Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Preteens fix teen issue?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,467 Member
    One of the reasons I think pre-teens is a bad idea is because once they are put in a sims game, people will start expecting them in every. single. iteration. If they got added in sims 4 and some time down the line we get a sims 5, people are going to expect them in the base game. If they were to be put in the base game, that means something else would have to be left out. I don't want my sims games turning into exclusive Brady Bunch play. I'm not a family player. I want fun and interesting things for my grown sims to do, not to have them saddled with children in a hundred life stages. What we have now is quite enough. There is plenty of representation of the younger age groups and the flexibility is there to play them a little younger or older. I'd be fine with expanding on what we have, but my gawd, the last thing I want to see is another forum riot because pre-teens were left out of the sims 5 base game. Just....NO. :|
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member
    KlumsyKate wrote: »
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    I've had to remove a few comments that were quite pointed and on the personal side of things. We're a friendly bunch and would like to keep this conversation going, please be mindful of each other.

thanks for being so nice could you guys combined some of the preteen threads if its not to much trouble I mean I know you have a lot of work to do its just there are so many preteen threads sorry if I was rude to ask thank you @EA_Lanna

Ya @comicsforlife, I've seen a few preteen threads already up and running. Unfortunately I can't merge threads, the conversations wouldn't line up or make sense. I can only move them off and I don't want to do that. I would like to leave the existing ones up as each one has had productive conversations surrounding preteens in the Sims.

We'll keep an eye on current and new threads and evaluate if some need locking or if they are productive to the community to have. Going forward though there really shouldn't be many more preteen centered threads created and users should look to join in the existing threads on topics already being discussed to avoid duplications and spamming the forums because spams not fun for anyone. :)
    With all these preteens threads up and going and the majority of them being over 1000 views it really shows the interest in this life stage.

No, they have 1000+ views because it is a topic people want to discuss. It does not mean every person who viewed these preteen threads wants preteens. THese threads also get lots of views because they get very heated

Yep. I'm here because I still don't understand why some people want preteens, so I find the discussion fascinating.

Because they want preteens? It shouldn't be hard to understand. I can say the same thing about people wanton pets, seasons, and university.

You can't compare pre-teens to pets, seasons, and university lol
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    ElenPink wrote: »
    FloppyFish wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I've had to remove a few comments that were quite pointed and on the personal side of things. We're a friendly bunch and would like to keep this conversation going, please be mindful of each other.

thanks for being so nice could you guys combined some of the preteen threads if its not to much trouble I mean I know you have a lot of work to do its just there are so many preteen threads sorry if I was rude to ask thank you @EA_Lanna

Ya @comicsforlife, I've seen a few preteen threads already up and running. Unfortunately I can't merge threads, the conversations wouldn't line up or make sense. I can only move them off and I don't want to do that. I would like to leave the existing ones up as each one has had productive conversations surrounding preteens in the Sims.

We'll keep an eye on current and new threads and evaluate if some need locking or if they are productive to the community to have. Going forward though there really shouldn't be many more preteen centered threads created and users should look to join in the existing threads on topics already being discussed to avoid duplications and spamming the forums because spams not fun for anyone. :)
    With all these preteens threads up and going and the majority of them being over 1000 views it really shows the interest in this life stage.

No, they have 1000+ views because it is a topic people want to discuss. It does not mean every person who viewed these preteen threads wants preteens. THese threads also get lots of views because they get very heated

Yep. I'm here because I still don't understand why some people want preteens, so I find the discussion fascinating.

Because they want preteens? It shouldn't be hard to understand. I can say the same thing about people wanton pets, seasons, and university.

You can't compare pre-teens to pets, seasons, and university lol

Yes I can. They are all wants. It's reality, not fantasy.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Pets, Seasons and University are expansion packs, not life stages. So not comparable. I do get the way you're coming from, both are wants but still not comparable.
  • Options
    Toreshinbo wrote: »
    Pets, Seasons and University are expansion packs, not life stages. So not comparable. I do get the way you're coming from, both are wants but still not comparable.

They are comparable as wants.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member

That's very different. I want the teen stage to be redefined and I want a new computer. Both are not comparable, yet they're both wants.
  • Options

That's very different. I want the teen stage to be redefined and I want a new computer. Both are not comparable, yet they're both wants.

Right, not comparable as the same thing.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I like the idea of preteens to fill the gap I feel exists between children and teens because I keep hearing how hard it would be to fix teens. If teens could be redefined by behaviors and actions with a little tweak to their appearance to help differentiate them from young adults that would be wonderful. EA did an amazing job with toddlers. Imagine what they could do with teens if they decided to.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,608 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    I like the idea of preteens to fill the gap I feel exists between children and teens because I keep hearing how hard it would be to fix teens. If teens could be redefined by behaviors and actions with a little tweak to their appearance to help differentiate them from young adults that would be wonderful. EA did an amazing job with toddlers. Imagine what they could do with teens if they decided to.

They actually did fix the teens behavior in Parenthood though they act totally different then what they did before Parenthood I had no problem with them before the pack but now I like them better. It's just some people will complain because they aren't satisfied.
  • Options
    I think Parenthood was a great start. It is one of my favorite packs but I would like more to define them from young adults and close the gap between teens and children. It is not a complaint just a wish. We all have wishes right? None of us are going to get everything we want but we can ask.
  • Options
    I think Parenthood was a great start. It is one of my favorite packs but I would like more to define them from young adults and close the gap between teens and children. It is not a complaint just a wish. We all have wishes right? None of us are going to get everything we want but we can ask.

I'm with you on that its just other people always saying you can't have this and that. Like we can hope and wish.
  • Options
    I think my dream for teens or preteens is pretty tame and possibly attainable. My ideas for vacation destinations and activities is ... um ... well ... I guess I just dream big :) I want it all.
  • Options
    I think my dream for teens or preteens is pretty tame and possibly attainable. My ideas for vacation destinations and activities is ... um ... well ... I guess I just dream big :) I want it all.

Exactly so is mine I want Pre-teen just as much as any other player does but I also want firemen and burglars.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

Right, not comparable as the same thing.

Very well said.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif