Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

'Filler life stages' and how they could work

After soo many discussions about potential new life stages, mostly preteens, I just had an idea HOW they could be implemented.
I am not really someone who supports preteens to make it into the game, but I am not fully against them either.

Why are so many people against the implementation of them?
Because they wouldn't add any new gameplay and don't have much potential. You can't deny it, it's just the truth. Every single idea for preteen gameplay I've seen so far could easily be added to the child or teen life stage, sounds like a waste of time and recources, right?

Well, wait a minute. There's a simple reason why many people here want preteens, not necessarily because of the gameplay they could add, but because of the huuuuge height difference between children and teens.

For this problem, there would be two solutions that come to mind right now:

1.Making the teens smaller Smaller teens would mean that the height difference wouldn't be so huge anymore. However, it is more than clearly that the teens we have now represent more older teens, I would say 16-19 years (however, this can be seen differently from person to person). I actually like it that older teens are represented in the game. So IF the height of the teens would get untouched, there's another potential solution:

2. Adding a 'preteen' or 'tween' life stage Like stated above, they wouldn't bring any new gameplay to the table which would justify them in the game.

So what should they do? I actually posted this idea in an other thread already, but I share it with you again: Filler Life Stages.

They would be listed as normal life stages in CAS, but wouldn't have unique gameplay to them, so they could also be called 'Semi-Life Stages'. Like the name suggests, they would only serve as fillers to make aging look more gradually.

Besides preteens, another filler life stage could be Middle-Aged. They would have some more hair color options, like the greying colors we already have, but with more variety.

Take note that a young adult is also just a 'filler life stage', as they aren't any different in gameplay, but make aging look more gradually and realistic. The same could be for preteens and middle-aged sims.

What do you think about this idea? The only one of these life stages that would need some extra work are preteens, because they have a different height than children and teens, and they would have listed middle school instead, and they would need some new animations, but middle-aged sims on the other side are just adults that look a bit older, but still younger than elders.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Comments

• Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2017
    Preteens are needed the other ages for adults not so much I gradually age my adult Sims perfectly fine sure more wrinkles and greying options would be nice beyond the two we have now. But there is no denying the huge height gap between children and adult-teens being as jarring as the bassinet baby jumping out as a fully grown kid. You go 1 day from playing with toys and sock puppets to "messing around" the next where's the middle ground?

Because they wouldn't add any new gameplay and don't have much potential. You can't deny it, it's just the truth. Every single idea for preteen gameplay I've seen so far could easily be added to the child or teen life stage, sounds like a waste of time and recources, right?

That's your opinion which is your right but I completely disagree. Not every feature for preteen can just be passed off to kids or teens the kids just scale very young and the teens scale way to old there no changing that preteens would come in and take the content that fits neither and do it a lot better.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Preteens are needed the other ages for adults not so much I gradually age my adult Sims perfectly fine sure more wrinkles and greying options would be nice beyond the two we have now. But there is no denying the huge height gap between children and adult-teens being as jarring as the bassinet baby jumping out as a fully grown kid. You go 1 day from playing with toys and sock puppets to "messing around" the next where's the middle ground?

That's your opinion which is your right but I completely disagree. Not every feature for preteen can just be passed off to kids or teens the kids just scale very young and the teens scale way to old there no changing that preteens would come in and take the content that fits neither and do it a lot better.

And what features exactly? I am really curious about it because everything I've seen so far wasn't really exclusive to preteens and could easily be added to child or teen.

By the way, I find the jump between adult and elder almost as bad like from child to teen, the adults look like 40-45, while the elders look like 70. Another reason to add, IF preteens would get added at all, another adult life stage is that nothing would get out of balance. When a preteen life stage would come, how would kids grow up without their parents becoming elders too fast?

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited August 2017
    Not a fan of the idea. We're literally talking about adding something to the game which, in your own words, does not add gameplay. And I believe you are underestimating the efforts that would be involved in creating these "filler" stages, but I'm not a programmer so I can't say for sure.

At the moment, we have three life stages that feel pretty much the exact same to play. And poor elders still have nothing special to do.
    Teen height does not concern me one bit, but the teens need to walk, talk, and act like teens. YA and Adult have practically no gameplay differential between them aside from appearance. The current lifestages need a lot of work before they would start adding to the problem.

It reminds me of those videogames I used to play, where the creators would add more classes without balancing the old ones. It doesn't make the game healthier or better at all.
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    Sorry to bump this but:

This is a new game (well, latest Sims game. Not exactly "new") and it deserves to have a chance to get new life stages. The teens' appearance won't be changed. Height is not going to get reduced as it would interfere. @Karallyne @ChadSims2 How do you know these life stages do not add gameplay when you haven't even seen it? Kinda sounds vague to me. I, for one, cannot assume something without seeing/experiencing it. Its like saying all dogs will bite you when you haven't been around dogs. Yes, I believe the current life stages such as babies, teens and elders need a little bit of work. I agree with you @Huiiie_07 Some of us want filler life stages to make aging more realistic.

Babies
    Toddlers
    *gap*
    Child
    *gap*
    Teens
    Young Adults
    Adults
    *gap*
    Elders

Not everyone is satisfied with the aging of Sims. That's something people are going to need to understand. Sims 4 opens up the door for new possibilities. We got multi-tasking and new CAS features. A Sims 4 dev said preteens are very possible. Heck, we got freaking toddlers! New life stages are certainly possible. Not sure if they are considering making extra life stages right now, but I hope we get them. Preteen, middle age, and young child are the three most wanted life stages.
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    @Karallyne How do you know these life stages do not add gameplay when you haven't even seen it? Kinda sounds vague to me.
    What sounds vague about it to you? This topic was about the OP's idea of implementing new life stages specifically (not implementing lifestages in general, so I don't know why you're trying to overtake it for your own agenda), and in their own idea they said themselves that no gameplay would be added. I didn't pull the statement out of thin air, I simply offered my criticism on their idea.

I don't get how something explicitly stated and explained can be interpreted as vague.

• Options
    > @Karallyne said:
    > BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    >
    > @Karallyne How do you know these life stages do not add gameplay when you haven't even seen it? Kinda sounds vague to me.
    >
    >
    >
    > What sounds vague about it to you? This topic was about the OP's idea of implementing new life stages specifically (not implementing lifestages in general, so I don't know why you're trying to overtake it for your own agenda), and in their own idea they said themselves that no gameplay would be added. I didn't pull the statement out of thin air, I simply offered my criticism on their idea.
    >
    > I don't get how something explicitly stated and explained can be interpreted as vague.

Well, it is a bit unclear to me how something that doesn't exists yet and you say it doesn't add anything?
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    > @Karallyne said:
    >
    > @Karallyne How do you know these life stages do not add gameplay when you haven't even seen it? Kinda sounds vague to me.
    >
    >
    >
    > What sounds vague about it to you? This topic was about the OP's idea of implementing new life stages specifically (not implementing lifestages in general, so I don't know why you're trying to overtake it for your own agenda), and in their own idea they said themselves that no gameplay would be added. I didn't pull the statement out of thin air, I simply offered my criticism on their idea.
    >
    > I don't get how something explicitly stated and explained can be interpreted as vague.

Well, it is a bit unclear to me how something that doesn't exists yet and you say it doesn't add anything?

I'll say it again. We are here in this topic to evaluate Huiiie_07's idea on how new lifestages should be implemented. (Not lifestage implementation in general).

In Huiiie_07's own words regarding their own idea:
    ...but wouldn't have unique gameplay

can you explain to me what it is you aren't understanding? Because frankly I don't get it. How can you sit and say that someone's proposed idea, which they do not intend to add gameplay, will add gameplay? If you have an idea on adding new lifestages in a way that would add gameplay, the beauty of that is that you can go and make your own topic about it, instead of hijacking one that doesn't have the same purpose.
  • Options
    > @Karallyne said:
    >
    > > @Karallyne said:
    > > BuzzBuzz wrote: »
    > >
    > > @Karallyne How do you know these life stages do not add gameplay when you haven't even seen it? Kinda sounds vague to me.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What sounds vague about it to you? This topic was about the OP's idea of implementing new life stages specifically (not implementing lifestages in general, so I don't know why you're trying to overtake it for your own agenda), and in their own idea they said themselves that no gameplay would be added. I didn't pull the statement out of thin air, I simply offered my criticism on their idea.
    > >
    > > I don't get how something explicitly stated and explained can be interpreted as vague.
    >
    > Well, it is a bit unclear to me how something that doesn't exists yet and you say it doesn't add anything?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I'll say it again. We are here in this topic to evaluate Huiiie_07's idea on how new lifestages should be implemented. (Not lifestage implementation in general).
    >
    > In Huiiie_07's own words regarding their own idea: ...but wouldn't have unique gameplay
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > can you explain to me what it is you aren't understanding? Because frankly I don't get it. How can you sit and say that someone's proposed idea, which they do not intend to add gameplay, will add gameplay? If you have an idea on adding new lifestages in a way that would add gameplay, the beauty of that is that you can go and make your own topic about it, instead of hijacking one that doesn't have the same purpose.

