Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Plans For University Pack And Lots Of Upcoming Packs

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    edited October 2017
    Meh...I have completely lost interest in TS4 now. Uni is an essential pack for me. Of course there will be a lot of upcoming stuff packs. What they don't seem to understand is that some of us value gameplay and don't really care for more "stuff".
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Transparency is a beautiful thing
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Pretty sure we'll see Uni at some point. Heck, I'm fairly certain that we'll see some of the most coveted packs from previous iterations.. Like for example the upcoming C&D pack, which mirrors Pets, and I'm sure after that it's probably Seasons.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Seasons and Farming are next anyway
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    University will probably be a future GP. It was very well received, thus probably very profitable. It isn't the #1 need RN for The Sims 4 and they are probably prioritizing and working on other things currently. But I expect a Uni GP in the future, just maybe not this year.

I can see University working well as a (Large) GP a bit like outdoor retreat with a new world a few cloth and a new gameplay it could work really well we will possibly see it next year.

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Seasons and Farming are next anyway

Says who?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    So if they are not planning it now then it won't be one of the next two eps?

I'm pretty sure seasons is next but what could be after seasons other that uni?

Hopefully, you'll get an idea when modders look at the pet EP code and find some hidden stuff for the next GP or EP.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I never took a single sim through university because of the isolation and consumption of time. As a rotational player, one game week is as much as I can stand in one household, and you could do any of the careers without a degree. I got it in a bundle and it was a useless pack to me.

Hmm... I had not considered how it would work with rotational play. I seldom last more than 3 days in one household before jumping over to another one. Don't know how that would work with university-play.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I never took a single sim through university because of the isolation and consumption of time. As a rotational player, one game week is as much as I can stand in one household, and you could do any of the careers without a degree. I got it in a bundle and it was a useless pack to me.

Hmm... I had not considered how it would work with rotational play. I seldom last more than 3 days in one household before jumping over to another one. Don't know how that would work with university-play.

In TS2 I used to play rotationally with University by playing 5 households (3 sim days per household) and then playing University for 3 sim days, then playing another 5 households, then another 3 days at Uni, and so on.

I am hoping that I can play in a similar fashion if there is a Uni pack for Sims 4 (crossing fingers). The only difference now is I play for 7 days per household, 3 feels too short for me in this game. :)
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    In TS2, I would play rotationally by playing however many neighborhood households I had at the same time for three days each and then playing my university households for a semester each (which is a week, I believe). Before the beginning of each semester I would also round up all the teens in the neighborhood and create a new university household with them (which means they were never teens for a long time but I didn't mind, I found university more interesting!).

Since I didn't play TS3 rotationally (I hated not being able to control everybody all the time with story progression on - which I loved! - so I focussed on only one household), I would just send the young adults from that household to university one by one. Of course it took a really long time to earn their degrees so sometimes I would send a few siblings at once. It also bothered me that time would just stand still in their home world. Then again, I was really glad it did because I wanted to control the main household. So that wasn't the best solution for my way of playing.

For a TS4 version of university, I'd definitely want a campus world to live in. I'm not sure whether I want time to pass for everybody in the game though. It depends on how long it's going to take to get a degree. A week or two in game would seem rather short but if it took any longer than that, students wouldn't be young adults any more by the time they've graduated. So maybe something similar to TS3 would be a good idea, for the sake of game play, even though it's very unrealistic. Ugh, I don't know.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    edited October 2017
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    It looks like they don't have plans for Uni EP for now, or they're not saying because they can't. Also, It looks like The Sims 4 is far from over. :)

They said the same thing last year about console and look how that turned out. Uni will probably come after Seasons *crosses fingers*
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    It looks like they don't have plans for Uni EP for now, or they're not saying because they can't. Also, It looks like The Sims 4 is far from over. :)

They said the same thing last year about console and look how that turned out. Uni will probably come after Seasons *crosses fingers*

Hmmm interesting... So it's possibly it's coming after seasons. I mean it would make sense but maybe they will have an ep new to the series like farming (I think that will be new) or something else and then uni.

Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    haydub07haydub07 Posts: 84 Member
    Where is farming coming from? I think I missed something lol
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Probably rules it out for the next Gamepack as well.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »

You have a point. :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    xDeeDeeRamoneXxDeeDeeRamoneX Posts: 35 Member
    I'd love a UNI EP but would like it to also make it possible to control kids and teens in school. My kid in my current playthrough is getting bullied for being a grade A student and I'd like the ability for her to get some proper payback xD
    tumblr_o0i3p4GEGP1tjydheo1_500.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    haydub07 wrote: »
    Where is farming coming from? I think I missed something lol

It's still wishful thinking at this point, but it's a theme that is suggested quite often I think (though I may be biased ;)).
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Their response means nothing. That’s a question that was never going to get an answer regardless of what they are planning. Let’s assume for a second that University is the next planned EP. Then by saying “yes” she would have confirmed the next EP like a year before it’s release....before Cats & Dogs is even out. Obviously they wouldn’t reveal information like that this far in advance. Now, let’s assume University is planned to be the next EP after whatever EP is coming out next year. Then they’d be confirming an EP even further in advance. Not going to happen. So this is a question that was never going to get a confirmation answer even if they are planning it. As a result, I would read absolutely nothing into her answer as that’s probably the standard answer they give to these types of questions because they can’t reveal pack releases like this.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Maybe they don't plan on an individual university pack. Maybe they'll do an entire Back to School EP that will not only include University but also perhaps a daycare and schools for child and teen sims... Just Maybe
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    Hopefully a farming game pack is next after (sigh) Seasons. Something original would be amazing.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif