Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat's & Dog's only no Werewolves?

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Now that we have Cats&Dogs, we have doggy things that Werewolves can do (hopefully more than diggiing, of course), and the potential for Werewolves to interact differently with animals to normal people.

I hear lots of people going on about lots of Supernatruals. Everybody wants them.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Unfortunately, ever since Get Together TS4 hasn't been adding lifestates to expansion packs. Although, maybe it's for the best, since they can potentially be added to game packs and be even better than before.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Why not? People wanted the developers to have another game pack devoted to a supernatural creature, and if you are the creator and seen people been wanting that theme, why wouldn't you dedicate another pack for it?

mostly because it's a popularity contest - who is screaming the loudest for a GP themed the way that they want it to be themed? Currently it's not supernatural fans. And then if you were to scream the loudest, you would all need to agree on a supernatural that you want again.

So sure, this iteration we're getting more in-depth supernaturals, but in the end we might be stuck with just 2 by the end of TS4's lifespan.

Well, I guess that means it's time to rally #TeamSupernatural.

*grabs bullhorn*

Shout-outs for life states! Magic Users! Shapeshifters! Undead and the Risen! Fairies and Nymphs and Satyrs and Mermaids! Enhanced humans! Bring 'em on!

>:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    @LiELF I shall help you spread the word! UNITE ALL SUPERNATURAL FANS!
  • Options
    @LiELF I shall help you spread the word! UNITE ALL SUPERNATURAL FANS!

YES!!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I'm here to add my voice to those hoping for more life states! Those Vampires need some competition! Werewolves and Witches are the two main ones I'm really hoping for. I wouldn't mind fairies, too, but can pretend with the outfits available there.

I wouldn't mind others as an occasional thing like the Aliens.

The plant sims and events I'm not as thrilled about because to use anything from them later you have to cheat and I like to complete collections without cheating... hopefully someday they give us the ability to trigger events in our game.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I'm rather hopeful about Supernaturals in TS4. They've done a great jon on Vampires. Also, I believe they don't include them in expansion like Cats&Dogs since it's pretty specific addition to the game.
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    @LiELF I so hope we get more supernaturals soon. Which one do you want the most? I think I want either witches or werewolf first I can't decide. #TeamSupernatural !!!!
  • Options
    jimjam1009 wrote: »
    @LiELF I so hope we get more supernaturals soon. Which one do you want the most? I think I want either witches or werewolf first I can't decide. #TeamSupernatural !!!!

Gah, that's a tough choice! But I think I want werewolves just a little bit more. But I want them to be able to turn into other forms and have the manbeast form with an actual scary wolfish head and tail and fur and huge teeth. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2017
    Werewolves would be cool in this pack, especially if they could turn full wolf.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Definitely. I think it would be fun if there was a version where the default form was actually a wolf, and they could change up into a humanoid hybrid. That would be a totally new twist on werewolves.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    jimjam1009jimjam1009 Posts: 165 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Definitely. I think it would be fun if there was a version where the default form was actually a wolf, and they could change up into a humanoid hybrid. That would be a totally new twist on werewolves.

OMG I love all of these ideas
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    More than anything, I'm craving for more lifestates. Especially fairies and witches. Waiting is so painful. Maybe with cats and dogs coming out, maybe that means witches are around the corner; making it possible to have familiars like in TS2.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Witches or werewolves would make me very happy
  • Options
    Shades302Shades302 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I would pref witches/warlocks over werewolves. However any new lifestate i love, because they make the game more interesting for my preferred playstyle. :)
    I am certain that new lifestates are gonna happen, they said on the pets review when asked about horses that they have allot still planned. So not even horses are off the shelf yet, so anything is possible. ^^
    Z6gfpiv.png?1
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Cause in the previous games there were werewolves in the Pet packs, if you played the first Sims games you would know that, so I am guessing you have not played them all then, there is a New World in the pack called Brindleton Bay or something like that, so I was hoping another character or life stage as you call it would also be added, only time will tell I guess.

P.S. In Sims 2 the Pets were basically Cat's and Dogs as well, If My memory served me right.

Actually... Werewolves were only in the Sims 2 pets. (there was also the alpha Wolf and for apartment life there was a spectral cat)

Sims 1 has no occult for pets, and Sims 3 had unicorn.

