Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Store

I know a lot of people are against the whole store idea, but I really enjoyed the sims 3 store and would love if they had a sims 4 store. It just makes so much more sense to me to spend $10 and get 1,000 points then spend 50 points here or there for a chair or something that you like or a hairstyle you may like or a door you may want.Then you could spend 100 points on an object that changes the game play.

So if you don't want laundry but like the clothes you can just get the clothes. If you want the hairstyles but not the giant rock wall then spend $1 on the hair and forget the rest. It makes things so much easier. Plus when the EA team comes up with a few items that are a little miscellaneous (like Movie Hangout) they can just release them in the store. Why are people opposed?
Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
Amateur Sim Stories
Read more at Cosmic Sims

Comments

• Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    As someone who owns most the TS3 store, I honestly think TS4 SPs are a better deal for me at least. I wouldn't mind additional items in a store set up in addition to the stuff packs. But 100 points or $1.00 for hair is a lot, especially considering how many objects come in some stuff packs. If you charge either 75 points or 100 points for each hair like in the Bowling Night pack, that's like 300 points or $3.00, when the pack is just $10 and it gives you those three hairs, a gameplay object (which in the TS3 store could be 500 points) new clothing (outfits most likely would be 75-99 points) and new objects (25-99 points). The better deal IMO is to just buy the pack.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I'm completely opposed because I bought every single stitch of store content for TS3 and found out too late that they released more content than the game could reliably load. It's actually one of the reasons I left TS3 for TS4. Every time I'd load my Sims 3 game up I was reminded that I couldn't load all the content I actually owned, and it still ticks me off. That's not to say Maxis won't learn from that mistake and optimize a Sims 4 store better, but I just don't think that would be the case (no offense intended, Maxis!). On top of that, the store was a micro transaction money sink. TS4 stuff packs are a way better deal in that regard. I get a lot more for $10 even in my least favorite stuff pack than I ever did for $10 in TS3 Store.

There are quite a few changes that I would like to see come to TS4, but when it comes to how content is delivered, I'm actually quite happy with the stuff, game, and expansion packs. I truly don't want to see the content delivery system changed.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'd love for EA to release additional unique worlds. I loved the sims 3 store too. but i do believe we get more bang for our buck with stuff packs.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    qtnikkiqtnikki Posts: 156 Member
    I definitely didn't mean they make the price range in the SIms 4 store the same as the Sims 3 store. That would be crazy! What I mean is make it comparable to a stuff pack. For example if a stuff pack costs $10 and it contains 40 new items. Then each item (hair, clothing, buy, build...) can cost .20 cents each (definitely not $1 for a hair) then for example I could just pay $1 for the five pieces of hair and clothes I liked from the Bowling SP and not have all the rest of the "stuff".
    Banner_zpshgf2chau.jpg
    Amateur Sim Stories
    Read more at Cosmic Sims
  • Options
    qtnikki wrote: »
    I know a lot of people are against the whole store idea, but I really enjoyed the sims 3 store and would love if they had a sims 4 store. It just makes so much more sense to me to spend $10 and get 1,000 points then spend 50 points here or there for a chair or something that you like or a hairstyle you may like or a door you may want.Then you could spend 100 points on an object that changes the game play.

So if you don't want laundry but like the clothes you can just get the clothes. If you want the hairstyles but not the giant rock wall then spend $1 on the hair and forget the rest. It makes things so much easier. Plus when the EA team comes up with a few items that are a little miscellaneous (like Movie Hangout) they can just release them in the store. Why are people opposed?

I was going by what you said regarding the price of a chair, which is what I also said in my post (objects ranging from 25-99 points) That's about 50 cents, which is still not that great of a deal if all the objects are around that price, as well as hair being $1.00.

• Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here's how I see that going:
    a) The items that are worth anything will be broken.
    b) People will come out with fixed versions of all the sets.
    c) People like me will download all the store content for free like I did with Sims 3 store stuff.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    I think game pack is version store of sims 4
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    @Zulf_12, is your siggy sims related skins or Photo Shop. It looks incredible and if it is cc, I would love you to link me. :)
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    i miss the store you could buy a single item like shirt without buying whole stuff pack
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I'm completely opposed because I bought every single stitch of store content for TS3 and found out too late that they released more content than the game could reliably load.

I have the store and all the games fully loaded and they play great. I got tired of stick babies, so right before Supernatural came out, I took out all cc and I didn't have any mods, so my game was vanilla. Till this day, heavily playing S3, I've only crashed once. I think most of the problems with the S3 game is the type of computer used, if cc is used, and if mods were used. Those mods have to be updated after most changes in the game.

