Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cruise Ships

So in the other thread I started I said that they should put in a pack for elders. Some of the feedback I received mentioned cruise ships. I think that would be a great idea for a game pack and could work like Outdoor Retreat.

You book a vacation and instead of free-standing houses you can rent ship cabins of various kinds from simple rooms to top of the line luxury suites or family suites.

For an equivalent of Granite Falls they could have a port of call that encompasses qualities of several world destinations with collections and maybe travel related skills. It could be an expansion of what is already in world (fish, gems etc) or something totally new like travel relics.

On board ship there could be
- shuffle board
- swimming
- restaurants
- maybe a movie theater or live shows (those with entertainer related skills could provide entertainment as a paid gig)
- you could volunteer to take pictures as mementos for sims around you.
- there could be an all ages playground with gym equipment that are suitable for many age groups

Basically all skill sets could probably find a place to either work on skills or put them to use on a cruise ship.

Perhaps they could make this one zone without loading screens as well so you can tour most or all of the ship. If you could tour the whole ship you could work on handiness by tinkering with the engines.

They could also bring out a mermaid npc or item that could turn your sim into a mermaid.

I think this could be really fun if they did this.

Comments

• Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    Sounds fun. I would also love evening parties on the cruise deck with live bands, a dance floor, bars, etc
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    Sounds fun. I would also love evening parties on the cruise deck with live bands, a dance floor, bars, etc

oh thats a given! :)
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I want cruise ships, but forget the elders, I want it for the YA. I don't let them get older than that.
  • Options
    RebeccaThurstonRebeccaThurston Posts: 234 Member
    I want cruise ships, but forget the elders, I want it for the YA. I don't let them get older than that.

There would be enough added that every sim of any age would find something fun to do.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited August 2017
    So in the other thread I started I said that they should put in a pack for elders. Some of the feedback I received mentioned cruise ships. I think that would be a great idea for a game pack and could work like Outdoor Retreat.

You book a vacation and instead of free-standing houses you can rent ship cabins of various kinds from simple rooms to top of the line luxury suites or family suites.

For an equivalent of Granite Falls they could have a port of call that encompasses qualities of several world destinations with collections and maybe travel related skills. It could be an expansion of what is already in world (fish, gems etc) or something totally new like travel relics.

- shuffle board
    - swimming
    - restaurants
    - maybe a movie theater or live shows (those with entertainer related skills could provide entertainment as a paid gig)
    - there could be an all ages playground with gym equipment that are suitable for many age groups

Basically all skill sets could probably find a place to either work on skills or put them to use on a cruise ship.

Perhaps they could make this one zone without loading screens as well so you can tour most or all of the ship. If you could tour the whole ship you could work on handiness by tinkering with the engines.

They could also bring out a mermaid npc or item that could turn your sim into a mermaid.

I like your ideas!
    And I have seen others wanting stuff similar to this, for awhile now.
    (It has been commented on, here and there, for years.)

I would love cruise ships/tropical vacation!
    And of course. for ALL ages! :D
    (People of all ages take cruises, and I may not be elder yet, but I wouldn't want my game full of only teens, or contain only one age group.
    For me, that would be Twilight Zone... Simmers can set up their own preferences for who does what, anyway...)
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    edited August 2017
    I think I've posted in threads like this before. It'd be a really great way to handle a "tropical vacation" pack.

Within the world, you could have three neighborhoods:
    * Above deck, which would show some islands in the distance, as well as having pools, bars, shuffleboard areas as well as water slides, and buffet tables.
    * Below deck, which has cabins, and nightctub area where comedians/musicians play, as well as room for players to build restaurants if they have Dine Out. Maybe even we could play bingo.
    * An island, where you see the cruise ship off in the distance, and where you can swim in the ocean, build sandcastles, and do other beach-y things. Swimming with the dolphins would be great, and I'd love to see little FX monkeys and parrots in the trees.

I think it'd be pretty cool.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    mariajane216mariajane216 Posts: 83 Member
    I would loveee cruise ships!
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    This would be nice! I'm tired of my sims having to go camping.
  • Options
    SimsPlayer1196SimsPlayer1196 Posts: 50 Member
    Yes they need cruise ships acceptable for all ages and they should have a couple of ports that the ships can stop at.
  • Options
    whyaccesswhyaccess Posts: 182 Member
    Slot machines and other gambling games would be cool on a cruise ship. Dad got to pay for the trip right. (hopefully)
  • Options
    baileyd813baileyd813 Posts: 3 New Member
    Cruises would be awesome!
  • Options
    SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    That would be so cute! I would love that!
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

- shuffle board
    - swimming
    - restaurants

As long as it has options for the ship to stop on islands and we have beach activities and also the option to stay at resorts. Cruises are awesome but being limited to a luxery liner doesn't give us beach activities and resorts.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    The last time I went on a ferry (which is probably different from a cruise ship) all I remembered was that I was tense and anxious the whole time instead of relaxing like I should have lol.

I think it would be great if some sims could get seasick or they are scared of open water and they would be tense and uncomfortable the whole time. But maybe this would only work if there was a likes and dislikes system or a fear system.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr