Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Sun: An Amazon Challenge *NEW 12/02*

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @madelynsims95 Etu reminds me so much of a Labrador puppy in this chapter! Also his office is absolutely lovely, and I especially like the rug!
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Wow, I've rarely enjoyed the beginning of a story so much! A great writing style, nice pictures and builds, characters whose personality is already far developed. Amazing work!
    I love Etu although I suspect that if it was someone else than his sister who bought his slaves, he'd be a terrible slave trader. :D Also it kinda feels like cheating his fellow men when he tells them "yeah you know I'm free but you're not." Doesn't matter that he doesn't mean that in an evil way, it just feels strange. :D But don't worry, that comes from someone who loves her slaves very much. :#
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Wow, I've rarely enjoyed the beginning of a story so much! A great writing style, nice pictures and builds, characters whose personality is already far developed. Amazing work!
    I love Etu although I suspect that if it was someone else than his sister who bought his slaves, he'd be a terrible slave trader. :D Also it kinda feels like cheating his fellow men when he tells them "yeah you know I'm free but you're not." Doesn't matter that he doesn't mean that in an evil way, it just feels strange. :D But don't worry, that comes from someone who loves her slaves very much. :#

I can vouch for @MrsRacooney on this one. She does love her slaves, not sure which one is her favourite though 'cause it's not obvious. Also enjoying this.
  • Options
    madelynsims95madelynsims95 Posts: 285 Member
    @madelynsims95 Etu reminds me so much of a Labrador puppy in this chapter! Also his office is absolutely lovely, and I especially like the rug!

I know! :joy: I don't even need to add pets because Etu is basically a puppy! Lol! And isn't the rug so nice? It came with cats and dogs and I knew I needed to use it somewhere!
    Origin ID: madelynsims95
    Stories/Challenges:
    Mother May I? (100 Baby Challenge)
  • Options

Thank you so much! That means a lot because I absolutely adore your amazon challenge! I just started from the beginning about a week ago so I'm not caught up, but I'm really enjoying it!
    He would probably be a terrible slave trader if it was anyone else! :joy: Several people have said that they are wondering about his motive with being free but trading other men as slaves. I'm excited to get more into his and Etsi's back story here in a few chapters. I'm just glad people have taken an interest!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

I can vouch for @MrsRacooney on this one. She does love her slaves, not sure which one is her favourite though 'cause it's not obvious. Also enjoying this.

I just started reading her story last week and I can tell! I love it though, it makes me love them too when you can tell the writer really cares about them.
    I'm so glad you are enjoying my story! I can't wait to put out more updates!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    more updates! (cheers)
  • Options

Thank you so much! That means a lot because I absolutely adore your amazon challenge! I just started from the beginning about a week ago so I'm not caught up, but I'm really enjoying it!
    He would probably be a terrible slave trader if it was anyone else! :joy: Several people have said that they are wondering about his motive with being free but trading other men as slaves. I'm excited to get more into his and Etsi's back story here in a few chapters. I'm just glad people have taken an interest!

Oh, I didn't know! :o So it was definitely good timing that led me here or an insightful goddess :joy: Be assured that I meant each single word, I'm not someone to give compliments away so easily ;) And it's easy to take interest since your characters are so much alive already, looking forward to learn more about their past!

Thank you @Bugsie2016 for vouching :joy:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

Oh, I didn't know! :o So it was definitely good timing that led me here or an insightful goddess :joy: Be assured that I meant each single word, I'm not someone to give compliments away so easily ;) And it's easy to take interest since your characters are so much alive already, looking forward to learn more about their past!

Thank you @Bugsie2016 for vouching :joy:

I wouldn't vouch if it wasn't so true. Anyway, we can both enjoy this one 'cause usually it's me reading yours. :D (or you reading mine but let's not count mine here as it's not an amazon challenge and therefore not relevant.)
  • Options
    So I left chapter three at a point where either Jair or Griff could become Etsi's first slave. I haven't actually decided who I want it to be! :joy:
    So I figure I should let you guys choose! You can cast your vote here!
    I will be posting the next chapter this week, so voting will go through till the end of the day Tuesday 11/14.
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I wouldn't vouch if it wasn't so true. Anyway, we can both enjoy this one 'cause usually it's me reading yours. :D (or you reading mine but let's not count mine here as it's not an amazon challenge and therefore not relevant.)

