Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• Options
    FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I said that I VOTED FOR LAUNDRY BUT WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT CLEARLY OFF THE GRID WOULD BE THE BEST FIT FOR AN ECO THEMED SP. WE DID NOT CONSIDER THAT WE PICKED IT BECAUSE WE WANTED IT. I'm NOT saying we shouldn't have it in the game I'm hyped for it. BECAUSE AS I SAID A MILLION TIMES I DONT PLAY WITH ECO FRIENDLY SIMS thus laundry is a great addition for me but it is NOT eco friendly so it isn't for this pack. I say only one thing and the same thing only how could you even say that I'm a troll? Anyways I feel like I'm dealing with bunch of kids who are trying to come at me with their lack of understanding what I post here and it's so funny lol
  • Options
    Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    Everyone who voted picked the descirption that contained an idea or specific item that they wanted the most. No one is selfish for voting for what they wanted. It probably would have made more sense had the devs placed laundry under a different general umbrealla, but they didn't, and they obviously had their own reasoning for placing it where it was. It cleary listed as one of the potential directions the pack could take and so choosing the theme for that reason is perfectly fair game just as choosing the theme because you wanted solor power or composting or whatever else was also valid. I'm not going to feel guilty for voting for what I wanted within the framework that was presented to me.
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member
    It's cool we're getting laundry, I see why people might've voted for that. I just think there were bigger chances we'd get laundry with some other pack than it is with the other features presented in a survey.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    fullspiral wrote: »
    When work starts on TS5 I hope that the devs remember that not everyone plays family, housework and everyday things. There is a large section of players that are being completely overlooked.

This is becoming Sim 4: Play Dolly.
    Well it is very CAS focused when I look at the big picture of packs released so far, so yes very much like a Barbie doll game dressing up dolls now. Reminds me of this song:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyhrYis509A

I am really tired of the prep Stepford look though across majority of the packs. I was hoping the overall style of the pack would be more Eco Friendly, not something out of a Martha Stewart show. I still want more punk/rock and middle/lower class looks. It's almost like the look is too rich for my tastes. I actually wouldn't mind more relatable content. My Sims just feel too spoiled more than they were in the Sims 3 even. I just want to be able to tell real stories with depth and feeling. Not these "look how fab I look" stories. It's just makes my Sims feel shallow, selfish, and spoiled in a confined doll house prison. This is no reflection on anyone else's game. I just feel like the game is still too young adult let's party YOLO and think of nothing but of looks and making money. I do hope the laundry stuff makes outfits look more grunge. I'm tired of the clean look. I do want more options for builders. The low amount of new walls and floors is looking sad now.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    LET'S ALL STOP USING CAPS.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Please give us more than one version of the washer, dryer, and hamper. ;)
  • Options
    Alysha1988 wrote: »
    Everyone who voted picked the descirption that contained an idea or specific item that they wanted the most. No one is selfish for voting for what they wanted. It probably would have made more sense had the devs placed laundry under a different general umbrealla, but they didn't, and they obviously had their own reasoning for placing it where it was. It cleary listed as one of the potential directions the pack could take and so choosing the theme for that reason is perfectly fair game just as choosing the theme because you wanted solor power or composting or whatever else was also valid. I'm not going to feel guilty for voting for what I wanted within the framework that was presented to me.

That's why I said we could have tell them that laundry doesn't fit with theme. By saying we were acting selfish I'm trying to point out the unfairness to those who really wanted an eco themed pack with an actual eco living gameplay feature. Idek why am I still posting about this topic I wasn't even throwing stones to anyone but they were keep coming at me lol
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    When work starts on TS5 I hope that the devs remember that not everyone plays family, housework and everyday things. There is a large section of players that are being completely overlooked.

Well it is very CAS focused when I look at the big picture of packs released so far, so yes very much like a Barbie doll game dressing up dolls now. Reminds me of this song:

I am really tired of the prep Stepford look though across majority of the packs. I was hoping the overall style of the pack would be more Eco Friendly, not something out of a Martha Stewart show. I still want more punk/rock and middle/lower class looks. It's almost like the look is too rich for my tastes. I actually wouldn't mind more relatable content. My Sims just feel too spoiled more than they were in the Sims 3 even. I just want to be able to tell real stories with depth and feeling. Not these "look how fab I look" stories. It's just makes my Sims feel shallow, selfish, and spoiled in a confined doll house prison. This is no reflection on anyone else's game. I just feel like the game is still too young adult let's party YOLO and think of nothing but of looks and making money. I do hope the laundry stuff makes outfits look more grunge. I'm tired of the clean look. I do want more options for builders. The low amount of new walls and floors is looking sad now.

Preach!! <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    ConfusedSubConfusedSub Posts: 8 New Member
    oh wow i'm actually really surprised because i voted for laundry but from what i saw was a lot more people talking about the other things so i'm genuinely surprised!!
  • Options
    HelenaWiktoriaHelenaWiktoria Posts: 148 Member

I don't think I'm so fed up with TS4 style, however, I agree it'd be nice to see more diversity. Especially punk/rock would be very welcomed for me, mostly with teens in mind. Even in TS3 that style was kind of overlooked. I discovered it when playing Stylist Profession, most of "rebel clothes" wasn't even accessable for teenagers.

• Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'm kinda sad. Not because of laundry itself but for the pattern I've been watching on repeat since ever, everytime people has options for looking foward or looking back they choose to look back. I can't deny I'm disappointed with the community. We could've been known as the ones that when given the chance built a cohesive pack with a feature never seen before in the franchise, a rare stuff pack that people would recommend each other for its uniquiness and possibilities, that would complement Seasons and Farming and any deviant theme, it all with a construtive message of eco-living chosen by us; we could have made of our participation history and become an example. Instead we chose a chore, already avaliable for anyone who wanted to play it in Sims 3.

