Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Haunted Lot Trait Not Scarey Enough!

SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
edited October 2017 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Could you amp up the scariness of this trait? Friendly ghosts who want to chit chat aren't doing it for me. I only have Mimsy and Bernhard in my game, but they're just so polite when they turn up to my lots with the Haunted trait.

Add some spooky sound effects?
  • Chains rattling
  • mwahaaahaa deep laughter
  • screams
  • giggles
  • soft voices whispering in Simlish
  • random foot steps

There's a great sound effect that's used in the Maze at night (in Windenburg) - that could be cool to have on the haunted lots.

Special Effects:
  • Make objects move without seeing the ghost
  • When the ghost does appear, make it quick and sudden with a BOO! that will make me and the sim jump!
  • Have some fog appear somewhere, then vanish again.
  • Have some dark mist waft over the floor or ceiling
  • Give sims a Very Tense Buff :"Thought I felt something..."
  • Thud! with a Buff: "Thought I heard something ..." with the panic animation.
  • Lights flickering on and off
  • Doors screeching slowly open and slamming suddenly

Maybe this lot trait could be intensified and patched in if/when we get a Cemetery Venue type, or included in a Supernatural Ep?

Silent Kitty suggested a Spooky Trait in addition to the haunted trait. So instead of a lot that attracts ghosts, it provides the spooky ambiance with the above. It would make a great BASE GAME trait for people who want to make spooky museums, nightclubs or bars, or for those who want a spooky atmosphere for their Spooky stuff pack content, their Vampire Hang outs etc.
Post edited by Simalleyaile on

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Nice ideas. I like the 'Thought I felt something..' buff. Maybe also a 'thought I heard something...' buff too. With panicked looking around for both.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    Nice ideas. I like the 'Thought I felt something..' buff. Maybe also a 'thought I heard something...' buff too. With panicked looking around for both.

I like it! Will add to list.
    Baenre wrote: »
    I would love for that to happen. The ghosts come and clean my Sims homes. Oh the horror of waking up to a clean kitchen....

That's hilarious! My sim just sleeps right through her ghostly visits. Or the ghost stays out in the hall (she lives in an apartment)and texts on her phone. Sometimes she possesses the toilet and breaks it.

This may have made a fun patch for halloween too, if I'd asked earlier.

If anyone else has ideas, I'll add them too, see if we can get a bit more BOO! for our haunts.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    You know, this isn't a bad idea at all. If they don't do this, someone should try it as a mod. I only wish I could.
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »

I like it! Will add to list.
    Baenre wrote: »
    I would love for that to happen. The ghosts come and clean my Sims homes. Oh the horror of waking up to a clean kitchen....

That's hilarious! My sim just sleeps right through her ghostly visits. Or the ghost stays out in the hall (she lives in an apartment)and texts on her phone. Sometimes she possesses the toilet and breaks it.

This may have made a fun patch for halloween too, if I'd asked earlier.

If anyone else has ideas, I'll add them too, see if we can get a bit more BOO! for our haunts.

So cell service is pretty good for the dead! That's good to know.
  • Options
    @joRN1414 - yeah, but it's odd, cause the ghosts have and use their phones, but we can't call them! Wah?
  • Options
    @joRN1414 - yeah, but it's odd, cause the ghosts have and use their phones, but we can't call them! Wah?

We can invite them to parties!! So there is some sort of portal there. LOL.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    We can? Cool bananas! I always thought a seance would be a good idea. Get in touch with any ghost, have them appear to haunt us...
  • Options
    We can? Cool bananas! I always thought a seance would be a good idea. Get in touch with any ghost, have them appear to haunt us...

Yes, I've been able to invite them to the bar too.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Halloween's standing in the door right now, so maybe we'll get something like that in the October patch? Hopefully, please!

Which SimGuru would we need to tag to bring this to someone's attention?
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited October 2017
    Lamps turning off and on, doors screatching and slamming, random food steps, ghost scaring sims (new death: fright?)

Still, none of that would happen. Feedback section is basically a graveyard or a locked room for ideas that people share with abyss of shadows, swallowed and empty, unheard...
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I wish ghosts would be scarier and could scare a sim to death like in sims 2. Since sims 3 ghosts just became boring and meaningless (I did however like that they were playable and can have babies in sims 3). Imagine playable ghosts that can scare sims to death.....all the mayhem we could cause! >:)
  • Options
    Halloween's standing in the door right now, so maybe we'll get something like that in the October patch? Hopefully, please!

Which SimGuru would we need to tag to bring this to someone's attention?

Which Guru? I'm really not sure. How 'bout we try our luck with these ones: @SimGuruDrake, @SimGuruNinja, @SimGuruLyndsay - more Boo! in our Haunted Lots would be awesome please!
    Lamps turning off and on, doors screatching and slamming, random food steps, ghost scaring sims (new death: fright?)

Still, none of that would happen. Feedback section is basically a graveyard or a locked room for ideas that people share with abyss of shadows, swallowed and empty, unheard...

Aw, you sound a little despondent (very poetic though). I know sometimes it can feel like the forum is abandoned by the gurus, and we don't get any guarantees that our feedback is even read let alone put into the game, but there's one thing for sure: If we keep our thoughts to ourselves, our chances go from minimal to zilch! So keep on throwing your ideas and suggestions at them - some of them might get read, and some of them might even get used!