Yeah that's actually nice. :D
    So I left chapter three at a point where either Jair or Griff could become Etsi's first slave. I haven't actually decided who I want it to be! :joy:
    So I figure I should let you guys choose! You can cast your vote here!
    I will be posting the next chapter this week, so voting will go through till the end of the day Tuesday 11/14.

Oh goodness the next one will know for whom I've voted because mine was the first vote. Aaah! *runs away*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I am so in love with this story! I have read other Amazon challenges before, but never one like this. I can tell a lot of hard work has been put into writing this story!
  • Options
    I am so in love with this story! I have read other Amazon challenges before, but never one like this. I can tell a lot of hard work has been put into writing this story!

Thank you so much! I've definitely put a lot of work into planning this story, but I can't take full credit! My husband has been a huge help in figuring out characters and plot points!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    While it was a close vote, Griff won!
    I'm very close to finishing the next chapter, so you can expect an update this weekend!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    @madelynsims95
    Eeeeek! I'll look forward to it
  • Options
    Yey, more dark hair! :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Update!
    Chapter 1.4 - Griff Inceku
    Griff adjusts to life with Etsi.

BONUS
    I've got a special bonus today, in that I added a whole page dedicated to explaining the different goddesses and gods mentioned in this story!
    You can find it here.
    Post edited by madelynsims95 on
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    Maaany remarks this time :D Be prepared!
    First of all, I absolutely loved the new chapter. Griff is such a positive character and yet a bit insecure. Just the right one for Etsi because she still has to get used to her new status and responsibility as well. Although why does she tell a slave that she's indecisive? Wouldn't that lower her authority in his eyes (not considering that it probably doesn't with Griff...)? Or is she simply too unexperienced to realize that, or is their culture entirely different and politeness and trust aren't actually signs of weakness there? Would be possible with a gentle goddess as the highest one. :neutral:
    "I'd love to have another woman around." Just after she told him she won't entrust her worries to him. Ouch :D It's such a great twist that Griff feels he must ensure her survival somehow, and the careful way he advises to plant a garden! :joy: I was really laughing here.
    Apart from those things, the gods info pages are great! It gave an insight into the tribe's culture and I'm always enjoying any kind of background information. :) The mention of Humayd startled me at first in the story. Why should the Amazons allow their slaves to worship a slave? Wouldn't that make them rebellious more than anything else? But the entry then made things clear and now I believe he's a great god for both Amazons and slaves. It'll be interesting how the son-or-daughter matter will play out.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @madelynsims95

Okay, so - I LOVED this chapter! I loved how Griff and Etsi already have this little friendship dynamic, and I liked the hint that there would soon be another woman coming along. Eeek!

