Friday Highlights for September 21st are here! Head over here to check them out!
September 6 - It's Patch Day for The Sims 4 on Consoles Patch notes here.
Xbox One September 13 Patch notes are here.

Create-a-Career : Looking for beta-testers

1171819202123...Next

Comments

  • helen912helen912 Posts: 20 Member
    Dito. At the Moment I just have the Impression the tool has a life in ist own … :D
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 20 Member
    > @KeriJoy1973 said:
    I solved it by going to the browser setting and clearing the history for the day. I hope that a better option is able to be found though.

    Did not work out in my case. And the Problems vary: one time my whole Career is gone. Next time Career Branches appear as Careers. Very, very strange. Paranormal!
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 20 Member
    My first Career and all in all first Mod is on now - Neia, thank you so much! Works great!
  • roBurkroBurk Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you for this tool, Neia. It must have been a lot of work!
    Do you keep a log of the changes you make? Or somewhere I can subscribe to be notified when the tool is updated? I would gladly subscribe to a patreon or similar for something like that.
  • PRSJMSPRSJMS Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2
    Thank you for this tool! I was just wondering why there's no social media skill options? I really want to incorporate that into a type of celebrity career I'm making but realised it's not on the list of objectives
    Post edited by PRSJMS on
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 93 Member
    edited September 2
    I do web design & development for a living, and I have done beta testing for my favorite WordPress theme, but the code web design/development has some overlapping similarities but is also apples and oranges (PC vs Mac)... Anyway, I love simming, and play on an iMac. If I am able to choose 'new game' (sorry, I have not done that to date, so I am not sure how it works) and that folder would be the one used and separate (so there is not chance of glitching up my current game/worlds and so they do not overlap) I am willing to beta test in a new game/folder. :) Sounds like a great challenge!
    "Hope is the thing with feathers that perches on the soul – and sings the tune without words – and never stops at all..." ― Emily D-i-c-k-inson (...had to get creative spelling out that last name... it kept becoming 'plum'). Lol!
  • AdamoadamAdamoadam Posts: 1 New Member
    A bunch of my custom careers stopped working after the 8/23 patch. Is there a way I can update them to get them working?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,164 Member
    edited September 14
    helen912 wrote: »
    Mayday, Mayday!

    I have a Problem with one step of the Career branches:
    Whatever I do, the Master of Mental Therapy's Texts do not show up in the window when they get promoted to it. I swear I saved the lyrics, and they show up in the tool, but just this one of three branches not in the game. Everything else is fine, but this one Career branch only shows the picture. I've edited it in the create-a-Career-tool now all night and half the next day, so about 20 times of trying out, I think. No, must been more ... feels like thousands ...

    I'd like to get you a screenshot of it. But just mentioning that I do not know how ... anyway.

    I mean, I really learned plum a lot last night and even get faster; but this drives me crazy, and I do not know how to solve.


    Yours, tired, helene912

    So that's the description of the track that don't show up when you need to select a track ?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,164 Member
    roBurk wrote: »
    Thank you for this tool, Neia. It must have been a lot of work!
    Do you keep a log of the changes you make? Or somewhere I can subscribe to be notified when the tool is updated? I would gladly subscribe to a patreon or similar for something like that.

    When the tool is updated, I add a message on the front page of the tool and I also post in this thread, you can bookmark it and it should notify you when there are new posts. I may post it on Twitter too if that's more convenient to keep track of.
    PRSJMS wrote: »
    Thank you for this tool! I was just wondering why there's no social media skill options? I really want to incorporate that into a type of celebrity career I'm making but realised it's not on the list of objectives

    You can only choose skills that already exist in the game, and there's no social media skill, it's part of Charisma.
    helen912 wrote: »
    An additional Question: How much time can it take till the POPUP window with the DL will arrive? And what if the POPUP does not Pop up at all?

    There's no popup, you'll find the Downlaod link on the My careers page once the export is done.
    Adamoadam wrote: »
    A bunch of my custom careers stopped working after the 8/23 patch. Is there a way I can update them to get them working?

    I'll take a look.
  • moondansrmoondansr Posts: 11 New Member
    I think I'm doing something wrong, or the new version of Python is different. I moved my file Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py to my Python folder C:\Users\dawns\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32 and then entered the command C://Users/dawns/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python37-32/Python.exe -O in the command prompt window. Followed by import Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.py and got the error about No module named 'service' which I've read is normal.

