Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Sun: An Amazon Challenge *NEW 12/02*

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hoho, silent reader here. Great work on your story, I hope to read many many chapters from that again. :3

Regarding the Gods, I think your idea fantastic. To be honest I had nearly the same idea for the gods for my amazon challenge.
    2 goddesses, the main one, a fierce strong woman who is easy to anger. Her symbol is the sun. The sun is considered to be her 'eye'.
    The second one, goddess of fertility and beauty. Her symbol is the moon and the snake. The moon is also considered her 'eye'
    Lastly a male god for the slaves. For their values and for male fertility. His are the stars, they symbolize his virility. ( There will also be something like "Having as many children as stars.")

that sounds awesome! oh my goodness

• Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    In game, when they went to say hi to each other they greeted each other by kissing on the cheek and I was just like EXCUSE YOU THAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE!

:flushed::joy: Griff is on the best way to become my favorite for that. And my liking for Etsi still grows as well. If any slave did that to Penthesilea he'd be lucky not to die![/quote]

I know! :joy: I laughed so hard!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options
    Hoho, silent reader here. Great work on your story, I hope to read many many chapters from that again. :3

Regarding the Gods, I think your idea fantastic. To be honest I had nearly the same idea for the gods for my amazon challenge.
    2 goddesses, the main one, a fierce strong woman who is easy to anger. Her symbol is the sun. The sun is considered to be her 'eye'.
    The second one, goddess of fertility and beauty. Her symbol is the moon and the snake. The moon is also considered her 'eye'
    Lastly a male god for the slaves. For their values and for male fertility. His are the stars, they symbolize his virility. ( There will also be something like "Having as many children as stars.")

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Thanks for breaking your silence to comment! :tongue:
    Your idea for your goddesses and god sounds amazing! It's so well thought out!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Hey, not sure if I commented on this before or not, but I wanted you to know I've really enjoyed it so far :)
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Hey, not sure if I commented on this before or not, but I wanted you to know I've really enjoyed it so far :)

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it! :heart:
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    Ya'll, I am SO sorry about how long it has been taking me to get an update out!
    This next chapter has been a labor of love! I've built a huge build, created new characters, struggled with dialogue, and so much more!
    Fortunately, it's almost done! You can expect a new chapter in the next few days.
    That being said, I wanted to give you all a little extra bonus photo as a thanks for being so patient!

BONUS
    c5YSIdY.png
    The Temple of Ka'i Etsi will be visiting in the upcoming chapter!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Oh! The temple looks so beautiful!
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Oh! The temple looks so beautiful!

Thank you! I have spent so much time on it, I am literally going crazy! :joy:
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    edited December 2017
    Oooh, love it! :love: It's so beautiful and bright, fit for a Goddess of the Sun! (I'm anything else but patient since you've announced that you downloaded so much cc, but don't mind that :D When the time comes, I'll appreciate your builds even more) *sending positive building energy*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    It is when I see screenshots like this I realize I just do not know how to build XD -- More seriously though, I feel like we can really see the time you spent on the temple. It just looks beautiful :)
  • Options
    Oooh, love it! :love: It's so beautiful and bright, fit for a Goddess of the Sun! (I'm anything else but patient since you've announced that you downloaded so much cc, but don't mind that :D When the time comes, I'll appreciate your builds even more) *sending positive building energy*

:joy: Well, thank you! I feel you on the not being patient part. I've not even been patient with myself because I just want to build and write all the things!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    Zurka wrote: »
    It is when I see screenshots like this I realize I just do not know how to build XD -- More seriously though, I feel like we can really see the time you spent on the temple. It just looks beautiful :)

Thank you! I certainly feel like I don't know how to build either! :joy: I basically just find a lot of reference pictures and try to recreate what I see.
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Thank you! I certainly feel like I don't know how to build either! :joy: I basically just find a lot of reference pictures and try to recreate what I see.

I hope no one ever finds my reference pic folder... Or recognizes the buildings :joy:
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ya'll, I am SO sorry about how long it has been taking me to get an update out!
    This next chapter has been a labor of love! I've built a huge build, created new characters, struggled with dialogue, and so much more!
    Fortunately, it's almost done! You can expect a new chapter in the next few days.
    That being said, I wanted to give you all a little extra bonus photo as a thanks for being so patient!

