Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How have you utilized the club system from Get Together?

I just started using the Club System and man is it a blessing. It's the one system that I like being vague and general because you can fit it into specific things without feeling like half the time you are just "pretending". It can range from being an actual club, to being for social events not in-game like Sleepovers. I rarely have to use my imagination because all you have to do is set the clothing to pjs and once that happens it auto feels like a slumber party with kids running around in their pj's and all sleeping in unison, with the help of Club Do's. I feel like it's perfect for "social groups" as well and many other things. How have you used this god given system?

Comments

• Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I'll answer this question later when I have more time, but for now I'll post a link to the slumber party mod. In case you want to try a more realistic slumber party: http://brittpinkiesims.wixsite.com/brittpinkiesims/single-post/2016/09/04/Sleepover-Mod
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    One thing I use the club system is for family groups. For example I'll have a club where one of the parents are the leader, and their kids, their children's spouses, grandchildren and so on are all members. Or I'll have a single parent household, where their child's other parents doesn't live with them. This way when I want the family to come together, all I have to do it start up a club gathering.

Here's a mod for more than 8 in a club.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=590737

Here's a mod for more clubs per sim.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=571322
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    One thing I use the club system is for family groups. For example I'll have a club where one of the parents are the leader, and their kids, their children's spouses, grandchildren and so on are all members. Or I'll have a single parent household, where their child's other parents doesn't live with them. This way when I want the family to come together, all I have to do it start up a club gathering.

The more than 8 sim in a club thing is awesome, thanks for showing me!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited June 2017
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

The more than 8 sim in a club thing is awesome, thanks for showing me!

Also the MC Command Center club module will auto-populate your clubs with sims that fit the club criteria. When used with with the above mods, it is brilliant for getting all creative sims in the game into a single club. Will work for all selection criteria - age ranges, etc... get all the cops together, etc etc

You can then use MCCC to increase the amount of sims allowed on a lot or in a household and have a huge club gathering :grin:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    I just started using the Club System and man is it a blessing. It's the one system that I like being vague and general because you can fit it into specific things without feeling like half the time you are just "pretending". It can range from being an actual club, to being for social events not in-game like Sleepovers. I rarely have to use my imagination because all you have to do is set the clothing to pjs and once that happens it auto feels like a slumber party with kids running around in their pj's and all sleeping in unison, with the help of Club Do's. I feel like it's perfect for "social groups" as well and many other things. How have you used this god given system?
    exactly !

that club system is imo the most "sims" feature in TS4 so far
    i wish the devs would develop more features like that, open ended, sort of in game tools to enable the players to tell their stories instead to ask the players to play along what the devs thought would be fun & funny to play

about the clubs i had
    several family clubs which i adjusted to the respective families for all sorts of family activities,
    one chess club for a group of elders, one writers' club, one woohoo club, one hackers' club, one painters' club,
    several cinematic clubs for different groups of sims meeting together
    & my most successful is the romantic club for two which i use for every couple instead of sending sims on dates

i will probably make also a bowling club of course
    & i had a not so successful because glitched kids club, the standing still while the time is running bug was it, no idea if that was addressed in a patch already, i hope so

the rules for clubs which i use very often is to ban explicitly those activities, which sims do all the time if left idle, that was previously playing games on the phone, now it's more surfing the web & reading books as far i could test it
    those banned rules keep clubs' activities in shape

i still wish there was at least a mod which enables A CLUB FOR ONE SIM
    if there was i could finally ! ! ! have all played sims behave as i want them to, that would be a replacement of actually working traits !
    without such a feature sims are all acting more or less the same, which is still nothing but boring

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    meadowraynemeadowrayne Posts: 38 Member
    I use the club system weirdly, IMO.

I have sims that would make great parents, but aren't married, or the non married sims in the town(s) and I have a single male Sim that will woohoo with them so they can have kids.

Weird, but the generations continue and the sims that I don't usually play still get to have kids.
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    @Rukola_Schaaf

I too would love to have one club sims or a 'Get Down with the AI' pack :)
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    tbh I am not against making a club for elder sims to get down and dirty once a week....
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    exactly !

that club system is imo the most "sims" feature in TS4 so far
    i wish the devs would develop more features like that, open ended, sort of in game tools to enable the players to tell their stories instead to ask the players to play along what the devs thought would be fun & funny to play

about the clubs i had
    several family clubs which i adjusted to the respective families for all sorts of family activities,
    one chess club for a group of elders, one writers' club, one woohoo club, one hackers' club, one painters' club,
    several cinematic clubs for different groups of sims meeting together
    & my most successful is the romantic club for two which i use for every couple instead of sending sims on dates

i will probably make also a bowling club of course
    & i had a not so successful because glitched kids club, the standing still while the time is running bug was it, no idea if that was addressed in a patch already, i hope so

the rules for clubs which i use very often is to ban explicitly those activities, which sims do all the time if left idle, that was previously playing games on the phone, now it's more surfing the web & reading books as far i could test it
    those banned rules keep clubs' activities in shape

i still wish there was at least a mod which enables A CLUB FOR ONE SIM
    if there was i could finally ! ! ! have all played sims behave as i want them to, that would be a replacement of actually working traits !
    without such a feature sims are all acting more or less the same, which is still nothing but boring

I agree I wish the devs would develop more features like this. I'm hoping when a College or hopefully School or even Boarding School system comes out it could be much like the club system in that we could perhaps chose what they would study or how they would spend their days via a drop down menu. I'm good with them doing it other ways of course but I think it would be kind of ground breaking that way. We could chose uniforms or not ect even and how they would look. Lol we could have a clown school, military school ect along with standard subjects. Lots of ideas for that..

