Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets EP expectations list and reality

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    Playable pets is a MUST HAVE for me. I know the majority doesn't want that, so it probably won't happen but I'm hoping.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Playable pets is a MUST HAVE for me. I know the majority doesn't want that, so it probably won't happen but I'm hoping.

I don't know it's majority I think it is pretty close. Either way I completely agree.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    I decided to put together a list of expectations I've got for the sims 4 pets EP. I'm considering that it's a game from 2017 and that it has taken forever. Once the game is released I will see how many things from the list actually made it into the game. I will add some of your ideas if I think they belong in this EP as well.

List

- Playable pets: dogs, cats and horses
    - Pets CAS: breeds, fur, ears, tales, eyes, skin details, accessories (collars, outfits, hair accessories, horse stuff)
    - Traits: at least 7 to pick from and pets will have 2 traits.
    - Pet stages: puppy/kitten/baby horse, adult and elder

- New sim traits: dog lover, cat lover, allergic to cats, animal lover, hates animals
    - Aspiration: Horse trainer superstar, cat lady and dogs best friend, miniature zoo
    - CAS style: Rural and special outfits relates to equestrians

- New rural world

- Build mode: Building a stable
    - Buy mode: Rural objects, small pets you get to feed with different choices and play with. Bring sawing machines. Dog houses for indoors and outdoors, several cat toys and obstacles for horses. Nectar making.
    - Sims can use the computer to buy dog food and leashes to walk/jog with their dogs.

- Skills: equestrian, trainer, sawing, nectar making

- Animations: play fetch/frisbee, toddler and pets interactions, animals can swim, dogs and cats can sleep with owners, hay wohoo, several interactions with birds, training, horse training, playing with cats, cats can climb trees (they get stuck you rescue them), dogs chase mailman, dogs eat trash, dogs drink water from the toilet and pool, cats can destroy harvestables, cats chase mice, dogs and cats can destroy furniture, cats and dogs can scratch/bite, sims can carry small breeds and kittens and puppies, sims can train wild horses, bee keeping.

- Pet fairs: dog competionts, beauty contests, buy exclusive items (shirts, collars, food bowls), sims can sell puppies and kittens or give them up for adoption, sims can buy food.
    - Horse competitions.

Careers: Vets, firemen and cops (they can choose to have a pet sidekick)
    Others: You can take your horses and dogs with you around town and leave them outside community lots or have them join you outside certain places. For example: Coffee places. Pets can help you with collectibles and cats can help you fish.

Radio Stations: Country, R&B and Hip Hop

Bonus for EPs and GPs: active cops can have their dogs help them out for tasks. You can own a pet store. Dogs can annoy your neighbors. You can have a dog owner club. Pets can join you when you go on vacation.

Suggestions from the following simmers are also included:

@12JEREMIA
    @VentusMatt
    Love your ideas. Now I'm going to dump a ton of mine on you becaue I have been thinking about this a lot and have a ton :p
    Also a baby horse is called a colt. If you want to be more formal :) .

My suggestions:
    Trainable traits for pets similar to parenthood system

An exposure bar for kittens/puppies/and colts: this will determine if pets will be more tolerant of strangers latter in life and things like a failure to expose a pet to children may leave the pet with with a dislikes children trait.

Unique pet skills
    Hunting for cats and dogs
    Agility for cats and dogs
    Racing/speed for horses cats and dogs
    Jumping for horses
    Dogsled racing for dogs
    Fishing for cats
    Barrel racing for horses
    Dock jumping for dogs

Skill for sims
    Animal handling- how well a sim trains animals, handles small animals, and works in animal pens -mentioned in OP as trainer I think.
    Falconry skill- self explanatory
    Riding skill- how well a sim rides a horse- mentioned in OP as equestrian
    Croquet- sport skill
    Preserving- make jerky dried fruits jams and cheeses with this skill
    And I would like to expand nectar makeing to be brewing, then it can make nectar, sim beer, sim whisky, juice(as in actual fruit juice) etc. and other bevaragey things.

