Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    It's okay @haswh ! Nicky getting the big(?) D from Mickey! She was ultimately just going to get thrown over for Aubrie anyhow, so it's better this way in the long run :mrgreen::cookie:
    @WagonFruit - Thanks for helping @haswh come to terms with Nicky getting some D.... :joy: .... and liking it. Aubrie....well maybe @haswh can give you a cookie when that doesn't happen either.....((Pssst - look below!)
    LJFoxie wrote: »
    This whole FWB thing, I think Yasmine is trying to convince herself more than Cole, like the more she says it the more she will believe it because that girl is crazy about that boy! :blush:
    FWB is sooo overrated. It's not a thing...just an excuse to get to it. And I do believe you are right. Sadly. But will she ever let herself go there? Not sure why she is behaving like Ben#2 other than she was hurt by someone.... but so was Cole and he is ready and he already knows he isn't in it for FWB. He is in it for the long haul - he just needs to up his game a little. Maybe ask for that Tiramisu recipe.... And really, he isn't ready for THAT recipe yet.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I'm sort of in Cole's shoes (but w/o ever been in a relationship ever) and I sort of understand how he feels- all my girl friends or neighbours who have daughters (And in one case a son) around my age- Most of them have a boyfriend/husband (or in the one son's case, a wife with two sons of his own). And They're living all over the place- In Toronto-3 people live in Toronto, The one classmate (the son) lives in Linsday, Another person lives in Bowmanville. And All of them have an "Other" even most of my (female) cousins do..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @WagonFruit I didn't see the cookie! :cookie: Who knows maybe Aubrie will be the one to win his heart. One never knows till we know Right? ;)
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm sort of in Cole's shoes (but w/o ever been in a relationship ever) and I sort of understand how he feels- all my girl friends or neighbours who have daughters (And in one case a son) around my age- Most of them have a boyfriend/husband (or in the one son's case, a wife with two sons of his own). And They're living all over the place- In Toronto-3 people live in Toronto, The one classmate (the son) lives in Linsday, Another person lives in Bowmanville. And All of them have an "Other" even most of my (female) cousins do..
    It's difficult when all of your friends move on and you sorta feel like you are standing still....and you get a little jealous sometimes too.
    haswh wrote: »
    @WagonFruit I didn't see the cookie! :cookie: Who knows maybe Aubrie will be the one to win his heart. One never knows till we know Right? ;)
    You never know until you know! Cookies for all to get us through and a glass of milk to go with it! lol

DSC_0024.jpg

• Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Omgggg...O.O
    I waaantsss those cookiesssss :scream:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Omgggg...O.O
    I waaantsss those cookiesssss :scream:

giphy.gif
    Too late! :#
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Coooookkkiiiiiees

@WagonFruit - I hid this one for you....

cookie.gif

• Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Coooookkkiiiiiees

cookie.gif

Perfect Marvel disguise!!! I never even saw it with those glasses on!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    Coooookkkiiiiiees

cookie.gif

Perfect Marvel disguise!!! I never even saw it with those glasses on!

In the words of @WagonFruit - kekekekeke!
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    GASP :scream:
    /takes cookie and scrambles off before anyone can thief it
    Tyuuuu Audreyyyy :mrgreen:
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    GASP :scream:
    /takes cookie and scrambles off before anyone can thief it
    Tyuuuu Audreyyyy :mrgreen:

<3<3<3
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    All of these cookies are making me hungry.
  • Options
    VanPelt81 wrote: »
    All of these cookies are making me hungry.
    Awww.... :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:
  • Options
    Chapter 2.42 - Home Cole learns that Home truly is where the heart is.

Ben and Sofia pickup their son at the airport and take him home for a huge surprise.

08-14-18_10-21-43c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    LONESTAR2330LONESTAR2330 Posts: 630 Member
    @AudreyFld LOVED SEEING MICKEY AND NICKY!!! It's nice to see their faces so people won't forget them while I am on my little Hiatus. Great story. Wish you would have included Ryker and Dannie though, I miss Dannie.
  • Options
    LJFoxieLJFoxie Posts: 929 Member
    Yep, those crazy kids are in love...and tangled up in a myriad of strings! :kissing_smiling_eyes: Great to see everyone again, and of course Cole is missing Yasmine already which makes you wonder how he'll make it through the summer! :cry:
    pa5RIHV.jpg

• Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    @AudreyFld LOVED SEEING MICKEY AND NICKY!!! It's nice to see their faces so people won't forget them while I am on my little Hiatus. Great story. Wish you would have included Ryker and Dannie though, I miss Dannie.