    But

    In my __pycache__ folder I have a file now named Moondansr_Careers_Swimming.cpython-37.opt-1.pyc which isn't a .pyo file. I read online that it isn't the same thing but no matter what I do that's all I can get. Will this .pyc file work?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,164 Member
    @moondansr
    A .pyc is a compiled file, a .pyo is compiled and optimized. It's the -O at the end of the command line (Python.exe -O) to get a .pyo, so make sure you're aren't missing it. But a .pyc will work just fine too, so don't worry.
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 197 Member
    Oh this is a nice tool. Curious are there plans to make an application (no internet) variant of the tool or plans to add any missing career features? (E.g. Chance cards)

    Sorry if you've been asked this a million times, I assume you probably have regardless though nice work!
  • moondansrmoondansr Posts: 11 New Member
    Thank you for the reply! I've double triple checked and the -O is definitely there. It even remains at the top of the command window so it's obviously aware I've used it. Very strange.

    I have a new problem. When I first made the career I didn't know what I was doing and I've ended up deleting an entire track and recreating it. Everything looks right here but during testing I'm getting the description for Coast Guard (part of the Pro Swimmer track) under Olympic Swimmer and then under Pro Swimmer I'm getting Endorser (which should be under Olympic Swimmer) and the description is blank. Everything looks right in the Create-A-Career. I can only think there is something amiss in the coding when I export.
  • Haleybp4Haleybp4 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello. Just a quick question, I was playing around with this tool the other day. Is it possible to make a part time career with it? If so how?
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,164 Member
    Oh this is a nice tool. Curious are there plans to make an application (no internet) variant of the tool or plans to add any missing career features? (E.g. Chance cards)

    Sorry if you've been asked this a million times, I assume you probably have regardless though nice work!

    I'd like to add new features other time. I don't have any plan for an offline variant of the tool.
    moondansr wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply! I've double triple checked and the -O is definitely there. It even remains at the top of the command window so it's obviously aware I've used it. Very strange.

    I have a new problem. When I first made the career I didn't know what I was doing and I've ended up deleting an entire track and recreating it. Everything looks right here but during testing I'm getting the description for Coast Guard (part of the Pro Swimmer track) under Olympic Swimmer and then under Pro Swimmer I'm getting Endorser (which should be under Olympic Swimmer) and the description is blank. Everything looks right in the Create-A-Career. I can only think there is something amiss in the coding when I export.

    Thanks for the bug report. I'll take a look !
    Haleybp4 wrote: »
    Hello. Just a quick question, I was playing around with this tool the other day. Is it possible to make a part time career with it? If so how?

    Not at the moment. You can choose to make work days rather short if you want, but it will behave just like a normal career in game.
  • mzabsmzabs Posts: 71 Member
    How do I add bonuses and descriptions to a new level?
    www.youtube.com/m3wlissa
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 20 Member
    > @Neia said:
    > helen912 wrote: »
    >
    > Mayday, Mayday!
    >
    > I have a Problem with one step of the Career branches:
    > Whatever I do, the Master of Mental Therapy's Texts do not show up in the window when they get promoted to it. I swear I saved the lyrics, and they show up in the tool, but just this one of three branches not in the game. Everything else is fine, but this one Career branch only shows the picture. I've edited it in the create-a-Career-tool now all night and half the next day, so about 20 times of trying out, I think. No, must been more ... feels like thousands ...
    >
    > I'd like to get you a screenshot of it. But just mentioning that I do not know how ... anyway.
    >
    > I mean, I really learned plum a lot last night and even get faster; but this drives me crazy, and I do not know how to solve.
    >
    >
    > Yours, tired, helene912
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > So that's the description of the track that don't show up when you need to select a track ?


    Yes, that's what it looked like. I built the Career a second time, now it works out well. :)
  • helen912helen912 Posts: 20 Member
    > helen912 wrote: »
    >
    > An additional Question: How much time can it take till the POPUP window with the DL will arrive? And what if the POPUP does not Pop up at all?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no popup, you'll find the Downlaod link on the My careers page once the export is done.
    > Adamoadam wrote: »
    >
    Haha, this explains a lot. LOL Okay, works perfectly. Thank you so much for all your Patient answers. :)))
  • OneandqualityOneandquality Posts: 1 New Member
    I cannot take a vacation day using the beta careers, anyone have a fix?
  • Haleybp4Haleybp4 Posts: 4 New Member
    @Neia First and foremost, this tool is amazing thank you!!