For rabbits and ferrets be able to run agility courses in competitions
    Talking skill for parrots
    Falconry for large birds
    Other small animals have a breeding system like frogs currently have

To add to pet fairs
    Have a formal breed system that recognizes up to 5 traits for a breed then hold competitions on best looking pets(to expand on your idea of a breed system)
    Have trick shows
    Have competitions relating to hunting, agility, sled racing, racing. jumping ect. all the pet skills basically
    Show off small animal collections at fairs and be able to do falconry, rabbit/ferrite agility and show case parrots talking skills.
    Become a part of a breed club then have your sim host a judging booth or build obstacles courses to judge competitions in.

Jobs
    Become an obedience trainer or a dog walker as a part time job

Animal jobs
    Companion pet
    Rescue pet
    Vermin control
    Police animal
    Animal star

Horses, dogs and cats all get to learn different tricks

New things/animations/socials
    Ride in sleds/carriages pulled by horses or dogs
    Toddler wagons that can be pulled by dogs or an older sim
    Go on hunts with your animals. Find meats and eggs, or smaller pets to keep. As well control pests and vermin on your lot.
    New gopher, racoon, deer, and fox vermin types. Racoons dump garbage and may steal harvestables off the bush. Gophers dig holes and in your yard. Foxes will impact animal pen production, and deer will eat and potentally kill crops.
    Various tools and systems to control new vermin types (traps, sensor systems that zap intruders, fences.)
    play croquet with other sims (both on the ground or on horseback)
    Have animals claim child and younger sims of their own. (when this happens they try to take care of these sims to the best of their ability and will get angry at any other sim or pet that tries to do a mean interaction with the claimed sim. Including the kids actual parents)

Other traits for sims:
    Allergic to dogs
    Allergic to horses
    - previously mentioned by @VentusMatt

Have animal pens for cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and goats that can hold up to ten of said animal. Take care of these and get meat, milk, and eggs which will be added as ingredient in recipies.
    Have feild plots, this will allow multipul plants of the same type be planted together. Function similar to animal pens but for plants.

Plough feilds with horses or more modern tech. Or by hand if you choose

New fish tanks, and small animal tanks that can hold more than one animal at a time. Including one for frogs.
    Out door aviary to go sit in and interact with the birds you have collected

New bull riding ride. Have your Sims try to stay on, athletic and riding skills boost performance

Might have more latter but I think this is plenty for right now.

Hey! I added most of your ideas :) I had to leave out sled cause im sure because we have no seasons it wont be possible. I also had to leave out food preserving and even my nectar making since they were ideas for eco living so they probably didn't make it to pets since its an earlier production. I included the deer and the racoon and i also named it "El Bandido" cause I think thats the name it was given in the original sims. I loved your ideas! Especially the farm ones, but I also had to leave them out cause I'm sure if we get farming it will have to be a GP :/ i wish i could have higher expectations.

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked some of them. I figured dog sleding and farming ideas might be cut but I hope one day I'll get to see them in the game in some form. I'm excited to see how this turns out, I think it is cool seeing what the communities expectations are and seeing how they match up to what is delivered.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member

I don't know it's majority I think it is pretty close. Either way I completely agree.
    I decided to put together a list of expectations I've got for the sims 4 pets EP. I'm considering that it's a game from 2017 and that it has taken forever. Once the game is released I will see how many things from the list actually made it into the game. I will add some of your ideas if I think they belong in this EP as well.