Secondly, I loved how it showed off how Etsi has been surviving, and that Griff knows he'll have to ensure she carries on surviving. And story wise, it had me hooked! The more I read, the more I love this series!
  • Options
    joyfulsimmerjoyfulsimmer Posts: 50 Member
    I love this chapter! I love the dynamics between Griff and Etsi! It is really interesting how Etsi views Griff as a lower, yet at the same time she is dependent on him for survival.
    The entries on the different gods were awesome! I was a little bit confused on why the slaves were allowed to worship a different god, but that sorted it out for me.
  • Options
    Maaany remarks this time :D Be prepared!
    First of all, I absolutely loved the new chapter. Griff is such a positive character and yet a bit insecure. Just the right one for Etsi because she still has to get used to her new status and responsibility as well. Although why does she tell a slave that she's indecisive? Wouldn't that lower her authority in his eyes (not considering that it probably doesn't with Griff...)? Or is she simply too unexperienced to realize that, or is their culture entirely different and politeness and trust aren't actually signs of weakness there? Would be possible with a gentle goddess as the highest one. :neutral:
    "I'd love to have another woman around." Just after she told him she won't entrust her worries to him. Ouch :D It's such a great twist that Griff feels he must ensure her survival somehow, and the careful way he advises to plant a garden! :joy: I was really laughing here.
    Apart from those things, the gods info pages are great! It gave an insight into the tribe's culture and I'm always enjoying any kind of background information. :) The mention of Humayd startled me at first in the story. Why should the Amazons allow their slaves to worship a slave? Wouldn't that make them rebellious more than anything else? But the entry then made things clear and now I believe he's a great god for both Amazons and slaves. It'll be interesting how the son-or-daughter matter will play out.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Writing from Griff's perspective was surprisingly hard, so I'm glad that he came across exactly how I wanted.
    It was actually Etu who told Griff that Etsi is indecisive, though I'm sure it wouldn't have taken him long to figure it out on his own! I'm sure that her indecisiveness would be an issue if Griff wasn't so loyal, but as he is I like to think he finds it somewhat endearing.
    I was surprised to see that several people were shocked by Humayd. I forget that not everyone has all of the knowledge of this made up culture like I do! :joy: In my mind this culture is polytheistic, with most people worshiping multiple gods and goddesses. I'm excited to slowly introduce more of them as we go along.
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    @madelynsims95

Okay, so - I LOVED this chapter! I loved how Griff and Etsi already have this little friendship dynamic, and I liked the hint that there would soon be another woman coming along. Eeek!

Secondly, I loved how it showed off how Etsi has been surviving, and that Griff knows he'll have to ensure she carries on surviving. And story wise, it had me hooked! The more I read, the more I love this series!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you are enjoying it! I'm really loving Etsi and Griff's relationship. In game, when they went to say hi to each other they greeted each other by kissing on the cheek and I was just like EXCUSE YOU THAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE! They weren't even friends! But I love it :joy:
    I really enjoyed thinking about how well Etsi would have been doing on her own, and the only thing I could think of was not well :joy: so I'm glad Griff is around to help her out!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    I love this chapter! I love the dynamics between Griff and Etsi! It is really interesting how Etsi views Griff as a lower, yet at the same time she is dependent on him for survival.
    The entries on the different gods were awesome! I was a little bit confused on why the slaves were allowed to worship a different god, but that sorted it out for me.

Thank you so much! It's certainly an interesting dynamic. It's strange to think that she sees someone she relies so heavily on as less than, but that tends to be how slaves have been viewed!
    I'm glad you enjoyed the entries on the different gods and goddesses! I thought it would be nice since in my mind this culture is polytheistic, and it may be hard to keep track of who's who as I mention more of them!
    Stories/Challenges:
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    @madelynsims95 So you did good work then writing him ;) And I obviously confused something about why Griff knows about Etsi's indecisiveness. My thought was "Why in the world did she tell him? She humiliates herself" but that issue doesn't even arise when it wasn't her in the first place... :joy:
    Well, since some tribes from my story are polytheistic as well, the main reason why Humayd shocked me was that he was a man and the Amazons let their slaves pray to him! Why? Now the entry you wrote explained that they'd work harder and be more loyal rather than rebel, so no harm done in giving the men their own god.
    In game, when they went to say hi to each other they greeted each other by kissing on the cheek and I was just like EXCUSE YOU THAT IS NOT APPROPRIATE!

:flushed::joy: Griff is on the best way to become my favorite for that. And my liking for Etsi still grows as well. If any slave did that to Penthesilea he'd be lucky not to die!
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Hoho, silent reader here. Great work on your story, I hope to read many many chapters from that again. :3

Regarding the Gods, I think your idea fantastic. To be honest I had nearly the same idea for the gods for my amazon challenge.
    2 goddesses, the main one, a fierce strong woman who is easy to anger. Her symbol is the sun. The sun is considered to be her 'eye'.
    The second one, goddess of fertility and beauty. Her symbol is the moon and the snake. The moon is also considered her 'eye'
    Lastly a male god for the slaves. For their values and for male fertility. His are the stars, they symbolize his virility. ( There will also be something like "Having as many children as stars.")