Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No doghouses and not a real graveyard, why?

Comments

• Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I'm so disappointed that there are no doghouses! :(
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Katlyn2525Katlyn2525 Posts: 4,201 Member
    In some of the pictures you see things that look like possible beds on the floor.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017
    Katlyn2525 wrote: »
    In some of the pictures you see things that look like possible beds on the floor.

They have also been in TS2+TS3, along with doghouses
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options

Well, they haven't said no beds. I am going to wait to see build/buy and the gameplay first before I remark about that.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Sims 4 Doghouse Stuff coming February 2018. I can see it now.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Well, they haven't said no beds. I am going to wait to see build/buy and the gameplay first before I remark about that.

They have said dogs can sleep in the couch, the floor or their beds. Just no dog houses.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I asked about the doghouse and got no answer.
    Many others have asked about the doghouse and gotten no answer.
    I PMed a Guru and got no answer.
    Apparently, we are back to the dark days of no communication.

If they won't explain the obvious lack of doghouses, they could at least explain how pets breed without them.
    However, I won't be holding my breath.

Maybe they decided to let them use the GT bush. Which is worse in my opinion because that is real life. Or maybe these dogs and cats don't breed and you go to a science lab down at the vet's office and just pick a puppy and viola there your dog had a puppy. Maybe it's all done by just clicking on the animal and no animations involved (short cuts to going into a dog house) and you just decide how many they have and pick out their colors etc. Like mobile phone games.

Putting my high bets that pets will walk away of the lot and return with puppies/kittens. Or worse, like @DeservedCriticism made a joke, lack of animation will refrain them for the realism to happen: the puppies/kitten might just magically conjure from tin air or a blurr would appear between the dogs seen barely humping (and when that blurr is removed through a third-party means, a.k.a. mods... I rather not say the horrific happens during a woohoo in an invisible bed x_x)

They've already confirmed that there is breeding and pregnancy, and that you actually see their baby bump.

Holy cow guys, it's literally just a dog house and you guys are already speculating like crazy.

Grant has been with the Sims series ever since sims 2, and he's promised us it's his favorite version of pets. He's under no obligation to lie about his favorite pack on his PERSONAL twitter.
    We literally have only seen a minute of gameplay and are learning new stuff every day.

Can you guys wait until the actual gameplay trailer before you make your decision?

Because so far we've had things like this confirmed:

Cats will jump up on counters to try to be nosy when you're making food, if you're not careful they'll even steal your food.

Dogs will lean on counters and steal food when you're not looking.

Dogs will naturally like to follow your sim around the house just like in real life.

Cats kind of do their own thing.

Animals will come up to you and greet you after work.

There's so much more we're learning every day, and you guys are ready to start riots over a dog house.

I never saw the confirmation for no beds. Maybe the OP is wrong?

It was confirmed that most dogs can sleep on the bed with you depending on the size of the breed and the size of the bed.

That doesnt mean we wont get dog houses, it just means dogs can sleep with you. In TS3 it was the same
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    aws200 wrote: »

Cracking up :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ''I never saw the confirmation for no beds. Maybe the OP is wrong?'' @Orchid13
    I never talked about beds for dogs. I talked about dog's house, thank's to not say what I didn't say.

They didnt confirm that either
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options

If they won't explain the obvious lack of doghouses, they could at least explain how pets breed without them.

Maybe they decided to let them use the GT bush. Which is worse in my opinion because that is real life. Or maybe these dogs and cats don't breed and you go to a science lab down at the vet's office and just pick a puppy and viola there your dog had a puppy. Maybe it's all done by just clicking on the animal and no animations involved (short cuts to going into a dog house) and you just decide how many they have and pick out their colors etc. Like mobile phone games.

Putting my high bets that pets will walk away of the lot and return with puppies/kittens. Or worse, like @DeservedCriticism made a joke, lack of animation will refrain them for the realism to happen: the puppies/kitten might just magically conjure from tin air or a blurr would appear between the dogs seen barely humping (and when that blurr is removed through a third-party means, a.k.a. mods... I rather not say the horrific happens during a woohoo in an invisible bed x_x)

They've already confirmed that there is breeding and pregnancy, and that you actually see their baby bump.

Holy cow guys, it's literally just a dog house and you guys are already speculating like crazy.

Grant has been with the Sims series ever since sims 2, and he's promised us it's his favorite version of pets. He's under no obligation to lie about his favorite pack on his PERSONAL twitter.
    We literally have only seen a minute of gameplay and are learning new stuff every day.

Can you guys wait until the actual gameplay trailer before you make your decision?

Cats will jump up on counters to try to be nosy when you're making food, if you're not careful they'll even steal your food.

Dogs will naturally like to follow your sim around the house just like in real life.

There's so much more we're learning every day, and you guys are ready to start riots over a dog house.

It was confirmed that most dogs can sleep on the bed with you depending on the size of the breed and the size of the bed.

That doesnt mean we wont get dog houses, it just means dogs can sleep with you. In TS3 it was the same

Dogs can't sleep in human beds. Only cats.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    I never talked about beds for dogs. I talked about dog's house, thank's to not say what I didn't say.

But I didn't talk about this. So don't say that I'm wrong if I didn't talk about this.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    aws200 wrote: »

The Bunk Bed and Dog house Gamepack. :D
  • Options

But I didn't talk about this. So don't say that I'm wrong if I didn't talk about this.

the title says... no dog houses...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I hope they decide to patch the doghouses in. It doesn't seem like something that would be that difficult.
  • Options

They have said dogs can sleep in the couch, the floor or their beds. Just no dog houses.

Thanks. That is good to know.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I don't think a dog house would've been that hard to add either. Even if they just made the interior pitch black, and only showed the dog's head/upper body laying down in them, that would have sufficed, IMHO.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Thanks. That is good to know.

It's confirmed by Sim Guru JM on Twitter, on mobile so pasting link is a faff. It's also where he confirms no dogs on human beds.
    Edited as typed wrong word!
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2017
    I hope they decide to patch the doghouses in. It doesn't seem like something that would be that difficult.

Doubtful. Do they really add objects exclusive to an expansion/game/stuff pack in a patch? We still haven't gotten elevators animated patched in as we are promised to get at any time by a Guru (though that was like a year or two ago, depending whenever CL came out). Or actually: we did get ball soup pit fixed, so I'd better expect it be a done-or-miss outcome.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

the title says... no dog houses...

''No dog's house'' not ''No beds for dogs''. *sigh*
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member

What, really? Wow. Just wow, lol. I understand it's because cats are smaller but we'll have small dog breeds in the pack too, some of them probably even smaller than cats, so no excuses for them this time. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Doubtful. Do they really add objects exclusive to an expansion/game/stuff pack in a patch? We still haven't gotten elevators animated patched in as we are promised to get at any time by a Guru (though that was like a year or two ago, depending whenever CL came out). Or actually: we did get ball soup pit fixed, so I'd better expect it be a done-or-miss outcome.

Sometimes. Toddlers were added this way. Pools were added this way. Ghosts were added this way. I don't think a doghouse would be as costly. They already have the molds from previous doghouses and the animations. Or they could combine it with the sleep in pet bed animation. They obviously see people are disappointed about it being left out. It truly doesn't make a lot of sense. Hopefully, it was just forgotten.
    Post edited by Katlyn2525 on
  • Options

I am never going to get over how weird this is, and how it's such a blatant sign this pack is half-finished. It kind of amazes me they're even willing to push it out the door in this state, cause that little tidbit just screams "we're not ready to release this."

I completely agree. Basic feature from previous games -gone. They say there isn't enough space.