Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Retail Store Challenge (UPDATED)

Comments

• Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you @BreeMiles and @AIRIS6962 This was a great challenge! I had so much fun :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    I love your story and Wow what a beautiful home you have made your sim my dear! <3
  • Options
    Thanks @BreeMiles !
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

@AlJay
    I´m in love with your Tiki Treats <3 And your modern home for 50K is soooo cuteeee!! <3
    Thanks for sharing them with us, and thanks for sharing your progress. It´s great to see how you enjoyed this challenge :)
  • Options
    Thanks @AIRIS6962 !
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2019
    @AlJay - nice to see that someone else is doing this challenge. I had a lot of fun with it :) And that build is so gorgeous.
  • Options
    TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Will this be happening again?
  • Options
    @Taoron - It is an on-going challenge, so you can undertake it anytime :)
  • Options
    Taoron wrote: »
    Will this be happening again?
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Taoron - It is an on-going challenge, so you can undertake it anytime :)

@Taoron , As our dear @SoulGal7 answered to you, you can play this challenge any time you want. And you can post it about your experience: pics, buildings, sims, ...

Lately I was thinking of it, to see the way to expand it and make it more difficult and interesting. Any ideas are welcome :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Good Morning! Yes, I saw. I'm working on something(s) I may end up posting here, myself, once I get them done. I'll have to go through the rules as they are now.

If I think of anything, once I do that, I'll be sure to share. =)

EDIT: Yes. I remember now. I'll have to set aside some time from being in Build Mode, and see what I can come up with. It's been ages since I've 'played'. lol
  • Options

@Taoron , first of all my apologizes for not answering you before, but I didn´t see your post till now.
    I can´t wait to see your pics, sim, store and house!
    Regarding the rules, I´m not thinking of any changes, I only want to make it longer. For example, a second generation/heir who runs the Store or something like this.
  • Options
    Not at all. I often miss posts, and come back to them later. I usually check the forum while I am trying to infuse my body with caffine. No apologies necessary.
  • Options
    I am working on a Bakery now, for the Whimsyville Project. If it doesn't drive me absolutely insane, in the process, it looks like it might fit into the specifics in the rules, for pricing. It's only at $9k now. Unfortunately, I also have around 9k more cookies to place. =)

CrUAm1l.png
  • Options

Your bakery is looking absolutely lovely @Taoron ! :smiley:
    Don´t forget that your sim has to live there! So you have to make a "private place" for them to eat, sleep and so.

LOL I´m infusing my body with caffeine almost all day along! I´m addict to caffeine :joy:
  • Options
    AIRIS6962 wrote: »
    Your bakery is looking absolutely lovely @Taoron ! :smiley:
    Don´t forget that your sim has to live there! So you have to make a "private place" for them to eat, sleep and so.

LOL I´m infusing my body with caffeine almost all day along! I´m addict to caffeine :joy:

Oh yeah. If I use it, I can section off a small area for that. I have enough roof space to incorporate a loft for bedding, as well. I've used theis model half a dozen times, a half a dozen ways. For a 'Tiny' home, it's pretty versitile.
  • Options
    @Taoron - I had a great time with this challenge. It's a lot of fun!
  • Options

Oh, I'm sure. Like I said, I just have to convince myself to actually 'play' and not just work on the builds I have currently in build phase and my side projects in empty lots, working on technique.
  • Options

And we all had a wonderful time with your awesome stories, dear! <3

This challenge it doesn´t take much long to complete and combine both, build and play. I think it´s a bit addictive as well.

I love building, that´s what I do most time, and I think that always there is something new to learn or try. But since I build to play (by requests) I play as well to see how works the stuff and my buildings in game, and what stuff we need in a building to play it.
  • Options
    Indeed. I do the same, to a degree. I usually have them spend a couple of days in the home, to make sure I can use everything and get to everything.
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    As usual, I am behind the times with finding fun challenges!
    Thank YOU @AIRIS6962 and @BreeMiles for encouraging me to give this a go.

This is Pete.
    pete.png
    Pete Vallejo is more comfortable around animals than people so opening a pet store seemed like a good idea at the time!

Gallery Link: Pete

This is Pete's Store (starter).
    shop.png

Gallery Link: Store
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    The store looks cute and your sim is very handsome, Addy. Have fun with this challenge!
  • Options
    ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Thank YOU @illusie :)
    I know I will.
  • Options

Have fun @ADWilson ! <3

Pete is a very handsome sim and the pet shop is so cute!
    I can´t wait to see more.
  • Options

I´ve just UPDATED the challenge.
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Hello since a very long time visiting this thread! I see lots of new stores coming to life and I love them all! @ADWilson your pet store looks super awesome and Pete will do wonderful in his new career, I can't wait to follow your story with him!

@Taoron how did your bakery come along? I have missed so much here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top