List

- Playable pets: dogs, cats and horses
    - Pets CAS: breeds, fur, ears, tales, eyes, skin details, accessories (collars, outfits, hair accessories, horse stuff)
    - Traits: at least 7 to pick from and pets will have 2 traits.
    - Pet stages: puppy/kitten/baby horse, adult and elder

- New sim traits: dog lover, cat lover, allergic to cats, animal lover, hates animals
    - Aspiration: Horse trainer superstar, cat lady and dogs best friend, miniature zoo
    - CAS style: Rural and special outfits relates to equestrians

- New rural world

- Build mode: Building a stable
    - Buy mode: Rural objects, small pets you get to feed with different choices and play with. Bring sawing machines. Dog houses for indoors and outdoors, several cat toys and obstacles for horses. Nectar making.
    - Sims can use the computer to buy dog food and leashes to walk/jog with their dogs.

- Skills: equestrian, trainer, sawing, nectar making

- Animations: play fetch/frisbee, toddler and pets interactions, animals can swim, dogs and cats can sleep with owners, hay wohoo, several interactions with birds, training, horse training, playing with cats, cats can climb trees (they get stuck you rescue them), dogs chase mailman, dogs eat trash, dogs drink water from the toilet and pool, cats can destroy harvestables, cats chase mice, dogs and cats can destroy furniture, cats and dogs can scratch/bite, sims can carry small breeds and kittens and puppies, sims can train wild horses, bee keeping.

- Pet fairs: dog competionts, beauty contests, buy exclusive items (shirts, collars, food bowls), sims can sell puppies and kittens or give them up for adoption, sims can buy food.
    - Horse competitions.

Careers: Vets, firemen and cops (they can choose to have a pet sidekick)
    Others: You can take your horses and dogs with you around town and leave them outside community lots or have them join you outside certain places. For example: Coffee places. Pets can help you with collectibles and cats can help you fish.

Radio Stations: Country, R&B and Hip Hop

Bonus for EPs and GPs: active cops can have their dogs help them out for tasks. You can own a pet store. Dogs can annoy your neighbors. You can have a dog owner club. Pets can join you when you go on vacation.

Suggestions from the following simmers are also included:

@12JEREMIA
    @VentusMatt
    Love your ideas. Now I'm going to dump a ton of mine on you becaue I have been thinking about this a lot and have a ton :p
    Also a baby horse is called a colt. If you want to be more formal :) .

My suggestions:
    Trainable traits for pets similar to parenthood system

An exposure bar for kittens/puppies/and colts: this will determine if pets will be more tolerant of strangers latter in life and things like a failure to expose a pet to children may leave the pet with with a dislikes children trait.

Unique pet skills
    Hunting for cats and dogs
    Agility for cats and dogs
    Racing/speed for horses cats and dogs
    Jumping for horses
    Dogsled racing for dogs
    Fishing for cats
    Barrel racing for horses
    Dock jumping for dogs

Skill for sims
    Animal handling- how well a sim trains animals, handles small animals, and works in animal pens -mentioned in OP as trainer I think.
    Falconry skill- self explanatory
    Riding skill- how well a sim rides a horse- mentioned in OP as equestrian
    Croquet- sport skill
    Preserving- make jerky dried fruits jams and cheeses with this skill
    And I would like to expand nectar makeing to be brewing, then it can make nectar, sim beer, sim whisky, juice(as in actual fruit juice) etc. and other bevaragey things.

For rabbits and ferrets be able to run agility courses in competitions
    Talking skill for parrots
    Falconry for large birds
    Other small animals have a breeding system like frogs currently have

To add to pet fairs
    Have a formal breed system that recognizes up to 5 traits for a breed then hold competitions on best looking pets(to expand on your idea of a breed system)
    Have trick shows
    Have competitions relating to hunting, agility, sled racing, racing. jumping ect. all the pet skills basically
    Show off small animal collections at fairs and be able to do falconry, rabbit/ferrite agility and show case parrots talking skills.
    Become a part of a breed club then have your sim host a judging booth or build obstacles courses to judge competitions in.