I loved the S3 store, but after looking at the price breakdown/conversion, the packs do seem to be a better buy. I just wish they would take the team that is trying to spread the S4 to different media and use them to make more content for the game. I don't need sims on the go ect. :)

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    The one and only way I would not oppose this idea is if they had some sort of "Complete my Pack" feature which takes off the amount of money spent on objects, for the pack you want to purchase. Just an example, a Sims 4 store is released for the sole purpose of selling Stuff Pack items (ONLY Stuff Pack Items) individually, you see a hairstyle you like that's being sold for 0.50$, a couple of shirts each for 0.25$ and a gameplay object for 5$, in total you spent a total of 6$ for objects from a certain pack, lets say the Luxury Party Stuff Pack, there should be an option to complete that pack with the total amount already spent on that pack discounted, so in this case 10$ - 6$ = 4$, so this way if someone wanted the rest of the stuff from that pack they wouldn't have to pay full price, or possibly even more than the original full price just buying each object individually. Or another solution, if someone spent 10$ on objects from a stuff pack, they get the rest of the objects automatically since they basically spent full price on the stuff pack.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    filipomel wrote: »
    The one and only way I would not oppose this idea is if they had some sort of "Complete my Pack" feature which takes off the amount of money spent on objects, for the pack you want to purchase. Just an example, a Sims 4 store is released for the sole purpose of selling Stuff Pack items (ONLY Stuff Pack Items) individually, you see a hairstyle you like that's being sold for 0.50$, a couple of shirts each for 0.25$ and a gameplay object for 5$, in total you spent a total of 6$ for objects from a certain pack, lets say the Luxury Party Stuff Pack, there should be an option to complete that pack with the total amount already spent on that pack discounted, so in this case 10$ - 6$ = 4$, so this way if someone wanted the rest of the stuff from that pack they wouldn't have to pay full price, or possibly even more than the original full price just buying each object individually. Or another solution, if someone spent 10$ on objects from a stuff pack, they get the rest of the objects automatically since they basically spent full price on the stuff pack.

Hardly anything counts for complete your set discounts now on the TS3 store :/
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    I'm a huge store content advocate! I loved hosting and participating in contests in the Gift Gathering section. I miss that section being so active! To me, the store was worth it for that reason alone, cost wasn't really a factor because I loved what could be done with the store.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I like the store just to be able to get more items I actually want as it is the game caters to female Sims with the store I was able to purchase every male hair style and the clothing pieces I wanted and never spent a dime so I'm all for it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    As someone who owns most the TS3 store, I honestly think TS4 SPs are a better deal for me at least. I wouldn't mind additional items in a store set up in addition to the stuff packs. But 100 points or $1.00 for hair is a lot, especially considering how many objects come in some stuff packs. If you charge either 75 points or 100 points for each hair like in the Bowling Night pack, that's like 300 points or $3.00, when the pack is just $10 and it gives you those three hairs, a gameplay object (which in the TS3 store could be 500 points) new clothing (outfits most likely would be 75-99 points) and new objects (25-99 points). The better deal IMO is to just buy the pack.

True but in TS3 Store we got actual Amusement Park Venues and Nice Worlds like Sunlit Tides,Lunar Lakes,Hidden Springs,Roaring Heights and Aurora Skies.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I think they should at least add world store. Then people might be happy to spend some cash on worlds they could offer two versions. One occupied with buildings (for more money since that's a lot more work) and one without any buildings etc. I would buy some worlds from a TS4 store.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think they should at least add world store. Then people might be happy to spend some cash on worlds they could offer two versions. One occupied with buildings (for more money since that's a lot more work) and one without any buildings etc. I would buy some worlds from a TS4 store.

Personally I think your right and I'd love to see them bring back SimGuruCopeland aka Alan Copeland for that though it would be his decision cause he got a job with a new gaming studio but if they could get him back that would be great. I always said Alan Copeland was the Santa Claus of TS3. He was in charge of the store and who could forget that dog avatar he used?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Personally I think your right and I'd love to see them bring back SimGuruCopeland aka Alan Copeland for that though it would be his decision cause he got a job with a new gaming studio but if they could get him back that would be great. I always said Alan Copeland was the Santa Claus of TS3. He was in charge of the store and who could forget that dog avatar he used?

I wish. At least they did a lot of stuff people requested and we could buy stuff separately if we didn't want everything. Roaring Heights is one of my favorites.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Zulf_12Zulf_12 Posts: 109 Member
    @Zulf_12, is your siggy sims related skins or Photo Shop. It looks incredible and if it is cc, I would love you to link me. :)

Yes, it's photoshop :smiley:
  • Options
    @catloverplayer Yes, of course and I have all of those you mentioned. But I'm talking about a lower scale, the equivalent of a TS4 stuff pack to items similar from the TS3 store. I wouldn't try to compare a TS4 SP to a venue like the boardwalk/world of wonder, or Lucky Palms.