Hijacking isn't a good word to use. Do you remember what happened on 9/11? Anyway, I wish to make my own topic but I can't just yet. I guess I did not read through about gameplay.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited September 2017
    @Huiiie_07 To the people who are against or on the fence about Preteens can I ask where are people wanting Pre-teens because of the height difference? I for one don't I wanted the Pre-teens lifestage since Sims 2 so imagine my wait time. Also teens 'acted' like teens in Sims 2. I for one like the Sims 4 teens I didn't a problem with them before Parenthood nor do I see a problem after.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited September 2017
    One of the reasons I'm against is because after all that animating the stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs would take longer to be released. Right now we have one expansion pack this year, but if all these life stages were in the game, there may be years where we get no expansion packs, 1 game pack and 3 stuff packs and all due to animating.
    When we got toddlers, the Get to Work expansion pack allowed alien toddlers and adds a new alien diaper for them. That's it. They can't join in clubs, they can't blow the bubbles and more from previous stuff, game and expansion packs. If the new life stages were added to fill in the gaps of existing ones, they must be animated in order for them to use these objects. Lazy work here will lead to awkward animations. Also think about all these hair styles and clothing. If these new life stages are added, they will immediately need more clothing. Or will they share with younger/older life stage.
    That's why I don't believe they would be in The Sims 4. They might take up this challenge in The Sims 5, but that makes me worry about the CAS items as the older games show that female adult sims get the most clothing.
    Sorry for this negative comment.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »
    One of the reasons I'm against is because after all that animating the stuff packs, game packs and expansion packs would take longer to be released. Right now we have one expansion pack this year, but if all these life stages were in the game, there may be years where we get no expansion packs, 1 game pack and 3 stuff packs and all due to animating.
    When we got toddlers, the Get to Work expansion pack allowed alien toddlers and adds a new alien diaper for them. That's it. They can't join in clubs, they can't blow the bubbles and more from previous stuff, game and expansion packs. If the new life stages were added to fill in the gaps of existing ones, they must be animated in order for them to use these objects. Lazy work here will lead to awkward animations. Also think about all these hair styles and clothing. If these new life stages are added, they will immediately need more clothing. Or will they share with younger/older life stage.
    That's why I don't believe they would be in The Sims 4. They might take up this challenge in The Sims 5, but that makes me worry about the CAS items as the older games show that female adult sims get the most clothing.
    Sorry for this negative comment.

They said Preteens were possible. I dunno though.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I just see them as unnecessary and taking away resources that could be added to other lifestages and packs. If we have preteens, we'll get less clothes, objects, gameplay etc. Preteens are simply short teens. There's nothing exclusive or unique to their age group that teens (or even kids) don't already do.
  • Options
    AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    If it doesn't really add to the gameplay, I don't see a reason for it to be added in.
  • Options
    Mels123Mels123 Posts: 8 New Member
    I actually really like this idea. That’s exactly what I want- just a way to have a bunch of kids in a family without them all looking the same age.

I have to admit, there’s nothing in terms of gameplay I’m dying to get from another life stage. It’s not about the way the family functions, it’s about how it looks and feels.
  • Options
    Mels123Mels123 Posts: 8 New Member
    [quote="Mels123;c-16319360"]I actually really like this idea. That’s exactly what I want- just a way to have a bunch of kids in a family without them all looking the same age.

I have to admit, there’s nothing in terms of gameplay I’m dying to get from another life stage. It’s not about the way the family functions, it’s about how it looks and feels. [/quote]

Just to add to this, I wouldn’t be at all upset if new gameplay options WERE added. I’d definitely enjoy them. But I do see how this is much easier to implement and hopefully more realistic in terms of developers being able to accomplish!