Jobs
    Become an obedience trainer or a dog walker as a part time job

Animal jobs
    Companion pet
    Rescue pet
    Vermin control
    Police animal
    Animal star

Horses, dogs and cats all get to learn different tricks

New things/animations/socials
    Ride in sleds/carriages pulled by horses or dogs
    Toddler wagons that can be pulled by dogs or an older sim
    Go on hunts with your animals. Find meats and eggs, or smaller pets to keep. As well control pests and vermin on your lot.
    New gopher, racoon, deer, and fox vermin types. Racoons dump garbage and may steal harvestables off the bush. Gophers dig holes and in your yard. Foxes will impact animal pen production, and deer will eat and potentally kill crops.
    Various tools and systems to control new vermin types (traps, sensor systems that zap intruders, fences.)
    play croquet with other sims (both on the ground or on horseback)
    Have animals claim child and younger sims of their own. (when this happens they try to take care of these sims to the best of their ability and will get angry at any other sim or pet that tries to do a mean interaction with the claimed sim. Including the kids actual parents)

Other traits for sims:
    Allergic to dogs
    Allergic to horses
    - previously mentioned by @VentusMatt

Have animal pens for cows, pigs, sheep, chickens, and goats that can hold up to ten of said animal. Take care of these and get meat, milk, and eggs which will be added as ingredient in recipies.
    Have feild plots, this will allow multipul plants of the same type be planted together. Function similar to animal pens but for plants.

Plough feilds with horses or more modern tech. Or by hand if you choose

New fish tanks, and small animal tanks that can hold more than one animal at a time. Including one for frogs.
    Out door aviary to go sit in and interact with the birds you have collected

New bull riding ride. Have your Sims try to stay on, athletic and riding skills boost performance

Might have more latter but I think this is plenty for right now.

Hey! I added most of your ideas :) I had to leave out sled cause im sure because we have no seasons it wont be possible. I also had to leave out food preserving and even my nectar making since they were ideas for eco living so they probably didn't make it to pets since its an earlier production. I included the deer and the racoon and i also named it "El Bandido" cause I think thats the name it was given in the original sims. I loved your ideas! Especially the farm ones, but I also had to leave them out cause I'm sure if we get farming it will have to be a GP :/ i wish i could have higher expectations.

Thank you :) I'm glad you liked some of them. I figured dog sleding and farming ideas might be cut but I hope one day I'll get to see them in the game in some form. I'm excited to see how this turns out, I think it is cool seeing what the communities expectations are and seeing how they match up to what is delivered.

I loved all of your ideas :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited July 2017
    I honestly look forward to the life stage gameplay for Cats and Dogs.

Here are some ideas though ;

• puppies/kittens are more realistic, it would be adorable if they could have a hidden walking skill.

• Detailed furs for dogs and cats. (Clay / HQ detail clay)

• Shiny, matte coat overlays.

• Textured fur coat overlays.

• New born stage added before puppy. It's not only realistic but a moment to embrace the newborn puppies. Whilst being connected to a doggy bed with interactions.

• Puppies phases!
    Energetic, Drowsy, Indulging.

• Higher pitches for the barks. especially for people who want to make pomeranians.

• Multiple body shapes and sizes.
    Definitetly needed, it would be perfect for people who'd want a great dane or chihuahua!

• Tail fur.
    If someone desire a husky. The tail should be detailed too!

• Better autonomous.
    Cats and dogs always have an imagination.
    They're always doing something!

• Being able to feed your dog or cat leftovers.

• Kids homework can be eaten.

• Dogs stands up to the counter.

• Endless options of dog beds and houses.
    There are soooo many different designs that can be used to make futuristic, rural, or modern dog beds or houses.

• Hidden traits.
    Dogs or cats can be introverts, extroverts, or ambiverts! When playing with toys behaving indifferent or drowsinessly is always an open option. Or sometimes both!

• Potty training!
    Your puppies first time going to bathroom! Being able to use a puppy sheet or box.

• Hidden trait!
    Is your dog or cat protective or unalert?