    I do have a question though, I have noticed in some of my careers such as my Self Employed where I have multiple tracks that when I load it in game some of the titles and descriptions are missing when selecting a track, or the icons and pictures are showing with the wrong track, even though I quadruple checked they are right in the tool. Any advice?
  • cry0wr1ghtcry0wr1ght Posts: 12 New Member
    Good day. I have to report several bugs that I came across with recently (yesterday and today).
    1) Right now such buttons as 'edit' and 'add track' don't work. As I click on them, it transfers me to a blank page.
    2) Yesterday, I encountered one major issue after I tried to change the icon of my career. Even though I've been downloading it, it turned out to be the old one. Refreshing that page or waiting for it to load didn't work out – it remained the same as before.
    3) Consequently, when I left the icon managing page, new branches (not tracks) appeared. There were two of them, and both duplicated the main branch + my own branches that I created myself. I was stupid enough to ignore the fact that it was a beta version, then try and delete the duplicates, thus erasing all work progress, i.e. every field I filled with text became empty. Yes, for some reason, the main track and my own branches disappeared along with those duplicates as I clicked 'Delete' on one (not both) of them.
    Note: I cleared cookies in my browser and checked for the issues once again. They were there.
    This is everything so far. I'm glad that I found this Create-A-Career because it makes things a lot easier for me as for the beginner. All bugs are part of the process. I hope that my post helps you.
  • cry0wr1ghtcry0wr1ght Posts: 12 New Member
    UPDATE: I deleted my previous career since it was all gone anyway. I created a new one with the same name. I created the same old tracks and added branches. Before that, I tried to download the icon for the career, and that was the moment after multiple duplicated branches appear. After that, I deleted and created it again the same way and tried to download icon for the branches. Both worked perfectly without any issues.

    So, there seems to be a conflict as I download the icon for the career, or the main track. It causes multiple branches to appear, while setting up icons for branches doesn't do any harm.
  • Haleybp4Haleybp4 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @cry0wr1ght said:
    > Good day. I have to report several bugs that I came across with recently (yesterday and today).
    > 1) Right now such buttons as 'edit' and 'add track' don't work. As I click on them, it transfers me to a blank page.
    > 2) Yesterday, I encountered one major issue after I tried to change the icon of my career. Even though I've been downloading it, it turned out to be the old one. Refreshing that page or waiting for it to load didn't work out – it remained the same as before.
    > 3) Consequently, when I left the icon managing page, new branches (not tracks) appeared. There were two of them, and both duplicated the main branch + my own branches that I created myself. I was stupid enough to ignore the fact that it was a beta version, then try and delete the duplicates, thus erasing all work progress, i.e. every field I filled with text became empty. Yes, for some reason, the main track and my own branches disappeared along with those duplicates as I clicked 'Delete' on one (not both) of them.
    > Note: I cleared cookies in my browser and checked for the issues once again. They were there.
    > This is everything so far. I'm glad that I found this Create-A-Career because it makes things a lot easier for me as for the beginner. All bugs are part of the process. I hope that my post helps you.

    I can't speak to the first item, as I am new at the tool myself. But I have encountered the second issue myself. I believe that it takes time for the server to update the changes. Try updating the picture or icon and go back and check in 5-10 minutes. It should have updated by then.
  • cry0wr1ghtcry0wr1ght Posts: 12 New Member
    > @Haleybp4 said:
    > > @cry0wr1ght said:
    > > Good day. I have to report several bugs that I came across with recently (yesterday and today).
    > > 1) Right now such buttons as 'edit' and 'add track' don't work. As I click on them, it transfers me to a blank page.
    > > 2) Yesterday, I encountered one major issue after I tried to change the icon of my career. Even though I've been downloading it, it turned out to be the old one. Refreshing that page or waiting for it to load didn't work out – it remained the same as before.
    > > 3) Consequently, when I left the icon managing page, new branches (not tracks) appeared. There were two of them, and both duplicated the main branch + my own branches that I created myself. I was stupid enough to ignore the fact that it was a beta version, then try and delete the duplicates, thus erasing all work progress, i.e. every field I filled with text became empty. Yes, for some reason, the main track and my own branches disappeared along with those duplicates as I clicked 'Delete' on one (not both) of them.
    > > Note: I cleared cookies in my browser and checked for the issues once again. They were there.
    > > This is everything so far. I'm glad that I found this Create-A-Career because it makes things a lot easier for me as for the beginner. All bugs are part of the process. I hope that my post helps you.
    >
    > I can't speak to the first item, as I am new at the tool myself. But I have encountered the second issue myself. I believe that it takes time for the server to update the changes. Try updating the picture or icon and go back and check in 5-10 minutes. It should have updated by then.

    Thank you for the reply. I will remember that. However, a few moments ago I experimented and figured out that downloading an icon for the main track/career causes another major issue to appear. It duplicates the main track into two branches, and deleting those also erases the main track. I'm redoing my career right now, and until I try to download an icon for the main track, everything is safe and sound.
  • Haleybp4Haleybp4 Posts: 4 New Member
    @cry0wr1ght

    I can't say I have ever had that issue, but as you can see above I have had my fair share of problems too. I think sometimes the career becomes corrupt. I recommend copying all of your descriptions and track settings into a word document and redoing it. It's a pain I know but this has resolved some of my issues.
1171819202123...Next
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top