That said, a 6 year old is very, very different than a 12 year old, and NOT the same way a young adult is different than an adult. I don’t think it’s necessarily the best solution, but I’d be okay with it if it was the only way to get another life stage!
  • Options
    TentacrocaclesTentacrocacles Posts: 449 Member
    I do disagree with OPs statement that preteens as a life state don't have much to add gameplay wise.

But I do still like the idea of their filler life states. I mean it's a good middle ground between getting it and not getting it.
    As for why I think preteens/middle aged has something to add gameplay wise. There's a heap of things you experience in that "tween" phase that you don't experience as a young child/older teen. Puberty begins and whilst I don't see them giving us a full playthrough of puberty (Coz lets face it, who on earth wants to go into that detail?) there's something to be said for that awkward in between phase where you just look all kinds of wrong.

Getting crushes could also be a part of this, as the "child" life state doesn't have crushes but it wouldn't make sense for the teen life state because by the time you're close to young adulthood you tend to stop getting crushes every other week.

This could work something like phases did in parenthood.

These are just a few suggestions for that lifestate but I do see a lot of overall potential, and hey, you don't know if it's a bad idea unless you fully explore and implement it.

As for the midlife stage. The phases could pop back up again here as a mid life crises, they could have interactions with the mirror like "pluck or dye grey hairs"
    and potential negative side effects like turning their hair some horrible shade of green or turning their grey bits bright pink, or losing an eyebrow (something my mother in law did recently actually) this one would be ok for a more in between one I guess but it could certainly be built upon, it would be interesting and new thats for sure.

As for babies I think we do need an in between life state that comes after the newborn one but before the toddler one where the baby learns to crawl and babble and things like that, but we could also fix that by unlocking the babies from the crib and adding some prams and stuff like that.
    A link to my most recent build in the gallery

tumblr_inline_okebxv2e9a1shjovd_1280.png
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    I'm interested in preteens because of the height issue mentioned in the first post here. I don't necessarily need more gameplay for them or anything. Just teenagers who have a height somewhere in between children and young adults (like we saw in previous installments). If I had a say in it, the current teenagers would be deleted and we would get smaller ones instead. I suppose they gave teenagers their current height because of practical reasons but I'm not enjoying them at all this way.
  • Options
    LiesSim wrote: »
    I'm interested in preteens because of the height issue mentioned in the first post here. I don't necessarily need more gameplay for them or anything. Just teenagers who have a height somewhere in between children and young adults (like we saw in previous installments). If I had a say in it, the current teenagers would be deleted and we would get smaller ones instead. I suppose they gave teenagers their current height because of practical reasons but I'm not enjoying them at all this way.

That's actually the only reason I would like to have some additional younger teen state. Even though the height of the teens doesn't bother me, the problem is more the transition between child and teen that doesn't look very smooth due to the height difference between these two life stages. However, I don't think the devs will change anything of the teens appearance wise anymore after they changed their faces a bit to look younger (you can see it on game-generated teens), because some people like the teens as they are (me included, I think they look more like teens while the teens in previous games looked more like 13 year olds).

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Thirteen year olds are teens. ;)

I take your meaning, though. You prefer an older teen? I think that's where young adults kind of come in. In a way, they could have filled that gap from older teen through college and into the early years of child-rearing. That's kind of how they were used in previous games. YAs were college students. In TS4, I don't understand their purpose.

I wish that we would have had younger looking teens and that YAs had been given things, like college, entry-level jobs, etc. to differentiate them from older Sims. Right now, that age plus adults is superfluous. Really, it's just a sleight of hand to make us think that there are separate age groups when there really aren't. Teenager/YA/Adult. They're all the same in TS4.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    Thirteen year olds are teens. ;)

I take your meaning, though. You prefer an older teen? I think that's where young adults kind of come in. In a way, they could have filled that gap from older teen through college and into the early years of child-rearing. That's kind of how they were used in previous games. YAs were college students. In TS4, I don't understand their purpose.

I wish that we would have had younger looking teens and that YAs had been given things, like college, entry-level jobs, etc. to differentiate them from older Sims. Right now, that age plus adults is superfluous. Really, it's just a sleight of hand to make us think that there are separate age groups when there really aren't. Teenager/YA/Adult. They're all the same in TS4.

