Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

lastException Help?

I'm having trouble with City Living festivals. The only time script errors come up is while I'm at a festival, and I'm not savvy enough to figure out the problem myself. Here are the errors copied from my lastException file. I've already tried using tutorials etc. but I haven't found one that's in-depth enough for me to understand. Can someone just let me know what's going wrong and how to fix it?

Comments

• Options
    FlanodaaFlanodaa Posts: 56 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    What is occurring in your game when the issues occur?

It starts out with certain festival objects not functioning/being non-interactive, and if I continue playing afterward, it causes UI issues.
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    @Flanodaa Have you tried repairing game?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps, if the issues are still occurring . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    FlanodaaFlanodaa Posts: 56 Member
    james64468 wrote: »
    @Flanodaa Have you tried repairing game?

Yes, I've already tried repairing my game
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited July 2017
    This happened in my game last night at the Spice Festival. As soon as my Sim entered the lot I got a lastException and one more after that. If you leave the festival early then you run the risk of glitching festivals so I had my Sim stay until the end.

After he got home, I logged out of the game and ran the usual routine of removing the Mods folder and repairing the game. Now it's generating exceptions related to the talking toilet which I am removing from the homes that have them.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make some sense out of the lastException files. I have very little cc in my game so it's easy to take it out. But still.

Edit to add: I plan to remove talking toilets out of buildings near festival areas too.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Monaveil wrote: »
    This happened in my game last night at the Spice Festival. As soon as my Sim entered the lot I got a lastException and one more after that. If you leave the festival early then you run the risk of glitching festivals so I had my Sim stay until the end.

After he got home, I logged out of the game and ran the usual routine of removing the Mods folder and repairing the game. Now it's generating exceptions related to the talking toilet which I am removing from the homes that have them.

I'm still trying to figure out how to make some sense out of the lastException files. I have very little cc in my game so it's easy to take it out. But still.

Edit to add: I plan to remove talking toilets out of buildings near festival areas too.

Hello
    It sounds like the talking toilet is causing the issues in your game. It is a good idea to remove those toilets in the festival areas and see if that helps.