Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Robinson Collaborative Legacy OFFICIAL THREAD [2.0]

Comments

• Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Yep! I'm super excited about it. I'll probably be on gen 4 by then, lol. :D
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I haven't seen it but I saw play dates and that's enough for me!!! :love:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited August 2017
    Honestly, I was a little disappointed (but maybe that's because I'm in a bad mood right now). There doesn't seem to be a whole lot in the way of new hairstyles and clothes and interactions. Mostly it's just new toys.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. Maybe when they put it in the store and I can see all the new stuff, I'll feel better about it....
    Post edited by SimQueenie9 on
  • Options
    Right now, I'm so depressed I can't even play anymore. I hate myself for wasting my Sims' potential.
  • Options
    LadyLana1LadyLana1 Posts: 308 Member
    Ahw big hug @SimQueenie9
  • Options
    @LadyLana1 *hug* Q-Q
  • Options
    PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    @SimQueenie9 Your Sims are there to support you and help you don't feel guilty. They love everything you throw/or don't throw at them. :) I hope the cloud lifts a bit tomorrow for you.

I have not been on my Elise Robinson Legacy since I deleted my house to make a bigger one. Just after my first gen died. I can't decide if I should start with a new save and a copy of Elises girls or... do something else for now?

I was inspired by @Rainydayz179 alien tot Nova and contemplating 100 alien babies.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Plushisim: It's just that everyone's family seems to be so much more successful than mine, topping careers, maxing skills....It seems like I focus on one Sim at the expense of all the others just to get anything done with them. :(

Are you quitting on us? ;~;
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    @Plushisim: It's just that everyone's family seems to be so much more successful than mine, topping careers, maxing skills....It seems like I focus on one Sim at the expense of all the others just to get anything done with them. :(

Are you quitting on us? ;~;

Try not to compare to other sims. Yours are awesome! A lot of people here are pretty far along in their legacies too. I know I feel like mine are so behind sometimes. But then I think as long as im having fun that's all that matters
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    GigglecakeGigglecake Posts: 114 Member
    Ooooh! A collaborative legacy? That sounds fun! Can I give it a try? Are we playing with normal legacy rules?
  • Options
    @Gigglecake: Define "normal legacy rules". :3
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 Oh. That's a good point. Um, I generally play with Pinstar's Legacy challenge rules. Are we doing that? Or is it an anything goes kind of legacy?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I might start again with a new save. I missed out on counting so many points because this was my first legacy. Hence I got a little overwhelmed when we have master ninja legacy members in this collaboration. :dizzy:

@gigglecake I was doing Pinstar Strict Matriarchy. Some members customized Elise and some people left her as she was.

• Options
    @Plushisim Ooooh, there's a point system? Also, do we need City Living in order to play Elise? I noticed the Elise Robinson listed is a vegetarian, and I don't have that pack yet. :disappointed:
  • Options
    We are a mixed bag. Some people are scoring religiously and others are playing for fun.
    I was trying to follow the official one: https://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims-4-legacy-challenge-rules-scoring-bulletpoint-format/

I know some members changed traits and I think one even changed the Aspiration. I think it is cool what ever you want to do or whatever packs you have. The main point is the shared experience.

• Options
    Oooooooh... Hmmm. Could I play an evil Elise, then?
  • Options
    That sounds fun :)
  • Options
    @Gigglecake I'm not doing a scored (pinstar) legacy. And I think there was someone else who changed a trait on Elise, so if you don't have the pack, just pick another and you're good to go :)

@SimQueenie9 don't worry about other sims and stories etc! Just play the way you want and how you like it. I for myself like being efficient, so I find ways to quickly get where I want. Also, I love playing medium to big families so I am used to playing with multiple sims in the house, even if I focus on one. I dont know your style, but just go with what you do and we will all look at it and think ooooh I like how she plays, I wish I played like that. Everyone does it differently :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    @Gigglecake: The only rule is to do a Strict Matriarchy with Elise Robinson. XD Other than that, you're pretty much free to do what you like. And no one can fault you for not making her a Vegetarian if you can't. Maybe Foodie, Good, or Loves the Outdoors is the closest equivalent?

Also, you don't need to keep track of score if you don't want to.
  • Options
    On another note, for those who voted Alexis at my page, here's a picture of her side. *wonders how many people will change sides lol*

L0FygS8.png
  • Options
    @LadyLana1: Except for her lower lip sticking out a bit, she looks a lot like Elise. O-O
  • Options
    I had to change a number of things because downloading Elise made her bald and half-naked and stuff. LOL I was tempted to keep the bald, but I decided to give her hair. And glasses. And I gave her the evil trait in place of the vegetarian trait. But other than that, I changed nothing else!
  • Options
    @Gigglecake: ^w^ Can't wait to read about your Elise!
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member

Gigglecake wrote: »
    I had to change a number of things because downloading Elise made her bald and half-naked and stuff. LOL I was tempted to keep the bald, but I decided to give her hair. And glasses. And I gave her the evil trait in place of the vegetarian trait. But other than that, I changed nothing else!

I'm excited to see your evil Elise!!
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Wow, I'm gone most of the day and come back to tons of posts here! Welcome @Gigglecake I can't wait to see what your Elise gets up to! Evil should be very entertaining. >:)

@Plushisim Are you really going to start over? If you like aliens you should try the Xenophilia challenge.

@SimQueenie9 Sorry you're having a bad day. *hugs* I know exactly how you feel. When I read SimLit, real SimLit not the stuff I do, it makes me feel like what I do is garbage. But despite that people keep reading my garbage, lol. The important part is to have fun and not worry about what others are doing. Personally, I'm a challenge addict. I get bored very fast with regular play. I need goals and stuff to keep my interest.

@LadyLana1 I don't think we can change sides, lol. She needs to meet a really handsome guy! Is she the winner?

Eek! I hope I got everyone. I had to take some time away from the computer because I somehow convinced myself starting generation 3 with a story would be fun. What the heck I was thinking I don't know! It was horrible. Two sim days of absolute torture! I was about to punch the screen if one more sim did something plum. The worst part is I've got at least a few more sim days to play this darned story out now that I've started it. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry. And with that, I have to go figure out how to piece together a chapter from all these screenshots. :(