Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with lot/content type.

I downloaded a Monastery from Community to live in but it is listed as a "Museum." So the game does not allow me to put it on a residential lot. So then I put it down in a park lot, and game does not allow anyone to live on a "park." How can I live in the Monastery? I tired changing the park to residential and forums says the park lot type cannot be changed. I tried changing the community monastery type from museum to residential but can't find option anywhere. I'm totally stuck.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited November 2017
    First question: Where did you put it?
    The Von Haunt estate, ruins and bluffs in Windenburg and park in San Myshuno are the unchangeable lots. You cannot change these lots' lot type. Downloading a lot from the gallery does change it, but you still can't change it in build mode.
    If you want to change the lot type, choose a different lot that you can change (residental, library, café ect.), change it to residental then save this version to your library and put that there.
    If you say you put it on one of these lots, it isn't a bug, but it changing it's lot type is.
  • Options
    SodaGnomeSodaGnome Posts: 154 Member
    I needed a 50 x 50 lot. Oh I found a solution on youtube...... put in cheat bb.enablefreebuild on residential lot. Then game allowed me to put "museum" from community onto the "residential" lot in build mode. Then I tried up loading the lot to my library and lot type had been auto changed from museum to residential. Whew.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,942 Member
    Glad that the issue is resolved.
    Also, I checked my game (I have every add-on installed) and found no 50x50 lots that are locked from changing the lot type. I've found four 50x50 lots (2 in Willow Creek and 2 in Oasis Springs) and one more in Granite Falls, but sims cannot live there after all.
    Residental lot option is the first option and all the empty lots are residental lots.