Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Seasons hint in Create A Pet

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Just because you see a thing that eventually becomes a pack, doesn't mean that thing was a hint. There are some givens in this game like pets, seasons, etc. So just because you see a rain drop and next year we get seasons, it does not mean it was a purposely placed hint.

You can look at the new grass texture and say its a hint for a LAWN CARE pack. If we get a LAWN CARE pack at some point, does that mean the new grass texture was a hint? If we don't get that pack, does that mean it wasn't a hint or that they couldn't get riding lawn mowers to work properly so they shelved that pack?

If you want, you can call anything a hint and if it happens to be something that symbolizes a future pack, then you got lucky.

In the game, there is a free standing baseball bat the leans against a wall. Was that a hint that vampires would be released in a separate pack from other supes? Or is it just a free standing baseball bat?

Sigmund Freud would nuts in here with his theory "Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If that's true, then that pretty much shuts down this whole discussion.
    > Haids5987 wrote: »
    >
    > AHolyToilet wrote: »
    >
    > They're just symbols for pets. There's already been data found that hints at Seasons and since it went the same way with Pets and Vampires, it's not too unreasonable to assume Seasons are the next EP.
    >
    > I think you're reaching.
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know, I don't consider that a reach. I can think back on all the previous Sims games and see in retrospect that they dropped tiny little hints about upcoming EPs within the game. I think the OP might be onto something...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How? The Sims is a game very loosely based in reality. It's more or less a real life simulator. Whether or not it was intentional, there's going to be things that look like they're going to be in a pack due to previous iterations, but that doesn't mean it's a hint. If a child Sim gets a shirt with robots on it, that doesn't mean we could be getting a pack about robots. It could be added simply because you expect RL kids to like robots.
    >
    > If you took real life as a whole and then took away aspects for it, say weather, there's still going to be things that are like weather. Like turning a hose on a spray nozzle and aiming it up at the air.
    >
    > We see cars all around the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean we could be getting them. I would take seeing a DLC related to vehicles on a survey and a Guru asking us for ideas on vehicle gameplay than the in-game models themselves as a clue. They're obviously there to add to the enviroment, not be a hint to something.
    >
    > If we took everything we see in the game as a hint to something, it only raises expectations and could end up with more disappointed people.
    >
    > Take City Living. It was released November 1st of 2016 while Newcrest was released June 11th of 2015. At the moment, now it could seem that Newcrest was a reference to City Living with the high-rises in the background, but before City Living came out, I doubt you could honestly say then that it really was a hint.
    >
    > For this case, I agree with @MissCherie, it strikes me as designs they'd give to Simmers that want to do a recreation of cartoon animals. For example, take Disney's Bolt.
    >
    > And just in case there's room for misinterpretation I'm not against speculating for Seasons. I'm not against speculation as a whole, actually. I want the EP as well. In the Sims 3, I had Seasons on full blast, all settings turned up high, all weathers activated. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just think it's a bit puerile to look at CAS items, kids toys, decorations, etc as clues.
    >
    > Edited for spellcheck.

I agree with you that there are some everyday things that are bound to be in the game that might not actually be and probably aren't hints (for example robots on kids' t-shirts, as you suggested, or fire trucks as toys). But then there are those random things (like the joke about crossing pets with seasons) that seem to be included quite deliberately. They might not have been, who knows, and I'm aware that the gurus have said that they don't hint, but they are certainly aware that there are some packs that are so popular that putting a joke like that in the game will cause speculation. So - it might not be a hint but it's definitely something, even if it's just a strategy to keep us interested in what's next.

Like I said, though, I agree with you that there are things in the game that are so common in real life that seeing them as hints is a bit of a stretch. And while you say you're not against speculating as a whole, I think it's difficult to draw a line between the reasonable and the ridiculous. It's the Sims, even the ridiculous is reasonable!

I do understand your point about disappointment, though - not from personal experience but I imagine if you don't take these threads with a grain of salt (or actually a boulder of salt), there's bound to be some disappointment. But just enjoying the excitement of the community for the possibility of a much-requested addition to the game can really enhance your enjoyment of the game! I know I'm super excited for the tiny possibility that there might be rain in the pre-EP update. I know it's very unlikely so I won't be disappointed if it turns out not to be true but just the thought of it makes me smile.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    > @AHolyToilet said:
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    >
    > I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If that's true, then that pretty much shuts down this whole discussion.
    > Haids5987 wrote: »
    >
    > AHolyToilet wrote: »
    >
    > They're just symbols for pets. There's already been data found that hints at Seasons and since it went the same way with Pets and Vampires, it's not too unreasonable to assume Seasons are the next EP.
    >
    > I think you're reaching.
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't know, I don't consider that a reach. I can think back on all the previous Sims games and see in retrospect that they dropped tiny little hints about upcoming EPs within the game. I think the OP might be onto something...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How? The Sims is a game very loosely based in reality. It's more or less a real life simulator. Whether or not it was intentional, there's going to be things that look like they're going to be in a pack due to previous iterations, but that doesn't mean it's a hint. If a child Sim gets a shirt with robots on it, that doesn't mean we could be getting a pack about robots. It could be added simply because you expect RL kids to like robots.
    >
    > If you took real life as a whole and then took away aspects for it, say weather, there's still going to be things that are like weather. Like turning a hose on a spray nozzle and aiming it up at the air.
    >
    > We see cars all around the game, but that doesn't necessarily mean we could be getting them. I would take seeing a DLC related to vehicles on a survey and a Guru asking us for ideas on vehicle gameplay than the in-game models themselves as a clue. They're obviously there to add to the enviroment, not be a hint to something.
    >
    > If we took everything we see in the game as a hint to something, it only raises expectations and could end up with more disappointed people.
    >
    > Take City Living. It was released November 1st of 2016 while Newcrest was released June 11th of 2015. At the moment, now it could seem that Newcrest was a reference to City Living with the high-rises in the background, but before City Living came out, I doubt you could honestly say then that it really was a hint.
    >
    > For this case, I agree with @MissCherie, it strikes me as designs they'd give to Simmers that want to do a recreation of cartoon animals. For example, take Disney's Bolt.
    >
    > And just in case there's room for misinterpretation I'm not against speculating for Seasons. I'm not against speculation as a whole, actually. I want the EP as well. In the Sims 3, I had Seasons on full blast, all settings turned up high, all weathers activated. I'm not trying to be rude, but I just think it's a bit puerile to look at CAS items, kids toys, decorations, etc as clues.
    >
    > Edited for spellcheck.