By definition yes, but I mostly don't see them as teens due to how they act and look. I don't know, thirteen year olds look more like children to me (and act like children too in most cases). The age I first recognize people as teens is 14 or 15 - but everyone sees it differently and there were so many discussions about this topic already.

YAs were college students in TS2, that's why they added them. However, this wasn't the case in TS3, due to the fact that they were there from the base game on. If I'm serious, I can't see any additional gameplay YAs have and what differentiates them from adults either... Young Adults are, since TS3, a filler life stage too. So why not just add preteens and middle aged adults? It would just be an aesthetic thing like YAs. They could even just add them in the last patch for TS4 in a couple years so they don't waste recources on them while developing the game.

And what you said, that YAs, Teens and adults are all the same...yeah that's right, but the difficult part is: What really differeciates them in real life? It's quite obvious that the TS4 teens are meant to be older. Teens with 16+ years really don't act or look this different form young adults. In my class at school are people from 16 up to 20+, and I can't really see a difference in the way they act.

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sheesh, I'm getting old. Did YAs come in the TS3 base game? I thought that they came with Uni, like TS2?

In any case, as before, I understand and agree with your point. I don't care for the huge leaps in time that take place either. I would like teens to become smaller or to add another age that can somewhat bridge the gap between the children and those very adult-like teens.

Right now, I'm about to age up a child in the game. He's been a child for two real-life years. However, I'm loathe to do it because I don't want him to turn into a giant man-child. It will feel like I've somehow glossed over all of his years of growing up. Yet, if I leave him as he is and then I age up the sibling who was born years after him, both kids will appear to be the same age. Twinsies. Bah.

For me, the most obvious solution would have been to have smaller teens from the get go. Teens who are distinct, fun, and still learning the ways of the world. If that had happened, the community wouldn't have needed to have this same discussion, again and again. However, that ship has sailed, never to come this way again -- not in The Sims 4, at least. I think that we're stuck with what we have.

Edited to add: Sure enough YAs came with the TS3 base game. How could I forget when I made a copy of my TS4 family in TS3 not that long ago? Meh. ::grumble::

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited February 2018
    I really don't understand why people are against pre-teens. I mean we have young and middle-aged adults that have no difference between them besides some wrinkles and yet people are okay with this but pre-teens would be a different height and could have different things for them to do.
    Pre-teens-
    Preteens have a lot of energy, short attention spans and are fast approaching the teenage years. They’re going through major changes in every area of their lives: socially, physically, spiritually and mentally. When you put a group of them together, expect the unexpected.
    • Have a crush where kids can't and teens already can mess around where pre-teens wouldn't be able to
    • Have sleeps overs and play those cheesy party games like seven minutes in heaven or spin the bottle where kids would be too young and the teens we have would be over that phase already and think those types of games are silly
    • Pre-teens tend to get embarrassed easily and care a lot more about what their peers think of them whereas the teens we have now look to be seventeen- nineteen and usually by this age people no longer care what others think about them.
    • They are trying to figure out who they are while feeling so many different emotions and usually don't know how to control them whereas the older teens have more control over their emotions.
    • Here are key things that pre-teens are dealing with moodiness, rebelliousness, perfectionism, need for approval.
    • They could have their own lingo like in real life where they have their own simlish version of talking to their friends.

I can see where people would think these things could easily be attached to teens but really the teens look like adults and act like adults that they don't feel like teens at all and even with parenthood it just feels like something is missing. I would like to see pre-teens make an appearance with their own traits and quirkiness.

Traits could be
    • Class Clown - The kid who's also cracking jokes and can't take anything seriously.
    • Goody Two Shoes - These sims seem to always make the right choices even with peer pressure. They usually have close relationships with their family members and friends.
    • Nerd - They care a lot about their schoolwork. Some may be socially impaired, however, most have friends who share the same interests. They prefer video games, studying, and reading instead of playing sports or going to large social events.
    • Punk - tend to have small amounts of friends and trouble interacting with others, they can be seen as dark or depressed. Like to stay to themselves and get into trouble. More rebellious.
    • Sporty- These sims lovee being outdoors and playing sports of any kind. They usually are outgoing and make friends fast.
    • Shy - These sims are quiet and don't really feel like they belong anywhere. It takes them longer to make friends but when they do their friendships last longer.
    • Leader- These kids have confidence, integrity, and great communication skills. They stand up for others and make good friends.