Democracy, yes, with stresses. Majority is 50%+1, not the most voted, so we can't say it's the will of the majority so far. We also can't know what would become of the poll if it was in order of preference (I know I'd be thrilling of happiness with any other 3 options but this). Say Eco won because of laundry is as true as say Laundry won because of Eco. I wonder, if it was so undeniably requested as you say why the need of a poll in first place, they would just make it. As I see, this voting shows something we can all agree: the need of such type of feature in the base game. At this point, we should be past the phase of completing the mundane gameplay, we should be focusing on the addition of something new.

Now it's time to drop the "eco" beat entirely and adjust the frequency for laundry, there's no way a pack where the main feature is a 50's machine be truly eco. The eco alternative is just an alternative, as the word means, not the protagonist or goal of the pack.

I won't be nearly invested as I was before. My wishes are for the other options to come in other packs in the future; maybe now that we're not dealing with SPs we can have a well that people could also die in and throw stuff, solar panels for ground and roofs, items for a wine nectar cellar, recycling and other stuff from the brainstorm, I know there's a petition somewhere. But don't worry for I'm not intending to keep spamming or annoying people with it. Furthermore, it was nice so far, I learned a lot about the process and also a lot in the discussions we all had throughout. The pack still got some objects I like so I may buy it on sale.

Just everytime you click and drag with the mouse the clothes all around now, remember what it could have been.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    edited June 2017
    Can we at least get those modern looking cabinets from Style A cuz that would match up with the washers/dryers we're gonna get? :D Pretty please? Then only I will shut up.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

There's nothing for YA's to do except go to bars! I'm sick of it.
  • Options
    IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member

I usually just make them impregnate the whole town, but bars work too.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Me too. I mean I'm a YA I guess in Sims terms and how this stage of my life is being represented is just really shallow and only shows the media representation of it. I mean going to bars isn't something I do even though I do want to check out a barcade sometime. I like doing so many other things besides that. I'm really into more physical and intellectual activities. I don't take life at face value, but like to learn new things constantly. I think Sims just need more activities to do in groups and outdoors. Almost like Sims are just running out of space for indoor activities especially when they are made big for our tiny lots. I don't know I was raised in a beach community, so I did a lot of outdoor activities like going to the beach, to the zoo, riding bikes, playing volleyball, playing softball, and doing chalk drawings. It was just nice to chill and disconnect from technology. I still wish Sims weren't so tied to their phones. I let mine die quite a bit and leave it home a bit. Going to theme parks and science museums was quite fun too. I loved playing with nature and in the yard and watching ants drown and finding my own hiding places. I love experimenting and observing why things work the way they do. I don't know I guess what I want is for all life stages to be limited. Babies needs a lot of help too in the Sims 4. They are probably my least favorite version of babies so far and creep me out like horror film dolls.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Looking back, this whole community vote was run so poorly. They should have had us vote on gameplay features first, before anything else. Then, if laundry had won that, we wouldn't have wasted all this really cool objects/clothing on a bummer pack.

Failing that, we should have been able to rank choices for gameplay objects.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Preach!! <3

am I the only one that thinks a sim version of this song would be cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Looking back, this whole community vote was run so poorly. They should have had us vote on gameplay features first, before anything else. Then, if laundry had won that, we wouldn't have wasted all this really cool objects/clothing on a bummer pack.

Failing that, we should have been able to rank choices for gameplay objects.

Couldn't agree more but this was an experimental journey for all of us and gurus will consider all of the feedback we give to them I hope
  • Options
    kaolbellekaolbelle Posts: 22 Member
    Don't even call it Eco-friendly centered stuff pack. Call it something else. Since laundry is going to be the main feature. Call it Home Living or whatever. Better yet, just call it a Laundry stuff pack. Just because you provided a slightly more "eco-friendly" option to washing clothes doesn't mean it fits with the theme of the pack. The others did. Recycling, wind turbines, solar panels, making your own preserves. Who sees laundry and thinks "Yep, it makes complete and total sense to put washing machines and dryers in a pack centered around living green."
  • Options
    JenniferabJenniferab Posts: 8 New Member
    What a waste of a good stuff pack. Laundry... I have no more faith in humanity. Sorry, but this game pack is going to be stupid now.
  • Options
    You guys are living in a fantasy land. You're not going to have all this cool laundry stuff. They are taking the codes and mesh and stuff from the sims 3 and making it fit into sims 4. It will be exactly the same. They might add a new ironing board and washing tub... kinda like they had a new wall climber. It's still going to be another one of those things that make no difference whatsoever. Could be a chair sitting there for all the impact it has on the game.
  • Options
    Also.. what gives? I see what, five people who actually voted for laundry and over multiple websites like facebook, youtube, twitter, etc the majority of people wanted off the grid. I saw very few people who actually said they voted for laundry. It was something like one out of every 20th person. This is another huge reason I'm disappointed. I feel all this voting was a sham.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    Woooooow. Throwing new game play ideas under the bus for chores that were destined to show up in a pack eventually is pretty special.

Indeed. What a crying shame. I'm absolutely bummed.
    Please, don't just bin the rest of the concepts.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Jenniferab wrote: »
    Also.. what gives? I see what, five people who actually voted for laundry and over multiple websites like facebook, youtube, twitter, etc the majority of people wanted off the grid. I saw very few people who actually said they voted for laundry. It was something like one out of every 20th person. This is another huge reason I'm disappointed. I feel all this voting was a sham.

I agree with this. I feel like the voting is rigged. Now that laundry has won, I'm also not seeing a lot of the team laundry people saying much and giving suggestions. I only see the same 3 people.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top