I agree with you that there are some everyday things that are bound to be in the game that might not actually be and probably aren't hints (for example robots on kids' t-shirts, as you suggested, or fire trucks as toys). But then there are those random things (like the joke about crossing pets with seasons) that seem to be included quite deliberately. They might not have been, who knows, and I'm aware that the gurus have said that they don't hint, but they are certainly aware that there are some packs that are so popular that putting a joke like that in the game will cause speculation. So - it might not be a hint but it's definitely something, even if it's just a strategy to keep us interested in what's next.

Like I said, though, I agree with you that there are things in the game that are so common in real life that seeing them as hints is a bit of a stretch. And while you say you're not against speculating as a whole, I think it's difficult to draw a line between the reasonable and the ridiculous. It's the Sims, even the ridiculous is reasonable!

I do understand your point about disappointment, though - not from personal experience but I imagine if you don't take these threads with a grain of salt (or actually a boulder of salt), there's bound to be some disappointment. But just enjoying the excitement of the community for the possibility of a much-requested addition to the game can really enhance your enjoyment of the game! I know I'm super excited for the tiny possibility that there might be rain in the pre-EP update. I know it's very unlikely so I won't be disappointed if it turns out not to be true but just the thought of it makes me smile.

"It's the Sims, even the ridiculous is reasonable!"

You ain't lying, my friend, that's true. I absolutely do understand that people like to speculate. Really, it's just this "hint", to me, doesn't hold up as a deliberate clue to Seasons.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.

No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.

They've been saying that for over a decade now LOL They always have, unofficially, officially "not" given hints, for 3 generations of Sims games. However, early on in the Sims 2, the next EP was announced on EP release day (or SP day). Back then tho, content was more limited!

• Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think symbols do mean something we may not get everything they represent but may be some things remember the dog barking in SIm4 and now we are getting pets.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think despite the fact the gurus say they dont hint they do. There are a few object descriptions, there was even a dress from the last ep city living that has cats and dogs on. There are so many i cant remember all of them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maybe they are hinting, maybe they aren't. If you try hard enough, you can make a hint out of anything.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Maybe they are hinting, maybe they aren't. If you try hard enough, you can make a hint out of anything.

It fun to speculate either way :smiley:
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited October 2017

It fun to speculate either way :smiley:

And we are getting Seasons anyway, they know how much the community wants Seasons. :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    If it was a clear seasons pack hint, wouldn't they put in a snowflake and a sun along with rain and leaves? Incomplete if you leave out winter and summer. No, I don't think it's a hint.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Lillian4444Lillian4444 Posts: 41 Member
    I don't know if they are hints, but I do hope they'll drop Seasons in the near future.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I wouldn't call it a hint. I believe it isn't a matter of whether or not we get seasons, but when. Also, there are wheather icons (like in thought bubbles) since the base game, I guess, so why not use them for paint patterns. They're simple and pretty symbols.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2017
    I don't understand the animosity towards calling this a hint. No, not everything is a hint. But some things are. This is not the first time, nor will it be the last, that they have hinted at future GPs and EPs. And unless you are omniscient or work for EA, no one here can say they already knew Seasons would be the next EP. That was never a guarantee. It's maybe a good guess, but it wasn't (and isn't) by any means confirmed. The inclusion of these decals, not to mention a few other clues in the game, reveal that Seasons has a good possibility of being next.

No, some things aren't a hint. They have stated several times that they don't hint.

They have denied things are hints before but they turned out to just be stringing people along. And in the recent interview with Simguru Drake she admitted that nothing they do is subtle because the community picks up on the hints right away. They do hint. They have to deny they are hints because they can't reveal any info before the appointed time. Do we expect them to actually say "yep you guys, that's a hint about pets!" Obviously they can't say that. That's why they said silly things like how the toddler render didn't mean toddlers were coming. If you really believe them every time they deny a hint... okay then. Nothing I say will convince you.

They haven't put one hint into TS4 have they? Yes, they dropped eggs into the older games, but stated many times they don't put hints into TS4. There were hints in TS2 about TS3, and TS3 about TS4 (the plumbbob statues etc.) but just because a guru post a picture of the UI to talk about a particular thing and that picture also shows (by mistake) something new coming to the game doesn't mean it's a hint in a game. It just means they overlooked their UI had something they shouldn't have been leaking....as in mistake, like oops. But I will add it's weird to think people would put a thunder cloud decal on pet fur. Sometimes, I wonder about gurus. Or put drops of water all over dog in a game. I don't get their weird sense of humor. These decals are just weird.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.