Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Aspiration?

Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
What's your favorite type of sims to play with, and what do you do with them? Do you like fruitful family sims, successful fortune sims, playful popularity sims, random pleasure sims, dedicated knowledge sims, or Grilled Cheese sims?
Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]

Comments

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    I used to go for career based ones because my gameplay revolved around financial success, but lately I've been picking more creative ones.

Social aspirations (even family ones) have always been low on my list, but I'm open to more challenge in my current legacy!

I married a townie who had grilled cheese aspiration but it was bugged, she couldn't talk about grilled cheese. :(

What is your fav?
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited August 2017
    Usually I only play knowledge or family, as my sims arent cheats, goldiggers, or have any friends :p

Edit: forgot about pleasure. I choose that mostly for story/project sims who are never going to fulfill a single want.
  • Options
    WarGreymon77WarGreymon77 Posts: 127 Member
    Family is definitely my favorite Their wants are pretty easy to fulfill, and generally line up with mine in real life. Except for the 20 kittens and puppies and things like that.
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    I want to say knowledge is my favorite, since I've been playing a lot of challenges lately where it's relatively easy to keep a knowledge sim happy so long as they have access to skilling objects. Popularity would be a second favorite, based entirely on how convenient they are in regular gameplay.

If you want to run a successful business, though, nothing beats a fortune/romance or fortune/pleasure sim with a regular partner. Whenever their aspiration dips into the green and they can't use an energizer, have them briefly close the business to clean and restock, call up their date, get platinum, use the energizer (and earn enough points to pay for a new one) and then end the date and start up the business again.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Except for the 20 kittens and puppies and things like that.

I've always wanted to do that and never tried. Think I might know what I'm doing this weekend.
    Will definitely need some mods though as I actually feel like tearing up at the thought of putting any of them up for adoption.
  • Options
    JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I mostly use family and knowledge. Especially at the start, I usually have one of each. I do use the others sparingly, kinda making like the black sheep of the family. :D Messing around, all about having a good time, and the lazy bum that never does anything with his life. :D
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,257 Member
    For me, it's knowledge sims, all the way! They're so easy to keep happy and motivated, just let them skill to their heart's content, LOL!
  • Options
    MidnightmoonliteMidnightmoonlite Posts: 27 Member
    My favorite has been family mostly but lately I've been really liking knowledge, so I would say family and knowledge
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Family!
    But then there are sims with Fortune, Popularity and Knowledge aspirations.
    I really rarely use Romance and Pleasure aspirations. The concept of these doesn't seem so appealing to me...
  • Options
    Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    hi! i have loved the grilled cheese aspiration, but i also have a problem where when summoning grilled cheese it is always spoilt! does anyone have ay solutions?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    All the sims I make are knowledge types, as they seem the most flexible and easiest to play. Lifetime aspirations are usually more reasonable, such as maxing out a career or all the skills (my favorite). I leave the other aspirations for the game generated sims.
  • Options
    xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Idk I don't have a favorite. I usually just go with whatever I feel like fits their personality or what aspiration they age up with. I like playing all different kinds of sims with different goals. Keeps the game from getting stale for me :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I like Fortune and Pleasure. Most fortune Sims love business work and Uni, and Pleasure Sims are fun for a change. :)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I used to love family or fortune. After playing so many rich family sims, I made a town full of romance\pleasure sims which was crazy, fun and funny with all the drama. Now I sort of love all the aspirations in their own way. For a while, I picked aspirations that lined up with their personality but now I use a random number generator to pick them. There is nothing like a shy romance sim LOL. This sim wants to kiss and woohoo everyone but they stand around fiddling with their hands(shy idle) It is quite hilarious.
  • Options
    Tw1stTw1st Posts: 486 Member
    Romance is probably my favorite aspiration! :naughty: Knowledge and Family are tied at 2nd place, just because I find them so "easy" and chill to play. My least favorite is Popularity or Pleasure.
  • Options
    junglesayingsjunglesayings Posts: 4 New Member
    Family or Romance!
    Family because it's always a goal to get through several generations. It's all about genetics with me.
    Romance because, well, it's a fun challenge to try to keep the lovers in the dark about each other.
    The ideal family I had was two brothers who lived in a big house with their elderly remarried parent. One was married and having kids, one wanted 20 lovers. That one couldn't be on community lots without complicating things for himself, but it sure was fun.
    Oh, yeah, and hi :smile:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Pema22 wrote: »
    hi! i have loved the grilled cheese aspiration, but i also have a problem where when summoning grilled cheese it is always spoilt! does anyone have ay solutions?

Are you sure you are talking about The Sims 2 here? Because in The Sims 4, sims can actually conjure spoilt grilled cheese (always on the plate).
    If you are talking about The Sims 4, keep trying! Try having your sim to be in good emotion first.
    If you are talking about The Sims 2, then I really don't know what's happening in your game. Strange...
  • Options
    Pema22Pema22 Posts: 217 Member
    @EgonVM whoops! yeah, I was accidentally talking about the sims 4... thank you :lol::flushed:
  • Options
    DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    I always always always picked the knowledge aspiration back before my dear Sims 2 laptop packed in. I only think I ever made one or two sims with different aspirations over the eight years I played to be honest. I just found the wants on that were mostly skill-based and that really got my sims ahead in careers and at University and stuff. Plus I played with occults a lot and sims with the Knowledge aspiration get a positive memory from becoming a vampire/witch as opposed to a negative one which most other aspirations get (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong on that one!)
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • Options
    GodlikeGodlike Posts: 305 Member
    Tend to mix it up but I think Knowledge and Family are the easiest to tend. Popularity and Pleasure are not bad either but heavens, Fortune and Romance are a pain in the Plumb Bob.
    Lift me up - Let me go
  • Options
    JFrombaughJFrombaugh Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't found Fortune to be all that hard, as long as you just keep going to work and avoid bad Chance Card choices. Knowledge is easy at first but gets tougher as it branches out to include things other than skill ups. Romance is by far the hardest for me (especially since oftentimes your Sim will actually have a FEAR of the next stage of marriage with someone they're living with).
  • Options
    VanquisherVanquisher Posts: 6 New Member
    I always go with Knowledge or Family, not sure why really.