These could be earned if the sims as a child didn't have good experiences or chosen.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I really don't understand why people are against pre-teens. I mean we have young and middle-aged adults that have no difference between them besides some wrinkles and yet people are okay with this but pre-teens would be a different height and could have different things for them to do.
    Pre-teens-
    Preteens have a lot of energy, short attention spans and are fast approaching the teenage years. They’re going through major changes in every area of their lives: socially, physically, spiritually and mentally. When you put a group of them together, expect the unexpected.
    • Have a crush where kids can't and teens already can mess around where pre-teens wouldn't be able to
    • Have sleeps overs and play those cheesy party games like seven minutes in heaven or spin the bottle where kids would be too young and the teens we have would be over that phase already and think those types of games are silly
    • Pre-teens tend to get embarrassed easily and care a lot more about what their peers think of them whereas the teens we have now look to be seventeen- nineteen and usually by this age people no longer care what others think about them.
    • They are trying to figure out who they are while feeling so many different emotions and usually don't know how to control them whereas the older teens have more control over their emotions.
    • Here are key things that pre-teens are dealing with moodiness, rebelliousness, perfectionism, need for approval.
    • They could have their own lingo like in real life where they have their own simlish version of talking to their friends.

I can see where people would think these things could easily be attached to teens but really the teens look like adults and act like adults that they don't feel like teens at all and even with parenthood it just feels like something is missing. I would like to see pre-teens make an appearance with their own traits and quirkiness.

Traits could be
    • Class Clown - The kid who's also cracking jokes and can't take anything seriously.
    • Goody Two Shoes - These sims seem to always make the right choices even with peer pressure. They usually have close relationships with their family members and friends.
    • Nerd - They care a lot about their schoolwork. Some may be socially impaired, however, most have friends who share the same interests. They prefer video games, studying, and reading instead of playing sports or going to large social events.
    • Punk - tend to have small amounts of friends and trouble interacting with others, they can be seen as dark or depressed. Like to stay to themselves and get into trouble. More rebellious.
    • Sporty- These sims lovee being outdoors and playing sports of any kind. They usually are outgoing and make friends fast.
    • Shy - These sims are quiet and don't really feel like they belong anywhere. It takes them longer to make friends but when they do their friendships last longer.
    • Leader- These kids have confidence, integrity, and great communication skills. They stand up for others and make good friends.

These could be earned if the sims as a child didn't have good experiences or chosen.

@auroraael14 Well one thing and I'm going out on a limb here and assume you know middle schools I was in a disagreement with a fellow simmers saying they didn't know anything about middle school since in their school it's primary and secondary school no middle or junior high and middle it's generally an American thing. See to myself and quite others probably feel like Preteens should matter because of that very reason it's like they are skipping the most important part from being a kid to a teenager.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    you could just as easily give the 'crushes" to children, children and teens can both have sleepovers, teens with the Parenting pack already have mood swings as do children, and those 'traits" could be applied to both children and teens
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    They could but look at young and middle ages adults they also have all the same things and people like having two separate life stages for them. They share the same clothes, hairstyles, walk styles, aspirations, and traits. At least with pre-teens, they would be a different height, different clothes, and we already have special traits for kids and teens share the same with young and middle-aged adults, so pre-teens would have their own. See pre-teens could be a whole different life stage that experience different things. Like I said before kids, pre-teens, and teenagers could all have sleepovers but depending on the age they want to do different things at the sleepover and have different goals just like in real life. They can all have mood swings from time to time but pre-teens would experience them more often and would be tied to their traits. I have kids ages ten and younger and I can tell you none of them care right now about having crushes but 11-13 or 14-year-olds do. They also care what their peers think of them. I could go on and on but I shouldn't have to explain why they mean so much to me. I don't have to explain why I want seasons, and education pack, stairs, or anything else because it's something I want. You don't have to want it. I've been wanting pre-teens since sims 2 because I feel like a big part of life is skipped. You don't go from being eight to being seventeen. So much happens between those two ages.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24