Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Phantasmal Fantasy Reading Circle (Looking for members)

Comments

• Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
  • Options
    StoriedStormStoriedStorm Posts: 3,004 Member
    @pronterus @chalicen @simscognito Okay then. We will start up story of the week this coming Monday the 22nd. :)
  • Options
    IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Hello there! I wasn't quite sure whether I should ask this here or if people usually send PMs regarding joining, but I figured it shouldn't be an issue if I chose the wrong option. So, anyway, I'm pretty my story meets the criteria for this group (being about vampires and all that). It's not very long yet, but I'm committed to updating it regularly. I also really like the sound of the stories in this circle (I started reading The Family Black earlier) and would be sure to do my best to get caught up and keep up with them! I also understand if you'd rather have people in your circle with longer stories to offer, so don't feel bad if you decide to keep the spots open for someone like that. :)
  • Options
    Hello there! I wasn't quite sure whether I should ask this here or if people usually send PMs regarding joining, but I figured it shouldn't be an issue if I chose the wrong option. So, anyway, I'm pretty my story meets the criteria for this group (being about vampires and all that). It's not very long yet, but I'm committed to updating it regularly. I also really like the sound of the stories in this circle (I started reading The Family Black earlier) and would be sure to do my best to get caught up and keep up with them! I also understand if you'd rather have people in your circle with longer stories to offer, so don't feel bad if you decide to keep the spots open for someone like that. :)

@IchigoUsagi New stories are perfectly fine. We all have to start somewhere :) Just message me the info for your story (title, genre, a link to the story, content warning if needed, and a small write up about what your story is about) and I will get you set up. If you need an example just look at the top post and if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

• Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member

@IchigoUsagi Yayy! So excited for you to join! :smiley: Don't worry about only having a couple of chapters up. When I joined, I only had three chapters. :)
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Hi there. =^.^= I follow pretty much all the stories here, but I don't currently have one of my own. I'd like to join if I could. I will think up a story soon to share.
  • Options
    Hi there. =^.^= I follow pretty much all the stories here, but I don't currently have one of my own. I'd like to join if I could. I will think up a story soon to share.

@Grimm_PANdemic You will need to have a story going in order to join. Though alternatively just to be clear you are always welcome to join in discussions without needing to be an official member so don't feel like you need to have a story in order to participate.

If you do still want to start up your own story then once you do Just message me the details (title, genre, a link to the story, content warning if needed, and a small write up about what your story is about) and then you are welcome to join as a writer provided we aren't full at that point.
  • Options
    TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    @AuroraLockwood Sure. Sounds good. :)
  • Options
    @pronterus @simscognito @chalicen

And just like that, more vampires. I'm starting to feel like our reading circle is cornering the market on undead with fangs :tongue:

A warm welcome to our newest member of the Phantasmal Fantasy reading circle @IchigoUsagi :smiley: As always you can find her story in the top post.
  • Options
    I’ve gotten all caught up with Friends of Foes! I’m really enjoying it so far! I think my favorite at this point is probably Paris, although Henry is a great character too. In the beginning it was a bit hard for me to follow (with all the new characters and names and all that) but now that I've gotten into it more I've stopped having that problem. I'm looking forward to the next chapter as well as getting caught up with the other stories here. :)
  • Options
    Aww thanks @IchigoUsagi ! Yeah, lots of names at the beginning. You're not the first to find that challenging. :D I'm glad it became less confusing as the chapters progressed. Yayyy another Paris lover! I love Paris too!!
    Yep, I think you're going to enjoy the other stories. We have a variety of different tales here, even though we all include vampires in them. :D
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    How's everyone doing? :) I couldn't write any new material for Undead with Benefits lately because of this massive writer's block, so my friends invited me to join their Dungeons and Dragons group. I had fun creating my half-elf bard, and I was able to create him using screenshots and some useful CC, which eventually led to writing a short interview-style story about him: Azaki Amasticia I might even make a spin-off series about him, just to complement with his backstory.

@simscognito I still have to catch up on Friends of Foes; then I can write a nice description on my site for it.

