Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cat's & Dog's only no Werewolves?

I am so not sure bout the Pet pack coming out November 10th 2017, I see a few breeds in the video, but 1 I did not see any Japanese Chin's Breed, and 2 where are the Werewolves ? I am so not sure I want to buy that Pack since I did not see My Pets in there, nor My Gothic type play chars, so I guess I will have to wait and see what else they do to it before it is released , Sigh.

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    There are no werewolves or any kind of special life stage with the pack. We will get more information on breeds later on.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I don't think we will find out what all of the breeds available are until the pack comes out in November. Why would there be werewolves in a pack about cats and dogs? That seems completely unrelated.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Cause in the previous games there were werewolves in the Pet packs, if you played the first Sims games you would know that, so I am guessing you have not played them all then, there is a New World in the pack called Brindleton Bay or something like that, so I was hoping another character or life stage as you call it would also be added, only time will tell I guess.

P.S. In Sims 2 the Pets were basically Cat's and Dogs as well, If My memory served me right.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    You most likely can create them, there are so many breeds, so little time.

No, I'm certainly optimistic Werewolves are coming in a separate Game Pack now that Dogs, Wolves and Humans are defined entities.
    it's Good they didn't combine the two Packs, the Stage isn't big enough for 3 Life States.

Reimagined Vampire's Strengths and Weaknesses for Werewolves
    Designing the Life state itself, all the variations, manipulations, we could do to create our type of werewolf.

Basic/Default Powers and interactions.

and perhaps a world of their own, Ooh! I'm hoping vast Redwood/Oak/Pine forest, with mountainous terrain, and wide open lakes and 5 super huge (Bigger than 64x64) lots. it's basically just forest and dirt roads, kind of Timeless

What I have planned is, My sims are Aristocratic society with a Werewolf as Head. I have 5 Mansions that are neoclassic themed.

Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »

No, I'm certainly optimistic Werewolves are coming in a separate Game Pack now that Dogs, Wolves and Humans are defined entities.
    it's Good they didn't combine the two Packs, the Stage isn't big enough for 3 Life States.

Designing the Life state itself, all the variations, manipulations, we could do to create our type of werewolf.

and perhaps a world of their own, Ooh! I'm hoping vast Redwood/Oak/Pine forest, with mountainous terrain, and wide open lakes and 5 super huge (Bigger than 64x64) lots. it's basically just forest and dirt roads, kind of Timeless

What I have planned is, My sims are Aristocratic society with a Werewolf as Head. I have 5 Mansions that are neoclassic themed.

OMG I so Luv your Idea, I hope it all works out for ya that way in your game, there is another world coming in that pack, some type of Bay, so who knows, :)
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    They already confirmed that there will be no supernatural life stage
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Cause in the previous games there were werewolves in the Pet packs, if you played the first Sims games you would know that, so I am guessing you have not played them all then, there is a New World in the pack called Brindleton Bay or something like that, so I was hoping another character or life stage as you call it would also be added, only time will tell I guess.

P.S. In Sims 2 the Pets were basically Cat's and Dogs as well, If My memory served me right.

There were no werewolves in Sims 3 Pets - they came with Supernatural. The supernatural life form that came with Sims 3 Pets was the unicorn, which was basically just a fancy horse. There were no werewolves at all in Sims 1, or any supernatural life form for that matter. I don't know about Sims 2. That is the only iteration of the game that I have not played.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    FKM100 wrote: »

There were no werewolves in Sims 3 Pets - they came with Supernatural. The supernatural life form that came with Sims 3 Pets was the unicorn, which was basically just a fancy horse. There were no werewolves at all in Sims 1, or any supernatural life form for that matter. I don't know about Sims 2. That is the only iteration of the game that I have not played.

Werewolves came as part of The Sims 2 pets. They were also in the sims 1 Makin Magic if you did a spell but they didn't do anything, the results were for show.
  • Options
    FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    Oddly enough, the one supernatural life state I would rather like to have seen with Pets is witches (that old animal familiar thing). The New England setting of Brindleton Bay would be ideal for them. Still, I would far rather have really good pets than a mish-mash of barely related content. And I hope that werewolves and witches will eventually have their own Game Packs, so that they can be as well-done as vampires.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    It's possible that when an occult is released, a "pet" might come with it. Witches and familiars and werewolves and wolves.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I bet werewolves will reakt with pets. And witches might get familiars.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    They already confirmed that there will be no supernatural life stage

Well that figures, thanks for the info, much appreciated.
  • Options
    FKM100 wrote: »

Yup they were added to the Sims 2 Pets pack, :)
  • Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    They are making a pack about cats and dogs. Not a supernatural pack or a werewolves pack. What has werewolves got to do with household pets?
  • Options
    BaenreBaenre Posts: 595 Member

Love everything about this. :) Very inspiring. I love werewolves, I loved them so much I made my vamps in TS4 look like werewolves and it was fun. Even though they were technically both vampire groups, I was able to pull off the vamp vs werewolf look... if that makes sense.

