sim Tower, and Sim City. So technically my first Sims type of game was Sim City 2000. I play a bunch of other games too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    The Sims
    The Sims. It's a funny story. When I was a kid, I got Unleashed without realizing that "expansion pack" meant that I had to get the base game as well, so my dad ended up having to get that for me as well. :D
    Bambooram wrote: »
    My very first game was TS1 Unleashed because i saw the animals... then i couldn't install it and my dad saw that i needed TS1 to play it. We didn't know much about expansions back then, hahaha.
    Hahahahaha. I had this once too. In this folder of a toy store I saw this retail stuff pack of TS2 and I really wanted it. But I didn't have the basegame. And I never ended up buying it and idk why. I still have that stuff pack wrapped in plastic in my sister's closet. :D
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited November 2017
    The Sims 3
    Hard to answer. Technically The Sims, because I bought that game and played it for 5 hours. The first Sims game I really played however was Sims 3. What to do... ;)

ETA: I decided to go for Sims 3, because like I said, that's the game that got me addicted.
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    umbralshadowsumbralshadows Posts: 212 Member
    The Sims 2
    2 was my first sims.. .. i still play it.
    umbralsimoirsig.png
    lookin for lets players an reviewers for tha short/demo version a my game
    download here
  • Options
    FaridahFaridah Posts: 171 Member
    The Sims

I started with The Sims on Playstation, then moved on with Sims 2 on PC. After that of course Sims 3 and I think Sims 3 is still my favorite one.
    opxgs7vn.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The Sims
    I was a tester even for Will Wright for his original Sims Game back in 1999.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    The Sims
    I started out with The Sims. I got it in January of 2001. At the time the hubby and I had just welcomed our third daughter (she was like three weeks old at the time). And I went to Toys R Us to pick up some diapers. Well, while I was there I went back to the PS2 games to see if there was anything

I wanted to pick up, and I spotted this cardboard display and it had this game called "The Sims" in it. So I picked up the case, looked at the cover art. Had no idea what it was. I flipped it over and read the description, it sounded like a virtual Barbie house! I was like super excited, I needed to get the game. So I got the diapers, ran back home - cause I didn't have enough money on me - and ran back to the store.

Got the game, installed it, and the rest as they say, was history. I ended up playing the game for a week straight with hardly any sleep. lol Try pulling that off with a newborn and two other little ones under the age of three.

Ahhh, the memories.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    The Sims
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I was a tester even for Will Wright for his original Sims Game back in 1999.

Wow! That's really cool to hear!
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    The Sims
    The Original B)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    The Sims
    The original sims. My parents owned it when I was a wee thing and I ended up playing it as well.
  • Options
    sunbaksunbak Posts: 8 New Member
    The Sims
    The sims. My mom took me and my sister to the store one day and let us pick out one computer game. My sister picked up the sims but I wanted something else. I ended up going with her pick but was initially annoyed about it. Once I played it though, I was hooked.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    The Sims 4
    Wow, I'm not the only one with Sims 4!

It's actually a strange row of coincidences. My niece got Sims 3 because my sister couldn't find Sims 4 in her local game shop. Then I admittedly got a bit jealous of how awesome that game was after I could play my own Sim there for an evening, so I wanted Sims 3 too. Because the city they live in also is the closest with a shopping mall I decided to go there too. But, the exact same shop from before only had Sims 4 this time, and I decided to go with that instead. So that's how I got Sims 4 before 3, although I did play 3 earlier.

And technically, Sims 2 Castaway for Nintendo DS was my first ever Sims game. But I forgot about it when I did this poll :D
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    The Sims
    I picked it up between the release and the time "Hot Date" came out. I remember being excited for every EP.
    The guy in line next to me at Walmart laughed and said you need to move the toilet and fridge into the room with you if you start playing that. He was right... but they weren't as easy to place as in the game, so I had to force myself away from the computer now and then to eat, sleep, work and complete bodily functions. Thanks Maxis for the monkey on my back!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The Sims 4
    Actually the first sims game I played was sims social on Facebook lol. I didn't like it, even though I was like 8 and I always wanted something deeper. Then I found the sims freeplay and when I did then I found out that the sims series existed and I was so happy because this was the type of game I was looking for my whole life. I continued to play freeplay for two years until I decided to buy 4.