• Puppies can be washed in sinks.

• Elder dog
    Your dog might shed and make a mess in parts of the house.

• Look out the window!
    Your dog or cat can stand on their hind legs and look out the window. birds keep them intrigued.

• Bigger litters!
    It's nice having small litters, but many of us do look forward to being able to have bigger litters rather than having to breed them again.

• Rabbits would be a new feature to the series. Totally loving this one.

Post edited by HimRumi on
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Where are my werewolves tho
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member

WAIT WHAT? Is it really true that the majority doesn't want that wow. I'm shocked, I hope that they will be playable omg :grimace:
  • Options
    simgame wrote: »

WAIT WHAT? Is it really true that the majority doesn't want that wow. I'm shocked, I hope that they will be playable omg :grimace:

Probably not the majority, I'm exaggerating out of fear lol! But I see people talk on other threads here about how they hope pets aren't playable, because it's too much work or takes up slots in the household. But...I would LOVE playable pets, similar to what we had in Sims 3. I want that option available. Pets is my all time favorite EP, so I hope they make it amazing!
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member

Probably not the majority, I'm exaggerating out of fear lol! But I see people talk on other threads here about how they hope pets aren't playable, because it's too much work or takes up slots in the household. But...I would LOVE playable pets, similar to what we had in Sims 3. I want that option available. Pets is my all time favorite EP, so I hope they make it amazing!

Sometimes in the sims 3 I found that they were a lot of work as well but it's better than not being able to play them. It would be so horrible if they would be unplayable
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I want there to be bigger puppies and kittens they were to small in sims 3
    they were really cute but you couldn't see it unless you zoomed in
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

The takes up sim slots isn't even accurate though, I've said it before but the sims 3 added extra slots for pets to take up. you could have two pets and eight sims if you had more than two pets then pets took up sim slots but they still added extra slots for pets, why assume they won't do it again?
    https://simsvip.com/2011/08/18/sims-3-pets-household-limit-confirmed/

and even if pets are NPCs they take up space because the computer has to still run code for them, having them NPC doesn't mean they are just free data wise, sims 2 also had a household limit where pets were included, same with the original sims.
    http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Household
    Some people can actually use less sims because their computers RAM won't support it
    http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/246408-household-sim-and-pet-limit/
    That is a sims 2 topic from when pets were NPCs, by the way.

I know my links aren't super formal but I can confirm based on my own gameplay as well if that means anything.
    the only way pets won't impact the size limit is if they are basically nonreactive like small pets were in ts3 and are now, because otherwise the computer has to much coding to run and it simpaly isn't functional.

This is a false argument for pets to be NPCs. I understand some people don't want them playable but please don't go around saying things that aren't true.

(I know the person I'm quoting isn't arguing this, I'm just sharing here so people will know)
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    How about not only allergic to cats but allergic to dogs as well. Also hates animals and animal lover.

Aspirations - Miniture Zoo, small animal collection apirations.

I thought about it, but are people often allergic to dogs? I just said cats cause it seems more common. Hate animals and animal lover sound good though same with miniature zoo so I will add them. Let me know your thought about what I said about allergic to dogs :)@VentusMatt

I know a few people that are allergic to dogs :smile: I could see a sim having allergic to cats and to dogs but also Loves animals :lol:
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Awesome ideas!

And:
    1. Enable to feed fish, clean tanks, an medium size fish tanks
    2. Different types of birds, 3 large and 3 small birds, cages/tree perch, able to feed, talk gain charisma, toys and other bird stands, free to fly around then land on/in cage/perch
    3. different types of rodents, children gains responsibility when they feed or clean cage, rodents can escape, but able to find, able to play with toys on the floor.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options

The takes up sim slots isn't even accurate though, I've said it before but the sims 3 added extra slots for pets to take up. you could have two pets and eight sims if you had more than two pets then pets took up sim slots but they still added extra slots for pets, why assume they won't do it again?

