Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Titles and Middle Names.

Hello fellow Simmers and SimGuru's, I wish there were middle names that we could have that would be for family trees and bios and certain other things only.
Also, a thing I would love with or without University is the ability to give our Sims titles, like rewards in real life.
I would like to have Dr. (Doctorate), Sir, Dame and a few others.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Nicknames would also be a nice feature.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    yes they would
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    You can have middle names though.......they are just categorized by first and last..........for instance, I have a sim named Asher-Rose Thornberry.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    Bear31 wrote: »
    You can have middle names though.......they are just categorized by first and last..........for instance, I have a sim named Asher-Rose Thornberry.

But then, unlike what DcD2510 said, you would always see that middle name. In real life nobody would say "Hey, Bob-Carl-Peter-Julian! How's it going?".
    And there is usually not enough space to add a middle name as well, so a seperate text field would be better.
  • Options

But then, unlike what DcD2510 said, you would always see that middle name. In real life nobody would say "Hey, Bob-Carl-Peter-Julian! How's it going?".
    And there is usually not enough space to add a middle name as well, so a seperate text field would be better.

In that same instance though, what's the point of having a middle name text field if you don't want it showing up when the dialogue box pops up? Since no one would use a person's full name ALL the time, it'd be pointless to even have a middle name in game anyway unless you absolutely wanted it. I think that's why they don't have a separate field for it.
  • Options
    dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    Well, kids could always make fun of a middle name if it something strange. Also parents could use it and when they get married it would be used, maybe if they made a marriage certificate or had some sort of minister or official-like figure announcing they are now married. It could show up on the family tree. And if a middle name is carried for generations they could get a special 'generational pride' buff when they hear there name or even react different when kids try to tease them about it.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member

While this is true, if you have to use a cheat to reset a sim, and they have a hyphenated name, the cheat doesn't work.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options

While this is true, if you have to use a cheat to reset a sim, and they have a hyphenated name, the cheat doesn't work.

I beg to differ, it does work......I have reset her before
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I do this... but i fear if it were to be built into the game sims would have to do certain thing to achieve it, things that would contradict their storyline.

I have:
    Lord Adam Jordan
    Madam Diane Jordan
    Baron Graham Montgomery
    Madam Helena Montgomery
    Master Stephan Valdez
    Count Oliver Bourbon
    Sir Sebastian Navarro
    Mistress Lola King
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I do really like this idea. It'd be a nice touch to make each sim a little bit more unique, especially if any of them share first names. Titles would be a great touch too! Would be cool if maxed out vamps got a title for their name as a reward but also optional as some folks might not be into that.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I was actually thinking about this. Another cool action would be for children to ask about middle name. They could either get no moodlet or an embarrased one for sharing.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I want the titles as well! I have a married couple - Lord Charles Lambeth and his wife Lady Georgia Lambeth - that (for now) have gone title-less, since I wasn't sure of putting it in the "First Name" box. Kinda wishing I had gone ahead and done it.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    fluffykinsfluffykins Posts: 37 Member
    I have been completing my legacy and have been using anastasia I, II, III...etc. for each generation, it would be nice to be able to have the title outside of the name