If I knew that the sims series existed then I probably would have played the earlier games.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    The Sims
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Actually the first sims game I played was sims social on Facebook lol. I didn't like it, even though I was like 8 and I always wanted something deeper. Then I found the sims freeplay and when I did then I found out that the sims series existed and I was so happy because this was the type of game I was looking for my whole life. I continued to play freeplay for two years until I decided to buy 4.

If I knew that the sims series existed then I probably would have played the earlier games.

I played The Sims Social on Facebook too! I didn't like it that much, but my computer back then was very slow so I didn't dare to play TS3 on that. After a while I had made a pretty decent existence in The Sims Social. But all of the sudden they dropped it I believe and it was really dissapointing.
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    kittykateyeskittykateyes Posts: 41 Member
    The Sims
    pretty much the first one to come out i was around 7 the first time i played it my aunt had it and i have played the all
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    The Sims 2
    I started out with The Sims. I got it in January of 2001. At the time the hubby and I had just welcomed our third daughter (she was like three weeks old at the time). And I went to Toys R Us to pick up some diapers. Well, while I was there I went back to the PS2 games to see if there was anything

I wanted to pick up, and I spotted this cardboard display and it had this game called "The Sims" in it. So I picked up the case, looked at the cover art. Had no idea what it was. I flipped it over and read the description, it sounded like a virtual Barbie house! I was like super excited, I needed to get the game. So I got the diapers, ran back home - cause I didn't have enough money on me - and ran back to the store.

Got the game, installed it, and the rest as they say, was history. I ended up playing the game for a week straight with hardly any sleep. lol Try pulling that off with a newborn and two other little ones under the age of three.

Ahhh, the memories.

Now that is hardcore!

My first was The Sims 2. A classmate of mine had brought her laptop and the game (she had the "Nightlife" EP) and she was showing everyone how the game worked and everything. I'd heard of the series, but seeing a game actually in progress was what I needed to go, "Yeah, I need this in my life". Before then, I'd mostly played JRPG's, fighting games, platformers, and creature breeding sims. Later that year, I used my birthday money to buy the base game and that's really all I had for seven years until Ultimate Collection was given away free back in 2014 (I'm always broke...). I skipped the third game because of hardware stuff (I couldn't afford a new computer for the longest time) and the story progression system (Story Progression=No Rotational Play=I Am No Longer Mistress of All Fates), but I got TS4 because of the improvements to building and CAS and the promise that rotational play would be viable again (to date, it is...as long as you have MC Command Center installed so that off-screen relationship decay, relationship culling, and autonomous background flirting don't screw up your carefully crafted master plan...).
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    The Sims
    Ha. I suspect this poll says more about who is on forums than anything else.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    The Sims
    I started out with the very first sims on the ps2 and after that haven't played any again until Sims 4. But I love the original sims, I was pretty young at the time and I played with my mom and we were on pretty much the last "level" or at the end of the game and all we had left to do was throw a party and we saved to take a break and my little brother UNPLUGGED THE MEMORY CARD while saving and it never worked again. I was heartbroken.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    The Sims
    The Sims back in 2001. Wow I’ve dabbled around in this franchise longer than I thought.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2017
    The Sims 2

Sims 2

I actually played the console version first but then after doing some looking online, I found out about the PC version and how much better it was. I've been hooked ever since :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    The Sims
    I started with The Sims in 2001 unintentionally at work. We were setting up a new office and my boss ordered me a new computer. Back in those days, computers came with extra software which companies gave them for promotions/advertising of their products, hoping to attract new customers. Mine came with The Sims game and two other kinds of software. My boss asked me if I wanted them or not. I had heard about The Sims and wondered what it was about and told him so. So he loaded it on my work computer and told me to use it (play it) to test out the computer and setup. So I did, haha! Yes, the computer tested out great. I loved the game when I played, so he gave it to me to take home. That's how I started with the Sims and have stayed with it since.