and even if pets are NPCs they take up space because the computer has to still run code for them, having them NPC doesn't mean they are just free data wise, sims 2 also had a household limit where pets were included, same with the original sims.
    Some people can actually use less sims because their computers RAM won't support it
    http://forums.thesimsresource.com/index.php?/topic/246408-household-sim-and-pet-limit/

I know my links aren't super formal but I can confirm based on my own gameplay as well if that means anything.
    the only way pets won't impact the size limit is if they are basically nonreactive like small pets were in ts3 and are now, because otherwise the computer has to much coding to run and it simpaly isn't functional.

This is a false argument for pets to be NPCs. I understand some people don't want them playable but please don't go around saying things that aren't true.

(I know the person I'm quoting isn't arguing this, I'm just sharing here so people will know)

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
  • Options

Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Ah no problem and like I said that wasn't really about you or what you said more about the people who say it.
  • Options
    BloomofSparksBloomofSparks Posts: 486 Member
    love it
  • Options
    AikeikoAikeiko Posts: 158 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    How about not only allergic to cats but allergic to dogs as well. Also hates animals and animal lover.

Aspirations - Miniture Zoo, small animal collection apirations.

I thought about it, but are people often allergic to dogs? I just said cats cause it seems more common. Hate animals and animal lover sound good though same with miniature zoo so I will add them. Let me know your thought about what I said about allergic to dogs :)@VentusMatt

My husband is very badly allergic to dogs, but is fine around cats.
  • Options
    Smaller plumbobs for the puppies.

In TS3 the plumbobs were way to huge for puppies, sometimes I couldn't even see them under it.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    My prediction about the allergy thing: if it's in the game at all, it will probably come as a buff. It will probably be random for each sim. For example, our sims have no choice over whether they like fruitcake or not, it's just random. Same with whether they like the Outdoor chimes. Some get really angry about them! So I'm thinking an allergy to cats or dog could appear as a buff that lasts for an hour or two. Probably an uncomfortable buff.

Cat Lover, and Dog Lover makes sense as new personality traits, so I'm hoping we'll get them in CAS. I want to play that Crazy Cat Lover sim who lives with 7 cats!

I hope we'll be able to "Go Jogging" with our dog! They'll have to re-code some routing, but I really hope that will be in there. And if we can go jogging with our dog, I hope it increases our social need. I have a fitness fanatic who wants to take his German Shepard jogging with him!

I hope hope hope that Dogs and Cats are allowed in Apartment Buildings!!! Oh the agony if all my City dwelling simmies are locked out of having pets! So kitty litter would be a definite, and maybe puppy pee training mats too? I guess our puppies could go all the way downstairs, but a puppy pee training mat would be handy.

I can't wait to see puppies and kittens try and walk up stairs!
  • Options
    Angela_4588Angela_4588 Posts: 246 Member
    I'm ready for pets! I just planted a cow plant to get me by
    Gallery Username : XInspiredAngelX
  • Options
    I hope we'll be able to "Go Jogging" with our dog! They'll have to re-code some routing, but I really hope that will be in there. And if we can go jogging with our dog, I hope it increases our social need. I have a fitness fanatic who wants to take his German Shepard jogging with him!

I can't wait to see puppies and kittens try and walk up stairs!

Yes!!

That'd be so cool if they could jog with dogs and cats.
  • Options
    I think there will be catch because I mean of course there going to add fetch and catch is only a little different
  • Options
    I'm ready for pets! I just planted a cow plant to get me by

I did the same
  • Options
    purplekittinpurplekittin Posts: 1 New Member
    yes and I think it should be like the sims 3 pets but anyways I think ideas are great
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    List has been updated to what we actually got
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Well, it matched up more than I expected. I am still a little sad abouth the exclusion of certain content myself.
    Thanks for updating this so we could compare, I thought this was a fun experiment to do. Maybe we should do this for the other future packs as well. :)