I miss Mickey and Nicky. :( They are cute together.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    We love SS Icky! <3 Nobody, especially Cole, will forget Nicky, his first love. Glad to see them all getting along at least. Ryker and Dannie aren’t necessarily close friends of Cole’s family so.... but we will see them again at some point.
    LJFoxie wrote: »
    Yep, those crazy kids are in love...and tangled up in a myriad of strings! :kissing_smiling_eyes: Great to see everyone again, and of course Cole is missing Yasmine already which makes you wonder how he'll make it through the summer! :cry:
    If it isn’t love, it will soon be. Cole falls hard! <3 Yasmine, though may run fast....and when he gets back, how will she react?

Skcaga6 wrote: »

I miss Mickey and Nicky. :( They are cute together.

Another SS Icky shipper. Nicky has certainly blossomed from her relationship with Mickey. <3
  • Options
    Oh boy! Cole is in love even though he won't say it out loud. I believe that Yasmine is too but her past, I want to know what happened to her, is reeling her back every time she gets close to someone. She should have gone with Cole but that would be admitting her feelings. She keeps those deep down inside herself. That's sad and unhealthy for anyone. :(

Super nice to see so many people to greet Cole at his new home. Wait! What? They moved and didn't even tell him!??! :#:o Not the best choice for Sofia and Ben to make. :/ Something similar happened to me years ago and that popped right into my head when I read that! It made me mad then very sad all those years ago. :angry::'( Anyway it was wonderful to see Kaitlin and Leroy and everyone else too. Ami is so beautiful! <3 And I'm positive she will make some man drool then drop on his knees one day if she already hasn't! Nick and Mickey are still together and living in Newcrest. Yuck! I get that they love each other and all but I haven't gotten over my sunk ship just yet. I'm trying but :bawling:

In the end Cole thought of Yasmine like that was home. Home is where the heart is rings so true here! I have a feeling that Yasmine is going to go back to her old ways and just have fun with well everyone she comes across! And Cole's heart will get broken again. :heartbreak:

Wonderful chapter!! <3<3

• Options
    edited August 2018
    @haswh - I’m so sorry you had a bad experience with someone moving and not telling you. His parents certainly had their reasons, and we will find out a couple of other things that happenend that weren’t shared either. They were trying to protect their baby...but he isn’t a baby anymore and could likely have handled it just fine. Sorry for being cryptic.

I promise we will find out what is causing Yasmine to not want to form any real bonds with anyone. :heartbreak: And you are right, if she had gone with Cole she would have had to admit her feelings and she is not ready to that. Not by a long shot. :neutral: let’s just say, Cole has his work cut out for him if he wants to have a relationship with Yasmine. Which it appears he does. <3 He’s hopelessly in love with her.

Ami is pretty, but she is still young, just 14 now. Macy, her cousin, is 17 (Nick’s daughter and she is gorgeous!) Macy is the one sitting next to Aubrie on the loveseat. We haven’t seen her at all since she was a toddler when Ami was born, but I wanted to bring Nick and Racheal back and Macy is their daughter. She’s such a good mix of both parents. All of the dark haired girls makes it hard to tell who is who sometimes I’m sure. It’s easy for me, but probably not so much for everyone else. :/ And Kaitlin and Leroy.... <3<3<3 . They looked like they wanted to get some Tiramisu!

Ben and Sofia actually went for a couple of hours without pawing each other! I was proud of them. Now that Ami knows their secret, maybe they are a bit more subtle. :joy:
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @AudreyFld My situation was not about moving. Something else entirely. But it was a long time ago and stuff happens. As it turned out it was the best for my family at the time and worked out fine in the end. It was harder on my brother but he's great now! I would have helped out had I known.

Now I have to go back and figure out which one is Macy and which one is Aubrey.

Aubrey has brown hair and Macy has the black. Right? Macy is gorgeous! If I'm right.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    haswh wrote: »
    @AudreyFld My situation was not about moving. Something else entirely. But it was a long time ago and stuff happens. As it turned out it was the best for my family at the time and worked out fine in the end. It was harder on my brother but he's great now! I would have helped out had I known.

Now I have to go back and figure out which one is Macy and which one is Aubrey.

Macy has black hair and Aubrie has brown hair. They are sitting next to each other in one of the screen shots of just them. I thought you may have thought she was Ami.
  • Options
    @haswh. For you.....Macy Hamlin - Nick and Rachael’s 17 year old daughter on the left. Aubrie is on the right with the long wavy brown hair.

08-15-18_11-57-37c2a0pm.png
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Good family reunion chapter. Surprised that Duke was alive and that him being gone wasn't the surprise.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    @VanPelt81 wrote: »
    Good family reunion chapter. Surprised that Duke was alive and that him being gone wasn't the surprise.
    Nooo not Duke! :heartbreak: Although he is getting old...he is like 10. So getting up there. That would have been terrible. Talk about heart break. :heartbreak: Laney who?

Yes, it was a family reunion chapter with a couple of friends thrown in for good measure!