I like your ideas a lot! Will add them to op. Thanks for sharing them. :)
    I wish ghosts would be scarier and could scare a sim to death like in sims 2. Since sims 3 ghosts just became boring and meaningless (I did however like that they were playable and can have babies in sims 3). Imagine playable ghosts that can scare sims to death.....all the mayhem we could cause! >:)

I wonder if they plan on expanding Ghosts in any way? I think chances are good if they work on an EP - Witches being the primary focus, with zombies, werewolves as the side kicks and ghosts getting an enhancement. I've read lots of creative ideas about an Underworld for the dead etc, and with Sims 4 secret lots it could fit really well.
  • Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Haven't bumped into a great idea and BAM! This is a great one, must bump this thread! I also think that the haunted trait is toned down way too much; I sometimes create a few evil ghosts just wishing they'll roll the dice this time.

Straying a little bit off, I wish this would be added on halloween alongside with graveyards and better death-system.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    edited October 2017
    These ideas are so incredibly awesome, and I'd love to have this in game!

I also need to reiterate that these things unfortunately won't have the desired effect unless we get a Fear emotion and have Sims actually react and display that they are afraid of something.

Please devs. Give our Sims the ability to fear things.

*Drops to knees like a Sim at a grave in the Day of the Dead Challenge, to appeal the ancestral devs for the Sugar Skull of Fear*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member
    Do you think these things would be added with the potential Death pack I heard about? Or was that a pack that lost the vote to Eco (now Laundry)? These wonderful suggestions would have been perfect for it.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    @Baenre That was one of the pack alternatives to Eco-Living (Laundry Day), yes. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to those ideas though. That would be greatly appreciated, especially the death pack.
    And I agree, a Haunted lot trait would've been perfect for that.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    There is nothing spooky about the Haunted lot trait. When I first heard of it and the quake zone one I was very excited and quickly disappointed when I saw them in action. What is the point??! I swear all it does is sometimes have one ghost appear which isn't haunting at all! Let's have fog and eerie feeling and everything you described! I wonder why the gurus made it so underwhelming? Lot traits should be extreme so you can make themed lots that ACTUALLY feel different from lots without them. There are too many timid lot traits and it saddens me cause I was very excited about this feature!!!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    It would be nice to have the haunted-trait making things a little bit more scary ingame but like you said. It will take a lot of fog and scary music to make it more gruesome because the ghosts themselves can be absolute sweethearts.

The trait works, you do get ghosts coming by, I just don't know if they will be scary in any way, shape or form and that is the original problem with the trait. Have no idea if it is something they will look at. If ghosts got upgraded with scary abilities and used them on their own, would that be a problem for players who prefer to play in a realistic way?

My guess is that they will not upgrade the ghosts since you cannot opt out of having them but personally I would be very happy with a fear-emotion and a bit more scary behavior.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I just realized something, I would very much like a lot-trait with all the scary stuff but how about not having it tied to a supernatural? How about just keeping it as a lot-trait with a spooky mood?

This way we can use the spooky feelings and music and fog for vampires or hopefully future werewolves without adding ghosts to the mix. Keep everything in that lot-trait except the ghosts. It could be an ambiance-trait of a deviant nature.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I just realized something, I would very much like a lot-trait with all the scary stuff but how about not having it tied to a supernatural? How about just keeping it as a lot-trait with a spooky mood?

This way we can use the spooky feelings and music and fog for vampires or hopefully future werewolves without adding ghosts to the mix. Keep everything in that lot-trait except the ghosts. It could be an ambiance-trait of a deviant nature.

YES!!!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @Baenre That was one of the pack alternatives to Eco-Living (Laundry Day), yes. I wouldn't be surprised if they went back to those ideas though. That would be greatly appreciated, especially the death pack.
    And I agree, a Haunted lot trait would've been perfect for that.

Oh wow...I was off the forums during the time of the voting, I came in after the Eco was selected and then I participated in the content votes. But I would have probably voted for the Death pack had I known it was going on.

That would be good! I can see a lot of uses for it. I really have my fingers crossed for some really good Boo-Action for lots.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It's a pity the Haunted Lot trait isn't a Base Game one, we'd probably have more chance of getting something patched in for Halloween that way.

I remember Graham saying something along the lines, once there's enough content that could fit, they'd consider a Fear emotion.

I think fear could be used in non-supernatural ways too.
    Kids with fear of thunder and lightning - rush in to their parent's room
    Phobias - fear of those rats in CL, fear of those spiders that came in Vampires, fear of , well, Vampires and other supes.

Awesome idea! Instead of haunted, just a Spooky trait. Sound and image effects without the ghost. And then if we want the ghosts, we could add that trait as well. Maybe that could be a Base game trait.

This is one of my lots with the Haunted Trait. I built it specifically with the haunted trait in mind. It's a Nightclub with Karaoke and bowling.
    And a friendly, talkative ghost.
    ZrMc1Xj.jpg
    EH5Nyb8.jpg

If a Spooky Trait with sound and image effects were patched in, I'd replace one of the other traits with that.

I added your suggestion to the op.
  • Options
    @Simalleyaile Love the build! Great pictures! :)

They really need to get more personalized traits into this game. Bringing in fear traits for the Sims would also enhance the effects of the lot traits on them. I wonder what they're going to do for Halloween this year. *hopes they check this thread*

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Thanks @Baenre

Probably too late for these things to be added this year for Halloween, but next year could be hopeful! A new Spooky Trait like @SilentKitty suggested for the Base Game. Is that too long to wait? :s:D

With traits being so easily and quickly changeable, we could use the Spooky trait just for Halloween Parties, or just a particular time of year once we get Seasons.

I know it's been said before, but just for emphasis: Graveyards! If we could build our own functioning graveyards, I'd definitely use a spooky lot trait for graveyards, and I'd send my sims there on dates, and teens on group outings.