Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Traits for Cats & Dogs?

I remember reading somewhere that pets have hidden traits. Like some dogs will always want to watch the tv and etc. I can't find it anywhere but it was basically saying that you can't create the same pet twice because they all have hidden traits. It got me so excited it would be fun to try to figure out a pet's hidden trait.

I don't see any other threads on this so now I'm thinking that I'm crazy or something. Did anyone see this anywhere or was it just me?
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    edited October 2017
    hatsy mentioned it in her youtube video on CAP. The way she explained it is dogs and cats have a chance at random hidden traits that help make them unique so no two "affectionate/vocal/loyal" (for instance) dogs of the same breed would be the exact same. She said she wasn't exactly sure how it worked though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaKB2HRyFdQ&t=449s\

at around 4:30 ish

some examples she brought up that stood out were chasing their tails and watching tv
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    hatsy mentioned it in her youtube video on CAP. The way she explained it is dogs and cats have a chance at random hidden traits that help make them unique so no two "affectionate/vocal/loyal" (for instance) dogs of the same breed would be the exact same. She said she wasn't exactly sure how it worked though.

Okay, I am glad it is actually a thing.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Very happy to hear this! Whatever adds more uniqueness I am in favor of! Why can't they do the same with Sims????
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The agility course might be a hidden skill for dogs.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    This is so awesome, excited to find out more about it. I do remember reading something where they said some dogs might hate the TV while some might love having it on and I was confused when the list of traits came out and there was nothing connected to the TV on there. Hidden traits sounds cool and like it would add some unpredictability to the game.
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Very happy to hear this! Whatever adds more uniqueness I am in favor of! Why can't they do the same with Sims????

Makes more sense with cats and dogs because we have no control over there. I don't think I'd want my played sims doing random things based on some hidden trait.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

yes, i hope they do add this with sims. It seems like pets are going to be more unique than even sims lol
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Makes more sense with cats and dogs because we have no control over there. I don't think I'd want my played sims doing random things based on some hidden trait.

Ohhh yeah I get what you mean! I just wish the sims would have more unique traits. I think they need to add more aspiration rewards traits to the game. Is it just me or have they not added any new reward traits since base game?
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I love this!
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Ohhh yeah I get what you mean! I just wish the sims would have more unique traits. I think they need to add more aspiration rewards traits to the game. Is it just me or have they not added any new reward traits since base game?

They added Stoves and Grills Master/Great Storyteller with OR, I believe.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    edited October 2017

I know it's not much, but I believe sims have the hidden trait or left or right handedness... I've seen so many legitimate sites and places say this, never noticed a left handed sim in my game though. But that might be a thing :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Hidden traits sound interesting. I hope there's more information on that soon.

• Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaKB2HRyFdQ&t=449s\

at around 4:30 ish

some examples she brought up that stood out were chasing their tails and watching tv

I didn't know about this! That sounds really cool and I'm glad they did that to make the pets even more unique and detailed. I genuinely feel like so much effort has gone into this and that it's going to be a fantastic expansion :)
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    samemie wrote: »

I know it's not much, but I believe sims have the hidden trait or left or right handedness... I've seen so many legitimate sites and places say this, never noticed a left handed sim in my game though. But that might be a thing :)

This is definitely a thing, I use the sim info mod and I can use it to see hidden traits so I can check which sims are left or right handed.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

This is definitely a thing, I use the sim info mod and I can use it to see hidden traits so I can check which sims are left or right handed.

@samlyt22 Thanks for that, I downloaded that mod and turns out I do have left handed sims, I just haven't been paying attention enough :D
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    samlyt22 wrote: »

Isn't there also a hidden preference for whether they are politically to the left or to the right?