Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the next life state you would like to see?

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Witches
    Scobre wrote: »
    Has anyone said elves yet?
    Kind of with the changelings being elf children sometimes. I know you can kind of have the elf ear in the game with the aliens. I kind of like having fairies have elf ears. What abilities would you like them to have if they were their own life state?

I wonder if they could use a child's frame to make an adult elf?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Faires
    Scobre wrote: »
    Has anyone said elves yet?
    Kind of with the changelings being elf children sometimes. I know you can kind of have the elf ear in the game with the aliens. I kind of like having fairies have elf ears. What abilities would you like them to have if they were their own life state?

Well it depends on if we're going traditional elves or cinematic elves. If we're going cinematic, they would have to be a natural antithesis to vampires (elves are borne of the light and vampires borne of darkness). Elves would have their own set of magic powers similar to the way the vampires are setup (why create a new system like that for something that already works pretty well?) but their magic is more based on more friendly and good perks that could well be on par with vampire perks. In that sense that also means elves will also have their own weaknesses, that however requires more research.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    Zombies
    Elves are supposed to be immortal just like Gandalf was
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Werewolves
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    For me and my game, MAGIC then WEREWOLVES. After that, I don't care.

I going to make a prediction that won't be popular. We won't get as many life states as before. Why? Plantsims. When they made plantsims a temporary state and not a full on life state, it made me wonder if other past life states might be temporary forms instead of a life state. As much as I hate to say it, werewolves could be one of these temporary life states.

For example, what if they created a wild wolf like we had in the past (similar to the tree with the magic beans) and we must find it and be bitten. Then, our sim would only change at full moons (which will probably come with Seasons) and not when we want it to happen or be a full time life state. There may be others that could be relegated to the temporary ranks of life states.

They'd better not shortchange werewolves like that after the bang-up job they did with vampires. Werewolves already get shortchanged enough in the media compared to vampires in general, so they'd better not mess up in TS4. They know how much fans of werewolves are hoping for and anticipating their release, and vampires should not get to be the only cool creatures of the night on the block...yet again...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Mermaids
    Elves are supposed to be immortal just like Gandalf was
    Yeah I really like how elves are portrayed in Lord of the Rings.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Zombies
    Me too one of my favorite movie series
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Witches
    Witches. I gots muh cats, I needs muh witchies.
  • Options
    Zombies
    Yes we also need them to have ice powers and other kinds of powers
  • Options
    HeckinGodzillaHeckinGodzilla Posts: 49 Member
    Faires
    Oh gosh, fairies. But only if they give more options with them.
    I'm obsessed with Irish Folklore and I think they could do something really cool with fairies if they remembered where they came from originally. I would like a choice to make a fairy that's not like Tinker Bell.
    Which means I'd like them to have the option of not having wings and even being quite intimidating - as the fae in Irish Folklore sometimes come across. I don't want a 'goody-two-shoes' fairy. I want to have a choice to make some pretty crazy mischievous ones. Like, right out mischievous.
    Second, I'd vote witches. It'd be neat if we could tie in Cats and Dogs and have animal familiars. Possibly give our witch sims some cool interactions with their furry companions. I would make Salem from Sabrina the Teenage Witch. :D
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Witches
    Witches please!

Witches alone can bring tons of playable objects (wands, brooms, cauldrons, alchemy stations, spellbooks) and skills (spellcasting, alchemy, magic) into the game. Honestly, if you look back at ts3 supernaturals, most of the new objects were associated with witches.

The only area where witches can be boring in comparison to other occults is appearance. But but, if hybrids were possible, we could have had something like the witch-werewolf, where their "dark form" could have had the enhanced features of werewolves. Same with witch-vampires or witch-fairies or witch-plantsims.

Now when I think about it, it would have been super cool if the game enabled us to first segregate Sims into normal sims and witches, and THEN, allowed us to select another life state for them! That way, we could have had normal vampires/werewolves (ala Edward Cullen and Jacob from Twilight) as well as witch/wizard hybrids (ala Remus Lupin and Sanguini from HP). That would have been awesome.
  • Options
    Zombies
    That would be really cool! I LOVE that idea! Could they even be minataurs and stuff like that as well? You know like in quest for glory. I played that all the time when I was a kid!
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Mermaids
    Mermaids they should make it like the show H20 or Mako Mermaids