Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help me pick a wedding dress for my sim

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    And now, for the summary of results :blush:

The top 3 dresses that got the most votes are....

With 8 votes - B)
    Dress number 5!
    2939924.jpg
    voted by:
    @Otoyo
    @Treynutz
    @kittymeow
    @Pary
    @Flutegirl_132
    @IreneSwift
    @Symb10sis
    @Bishybri

With 10 votes - B)
    Dress 2!
    5877723.jpg
    Voted by:

@Joanne65
    @Otoyo
    @Pary
    @ilikethesims30
    @comicsforlife
    @IreneSwift
    @Symb10sis
    @cwaddell
    @abbybaka
    @lauravonaw@Otoyo

And with 14 votes......

B)B)B)
    Dress number 4!!!
    1175913.jpg
    @Purrdalecki
    @jordand
    @Joanne65
    @Cravenlestat
    @Otoyo
    @kittymeow
    @Pary
    @treckokid1
    @fmil
    @Symb10sis
    @cwaddell
    @Bishybri
    @Sunnyyesjams
    @jillbg

Thanks for everyone who participated!!!!

Dress #12 (6 votes)
    Dress #6 (5 votes)
    Dress #9 (4 votes)
    Dress #11 (3 votes)
    Dress #8 (3 votes)
    Dress #3 (3 votes)
    Dress #10 (2 votes)
    Dress # (1 vote)
    Dresses #7 and #13 (0 votes)

In the meantime, I will reveal that I decided to choose a dress, and it is not from Top 3.... :blush:

I will try to post later a sneak peek of testing it with the hair and make up.
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Avatarit, can’t wait for the sneak peek! Have your sims gotten married yet?
  • Options
    AshubiiAshubii Posts: 795 Member
    I totally forgot I even voted on this XD
  • Options
    jordand wrote: »
    @Avatarit, can’t wait for the sneak peek! Have your sims gotten married yet?

Not yet :grimace: i'm awful i know...
    (A little from the backstage - beside being swampd IRL, my save has some problems, that's a topic for another thread... so I'm thinking of moving all households to a new clean save before)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

:lol:

https://imgur.com/a/XrN9f

- The planned venue, from when Mary and Connor (=the happy couple) went there to check out the place, and probably discuss the music that will be in the event :smile:

- the dress I picked, with the hair, make up, accessories and all, tried out some poses as well. ---these pics I made for testing puposes only, they are not from the actual game. It was tested with one of the former versions of that sim (she looks a little skinnier and flatter now...) and in Riverview (wheares my current game is in SV).
    I'm not 100% sure about the specific hairstyle and bracelet but the rest is pretty set I think. :smile:
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    She looks lovely! Love the veil. I very much like the hairstyle, why are you in doubt?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    She looks lovely! Love the veil. I very much like the hairstyle, why are you in doubt?

Thank you! :smile:
    The haistyle- I feel like the flowers kind of "clash" with the veil (the veil is a seperate accsesory), so it is possible that I will look for a similar hairstyle but without the flowers.
  • Options
    That's in fact the only small 'issue' I had with it yeah. Hope you can find a similar one without the flowers. There are EA hairstyles modders deflowered, maybe this one as well...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    So I think this will be the final version :smile:
    changed the hair (this one is from Island Paradise)
    and the location (Sunset Valley)
    tried out the suggestion of @Mikezumi to add some color to the dress (added just a gentle touch), and I think i'll go with it.

5553494.jpg
    191264.jpg
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    She looks lovely! I have used that dress with just a hint of colour as well. It all depends on the personality of the sim involved. The veil is also a lovely touch.
  • Options
    Perfect!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    She looks lovely! I have used that dress with just a hint of colour as well. It all depends on the personality of the sim involved. The veil is also a lovely touch.
    Perfect!

Thanks! :blush:
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    That dress is just right for her. I love the delicate peach colored design. :smile:
  • Options
    jordandjordand Posts: 262 Member
    @Avatarit, she looks lovely! Hope your sims have a wonderful wedding!
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    1,4,9,10,11.... I'm VERY indecisive lol. I can't choose.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    She looks gorgeous ! I love that veil too, it really suits <3
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Thank you all :blush:
  • Options
    Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    Congratulations on making a wonderful/beautiful decision! I hope the wedding goes off without a hitch and no one gets cold feet. :)
  • Options
    For those who asked, yes, I married them :lol: and also had some fun with editing some of the pictures :smile:
    Uploaded the pics now to the wedding thread-
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/773667/wedding-photos-come-in-and-share-yours#latest
  • Options
    Lovely couple, the bride looks amazing! And beautiful pictures too <3
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Lovely couple, the bride looks amazing! And beautiful pictures too <3

Thanks!! :blush::heart:
  • Options
    Symb10sisSymb10sis Posts: 93 Member
    Beautiful pictures Avatarit! Thanks for sharing them! Any plans to add some little Sims to your household yet?
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Mary looked amazing on her big day. She had the glow that real brides get when they are happy :)

I must admit I would have gone for dress #5 and accessorised with long white gloves.

My own favourite dress, used for more weddings than I care to remember, is this. In fact it is a bridesmaid dress but I love the deco look. Although quite modest by today's standards, I would not have been allowed to wear anything like it when I got married.

at9XjMQ.png

Depending on the bride I tend to accessorise with jewelry. I don't think it works particularly well with a headdress and veil.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Symb10sis wrote: »
    Beautiful pictures Avatarit! Thanks for sharing them! Any plans to add some little Sims to your household yet?

Thank you!!! :blush::heart:

That is definitly the plan at some point but the thing is that I play super slow, so I don't really know when is it going to happen :smile: Also I play rotational, and I have some planning for other sims in town as well in the near future (birthdays, other weddings, traveling etc.).

Mary looked amazing on her big day. She had the glow that real brides get when they are happy :)

I must admit I would have gone for dress #5 and accessorised with long white gloves.

My own favourite dress, used for more weddings than I care to remember, is this. In fact it is a bridesmaid dress but I love the deco look. Although quite modest by today's standards, I would not have been allowed to wear anything like it when I got married.
    at9XjMQ.png

Depending on the bride I tend to accessorise with jewelry. I don't think it works particularly well with a headdress and veil.

Thank you very much! :heart: I guess her "Excitable" trait helped :smile:

I like this dress with the hairstyle, very classy!