I'm not excusing the lack of a life state though.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Witches will definitely get their own GP, but fairies and werewolf could re-use systems brought in by the witches and vampire GP and therefore be in one GP= 2 GPs

currently people are asking for small animals, horses, teens, vacation spots GPs. There was also that band GP that was planned at the same time as City Living. So really it's a question of what is the most asked feature. And after vampires I don't think that supernatural fans are the ones demanding the loudest.

The band GP was a fake leak made up by a troll on the forums.

It's something that'd be interesting though.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    You most likely can create them, there are so many breeds, so little time.

No, I'm certainly optimistic Werewolves are coming in a separate Game Pack now that Dogs, Wolves and Humans are defined entities.
    it's Good they didn't combine the two Packs, the Stage isn't big enough for 3 Life States.

Reimagined Vampire's Strengths and Weaknesses for Werewolves
    Designing the Life state itself, all the variations, manipulations, we could do to create our type of werewolf.

Basic/Default Powers and interactions.

and perhaps a world of their own, Ooh! I'm hoping vast Redwood/Oak/Pine forest, with mountainous terrain, and wide open lakes and 5 super huge (Bigger than 64x64) lots. it's basically just forest and dirt roads, kind of Timeless

What I have planned is, My sims are Aristocratic society with a Werewolf as Head. I have 5 Mansions that are neoclassic themed.

you're assuming that in the limited amount of GPs that they can still do, they will dedicate another to a supernatural life state. We get 2 GPs a year. Even just to do the main supernaturals (witches, werewolves, fairies and vampires), that's 2 years worth of GPs. They're not going to dedicate whole 2 years worth of GPs just to supernaturals.

I doubt that it'll take as much since the ground work for the weakness and power system as well as genetics etc was already done.

I need my witches badly, and werewolves to continue the fued with vampires. Other than that I don't need anything, but I'd love to see ACTUAL plant Sims and genies.

Edit : I'd love to see fairies, but they were kind of meh in Sims 3. I definitely want Elves though!

In my stories, the Elves don't particularly like the vampires since the first vampire hunted them to near extinction when she was alive. (Their leaders were mad though)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I kind of count 'Toddlers' as a Gamepack sized patch. So in theory we had THREE GPs this year. Now that Toddlers is done, with Parenthood being an extension of Toddlers, I think we can have more supernatruals... the only trouble is people want horses for Cats&Dogs, AND small pets.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I want that to it would be so cute it would be funny if other sims treated you like a dog because they don't know your a sim to I could see a lot of funny misunderstandings coming from that lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,215 Member
    Witches will definitely get their own GP, but fairies and werewolf could re-use systems brought in by the witches and vampire GP and therefore be in one GP= 2 GPs

currently people are asking for small animals, horses, teens, vacation spots GPs. There was also that band GP that was planned at the same time as City Living. So really it's a question of what is the most asked feature. And after vampires I don't think that supernatural fans are the ones demanding the loudest.

The band GP was a fake leak made up by a troll on the forums.

It's something that'd be interesting though.

Really ?
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Because the EP lacks wolves as well, I think that they're holding off on wolves and werewolves till either a Werewolf GP or the Supernatural EP.
  • Options
    howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    A lot of people don't wanna have lifestates in their game so it's better to make a separate and more fleshed out game pack for things like werewolves I think.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    If the werewolves were to show up in a EP I think it would be like the ghosts in Sims 4. Nothing really scary about it. Love my ghosts, have several in my games but wish they could do more.

Compare them to the vampires in Sims 4, they are awesome. If something is supposed to be really scary I think it will be in a GP. The EP:s are meant to be for everyone, sweet and deviant simmers alike. GP:s can choose to focus more. To me ghosts feels like they were placed in that comfortable nice zone since they will be in everyone's games. I would not like to see werewolves end up like the aliens in GtW. Not much detail to powers and pretty safe.

I would like to see werewolves get attention in a GP. Perhaps they would have to share it with magic-users since the system with powers and weaknesses is already developed and they can spend that time on something else? I just hope they will get the opportunity to be deviant, because that would be great for my game.

This is just my take on things. EP:s have something little for the deviant-players but the GP:s are able to do more.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    #TeamSupernatural here. :smile:

I loved the Vampires, so I am personally waiting for werewolves, witches, fairies, and mermaids. :blush: I don't mind if they're in GPS. I just want them to return in the new iterations. If not, well, at least I got Sims 3 for my supernatural fix.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top