@chalicen @IchigoUsagi I'll probably start reading your stories soon. :)
  • Options
    @pronterus Hiya! I'm reading Undead with Benefits out loud to my roomie and we're both enjoying it :) Hoping to get a decent way through it before next monday.
    Apart from that I'm currently having breakfast.... at 1pm xD
  • Options
    pronterus wrote: »
    How's everyone doing? :) I couldn't write any new material for Undead with Benefits lately because of this massive writer's block, so my friends invited me to join their Dungeons and Dragons group. I had fun creating my half-elf bard, and I was able to create him using screenshots and some useful CC, which eventually led to writing a short interview-style story about him: Azaki Amasticia I might even make a spin-off series about him, just to complement with his backstory.

@simscognito I still have to catch up on Friends of Foes; then I can write a nice description on my site for it.

@chalicen @IchigoUsagi I'll probably start reading your stories soon. :)

Hi @pronterus oh sweet. Thanks. Oh yes, Dungeons and Dragons, most of my friends are big fans. :D Good luck with your writers block. I think it's the best thing to do, doing something else for a bit, when this happens. It also gives me time to catch up with your story. Almost there. :D

@chalicen Oh my gosh, reading it out loud would be the best. :smiley: Now I want someone to read it to. *Pesters bro* :D
  • Options
    Hey, sorry I've been kind of inactive on here for a few days! I've been feeling a little under the weather this week, but hopefully tonight I'll be able to finish up taking my screenshots for chapter three and upload it either tonight or tomorrow. :smile:

@pronterus Cool! I'll have to read that when I get the chance (in addition to getting caught up with Undead with Benefits). I really enjoy Dungeons and Dragons, but I don't have enough friends who are interested to do a campaign with. So instead I go to a local (kind of, it's about a half-hour drive) comic and gaming store that has weekly meetings.
  • Options
    I just posted the latest chapter of The Illusion of Light! Chapter Three: Settling In is now available for your reading enjoyment. :smiley:

01-19-18-8-45-25-pm_orig.png

(Also, sorry for the kind of large image. If it bothers anyone, I can keep those out of my comments from now on. :) )
  • Options
    @IchigoUsagi that chapter title gives me the shivers. :D
  • Options
    Speaking of which, will we be starting the reading circle this week?
  • Options
    Speaking of which, will we be starting the reading circle this week?

Yep. Sorry for the delay I've been on and off working on my next Family Black chapter all morning and spaced on it :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @simscognito @IchigoUsagi @chalicen

And as the week begins the story spotlight for the week is on @pronterus and his story Undead With Benefits :)
  • Options
    Great! I haven't gotten all the way through Undead With Benefits yet- I think I'm somewhere around chapter 3.3- but I'd love to participate with whatever feedback I can give. (Although it might be irrelevant at this point considering how behind I am). I'll try to get through more of it as the week progresses. :)
    So, @pronterus , do you have any questions for us or specific feedback you're looking for? (Like I said, I'm a bit behind, but I'll answer what I can based on where I am currently.)
  • Options
    @pronterus I have an incredibly random question ^^;;;;
    Is Park's name actually Park, or are they calling him that by mistake when his name is actually Shin?
  • Options
    pronteruspronterus Posts: 2,166 Member
    @IchigoUsagi @chalicen Hey guys, since you're the second batch of people here to read my story, I'll ask basic questions first:
    What do you think of the story so far?

How do you like the world that it is set in?

Who's your favorite character?

Got any guesses about who wrote the letters?

@chalicen As for Park, his whole name is Park Shin-jae, but the characters stuck with calling him on a last name basis since he always wrote his family name first. :lol: The Doc pronounces Park like Pahk since he speaks his language, while the others would pronounce it like park in English.
  • Options
    @pronterus here are my answers! (If you'd like me to go into more detail on any of them, let me know.)

What do you think of the story so far?

I think it's really interesting and funny! I love the style of humor you use.

How do you like the world that it is set in?

I think it's great so far! I like the idea of there being a really rundown part of Newcrest where the vampires live. I also like the concept of the Guild. All the Windenburg history shown in the letters is also very intriguing.

Who's your favorite character?

Probably Preston. :) I can't help but smile at his antics. I audibly laughed when Chickenbane was first referenced, and I love the building tours from his perspective!

Got any guesses about who wrote the letters?

In the beginning I thought it was Doc, but now I'm not sure. :# I'm not the best at speculation!