BONUS
    c5YSIdY.png
    The Temple of Ka'i Etsi will be visiting in the upcoming chapter!

It's soo pretty!
  • Options
    Update!
    Chapter 1.5 - Temple of Ka'i
    Etsi visits the Temple of Ka'i to present an offering.

BONUS
    Enjoy some photos of High Priestess Toranna's home and cats!
    J1d6EkL.png
    EtAqjuA.png
    x9btp7A.png
    n6dOsdh.png
    FSsWyeo.png
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    ZurkaZurka Posts: 42 Member
    Very nice chapter ! I love how you justified the fact that the island was not inhabited ! Also, having your second female tribe-member as a priestess is a good idea in my opinion :)
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    I think Kaylani might be my new favourite.
  • Options
    Very nice chapter ! I love how you justified the fact that the island was not inhabited ! Also, having your second female tribe-member as a priestess is a good idea in my opinion :)

Thank you! I knew I would need some reason that the island was uninhabited. I mean, you don't just find empty islands around the place!
    Kaylani isn't actually a priestess. She has been living at the temple since she has no where else to go, but she was assigned as a gatherer.
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    I think Kaylani might be my new favourite.

Really? You only just met her! :joy: I'm glad she made such a good impression!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    I like the temple of Ka'i and the high priestess. It would be good to have someone who trained or live with priestesses. She could know a lot about godly stuff. I still can't get over how beautiful the Temple of Ka;i is. I am in awe of how beautiful it is. This was a cool chapter. I enjoyed the explanation of why the island wasn't inhabited.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    Love that temple, you did great work! Also, Kaylani sure is a good addition to the tribe. A gatherer's useful and she'll make it easier for both current members to tackle old or new problems, and her character seems cheerful enough to suit both of them as good company. :)
    Also, that visit at the temple proved very successful for Etsi :D And it's good that the priestess is so kind, otherwise she could easily use Etsi's inexperience and young age. Get more offerings, maybe. But then again she's a servant of the Goddess of Wisdom :D
    The only question that came up during reading is why don't they have a high priestess of Ka'i if she's the main deity in that area? Or was she only in Etsi's home tribe? But why does she have such a huge temple there, then? That confuses me :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Love that temple, you did great work! Also, Kaylani sure is a good addition to the tribe. A gatherer's useful and she'll make it easier for both current members to tackle old or new problems, and her character seems cheerful enough to suit both of them as good company. :)
    Also, that visit at the temple proved very successful for Etsi :D And it's good that the priestess is so kind, otherwise she could easily use Etsi's inexperience and young age. Get more offerings, maybe. But then again she's a servant of the Goddess of Wisdom :D
    The only question that came up during reading is why don't they have a high priestess of Ka'i if she's the main deity in that area? Or was she only in Etsi's home tribe? But why does she have such a huge temple there, then? That confuses me :#

An excellent question, and one I should have done a better job of answering in the chapter! The idea is that when a priestess finishes her training , she has a ceremony in which one of the goddesses chooses her as her priestess. That means that at any one temple there will be only one priestess for each goddess. There is currently no priestess of Ka'i at this temple, as Ka'i hasn't chosen one! We can't know for sure why she hasn't, but we can assume that none of the priestesses in training have caught her eye. Regardless, the temple is still dedicated to her, as she is the primary deity. Perhaps at some point someone will prove themselves worthy enough for Ka'i to choose them as her priestess.
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options

An excellent question, and one I should have done a better job of answering in the chapter! The idea is that when a priestess finishes her training , she has a ceremony in which one of the goddesses chooses her as her priestess. That means that at any one temple there will be only one priestess for each goddess. There is currently no priestess of Ka'i at this temple, as Ka'i hasn't chosen one! We can't know for sure why she hasn't, but we can assume that none of the priestesses in training have caught her eye. Regardless, the temple is still dedicated to her, as she is the primary deity. Perhaps at some point someone will prove themselves worthy enough for Ka'i to choose them as her priestess.

Well, that explains... things. :D You've mentioned the choice the gods make in the chapter but somehow I didn't connect those two events. My mind's really fuzzy in the last time.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Happily caught up!

Madelyn I have to say your attention to detail in the character development as well as environment is fantastic. :) So excited to see the tribe grow and how Etsi gains respect of more people.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    Nooo. I thought it was a new chapter @Karilan :joy::'(
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26