Anyway I'm sorry there are no werewolves with this pack. I hope we get them down the line though.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited August 2017
    Baenre wrote: »

Love everything about this. :) Very inspiring. I love werewolves, I loved them so much I made my vamps in TS4 look like werewolves and it was fun. Even though they were technically both vampire groups, I was able to pull off the vamp vs werewolf look... if that makes sense.

Anyway I'm sorry there are no werewolves with this pack. I hope we get them down the line though.

Oh I had already created my werewolf family long ago, but recently I developed their family history. I'm Interested in what they would look like as werewolves... even take on their legendary "Wolf form" But I'm not going to use Vampires for that.

this is my she wolf In her human form, Diane Jordan,
    07_03_17_1_59_25pm_by_mphattyboi-dbl6bng.png
    She and Her Husband, Adam, are both Alpha-Delta, they fled from Paris, France to the Briarwood, USA (a fictional city in the New England Area) in the mid 1850s. She is Gracious, Cunning, and a Mistress at the art of Seduction. Diane is a Mother of 3 Werewolves, Bruno, Isabella-Maria, and Caleb. at some point, a Huntress will lay siege on the House of Jordan
    wiping out the entire family, except the young 13 year old, Celeb who managed to escape.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    AmySims09 wrote: »
    They are making a pack about cats and dogs. Not a supernatural pack or a werewolves pack. What has werewolves got to do with household pets?

Nothing at all, But they were added into the Sims 2 Pets Pack before, so I was hoping it would happen again, thanks.
  • Options
    Baenre wrote: »

Yup I do hope we get them as well, thanks for sharing, :)
  • Options
    mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member

you're assuming that in the limited amount of GPs that they can still do, they will dedicate another to a supernatural life state. We get 2 GPs a year. Even just to do the main supernaturals (witches, werewolves, fairies and vampires), that's 2 years worth of GPs. They're not going to dedicate whole 2 years worth of GPs just to supernaturals.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    Witches will definitely get their own GP, but fairies and werewolf could re-use systems brought in by the witches and vampire GP and therefore be in one GP= 2 GPs
  • Options
    Witches will definitely get their own GP, but fairies and werewolf could re-use systems brought in by the witches and vampire GP and therefore be in one GP= 2 GPs

currently people are asking for small animals, horses, teens, vacation spots GPs. There was also that band GP that was planned at the same time as City Living. So really it's a question of what is the most asked feature. And after vampires I don't think that supernatural fans are the ones demanding the loudest.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »

you're assuming that in the limited amount of GPs that they can still do, they will dedicate another to a supernatural life state. We get 2 GPs a year. Even just to do the main supernaturals (witches, werewolves, fairies and vampires), that's 2 years worth of GPs. They're not going to dedicate whole 2 years worth of GPs just to supernaturals.

Why not? People wanted the developers to have another game pack devoted to a supernatural creature, and if you are the creator and seen people been wanting that theme, why wouldn't you dedicate another pack for it?
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Why not? People wanted the developers to have another game pack devoted to a supernatural creature, and if you are the creator and seen people been wanting that theme, why wouldn't you dedicate another pack for it?

mostly because it's a popularity contest - who is screaming the loudest for a GP themed the way that they want it to be themed? Currently it's not supernatural fans. And then if you were to scream the loudest, you would all need to agree on a supernatural that you want again.

So sure, this iteration we're getting more in-depth supernaturals, but in the end we might be stuck with just 2 by the end of TS4's lifespan.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    And what is the theme that people are always saying that they wanted in a game pack? The only game pack theme that I hear the loudest are witches, carnival and a vacations gamepack.
  • Options
    TS1299 wrote: »
    And what is the theme that people are always saying that they wanted in a game pack? The only game pack theme that I hear the loudest are witches, carnival and a vacations gamepack.

I'm hearing vacations and that teens, elders and babies are not fleshed out enough the most. Have not heard carnival. Hoping that if they do bring more supernaturals, that they will come with their own mini neighbourhoods.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top