On topic though I mostly use them to help my sim get things done that I don't have time for they usually have one club where the tasks change often. I also use them to skill up other sims I don't want to personally play but will keep in the game.. for instance cooking school is good because the game uses regular sims as chefs. Sometimes I use them to skill up children since some of my sims are very prolific baby daddies and the kids don't live with them. So they bring them all over for swimming (body), violin ect..
    Then if I feel like it I use the default money making painting club.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I have 2 Elite Clubs, well 3 but the third is in development.
    you have to be Wealthy, and skilled in Writing, understand Logic
    And theres an (un)written Requirement where you have to be a Mansion Baron (Own Land worth over $1,000,000)

The Briarwood Elite, is a group of 5 Wealthy men, who will build the city of briarwood, and make it thrive.
    The Leader is More of a Creative Visionary/Inventor (He's also going to be a Werewolf Alpha), basically a renaissance Sim
    and the other members One is a Business man, another is a Politician, One owns a tavern and Someday I want him to Own a Orchard/Vineyard and have a winery and Brewery, and the 5th is, well I'm still deciding between a Evangelist or Doctor.

The Housewives of Briarwood, is a the counterpart of the Briarwood Elite
    the Leader is the wife of the Briarwood Elite.
    you have to be married, Wealthy, literate.

Other groups, I have are the Illustrators.
    Lead by Leonardo Da Vinci
    Vincent Van Gogh
    and then a few of my other personal favorite Artists.

Trying to assemble a Authors Club
    Lead by Shakespeare
    and Maybe Disney, and maybe add my personal favorite writers again.

Assemble a Jokesters group, James Corden, Kevin Hart, Loni Love, Jeff Dunham, Amy Schumer.

Singer Group,
    Beyoncé might lead it,
    Drake, Christina Aguilera, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga Thinking about Michael and Jay Z.

the Defenders, might be a Rebel/Vigilante Group, comprised of cops/ex-cops

Hunters - Hunting Supernaturals
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I love the club feature. I have over 20 of them in my game.

This is a pic of some of them.

rqb0dI7.png

From left top to right, and down:

The Cubs: kids only, meet at the park, swim, eat ice cream and play on playground equipment, be friendly to each other. They're not allowed to be mean to anyone

Xmasers: Adults and Elders only, meet at a retail store that has cupcake machine and woodworking table, builds baking and handiness skills.

2 rival clubs here: Blue Metal and Gold Metal. For Adult MEN only. Chess clubs set up to fight each other. Blue Metal is set to work on mischief and comedy skill, Gold is set to be mean to Blue Metal Club. The leaders of the club are a married couple! So I can send them to the Museum (castle in Windenburg) and have their club gathering together.

Young Einsteins Boys only. Meets at my Science Museum. Does homework, works on science table, now also does school projects together.

Cult of Belisama Single Young Adult Females only. Meets anywhere in public places that has a Bonfire. Only after the sun sets. They take meditation stools, and the portable fire from outdoor retreats. Belisama is the Celtic Goddess of Lakes and Fire, so they fish, dance around the fire, meditate. They all have the Herbalism skill.

Busy Bees Teen and Young Adult Females only. Volunteer group that cooks, gardens, and repairs objects. They meet at each other's houses or on my generic Community Garden lot.

Shirtless Teasers Young Adult Males only. Meets at any nightclub. Dances. Shirtless.

Tiny pic at the bottom right is a video gaming club.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I use it for multiple things, but I like to use it as a form of "online dating." Since the game doesn't have online dating, and I hope one day the sim devs add this, I use this as a means to meet single people within my sim's age group (or not single, for sims who are a bit more loving than others).

I just hope that the devs eventually fix the romantic clubs bug (they get jealous towards each other, and this never used to happen).
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    @Simalleyaile
    Cult of Belisama Single Young Adult Females only. Meets anywhere in public places that has a Bonfire. Only after the sun sets. They take meditation stools, and the portable fire from outdoor retreats. Belisama is the Celtic Goddess of Lakes and Fire, so they fish, dance around the fire, meditate. They all have the Herbalism skill.
    that's an unique idea !

also a unique use of the OR & Spa Day packs
    bravo !

how do you determine for the club to meet only where a bonfire is ?
    is it with the help of the Outdoor Retreat pack ?

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Simalleyaile
    that's an unique idea !

also a unique use of the OR & Spa Day packs
    bravo !

how do you determine for the club to meet only where a bonfire is ?
    is it with the help of the Outdoor Retreat pack ?

One really good location for this would be the island over at Windenburg. For what they were describing the Bluff would be the best location. There is a bond fire in the vicinity of this location, and there is a pool, and out in the country for this. Or you could just take an empty lot and put the needed stuff on it, but Windenburg would be best as far as scenery for this situation.
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Rukola_Schaaf

I mostly gather my group in the countryside area of Windenburg. There's some really lovely secluded spots with the large bonfire, and some "mystical" areas where I've left meditation stools and the small fire from OR.

One of my favourite ones, is this area. See them up there on the hill? You send them to the Chateau first, then gather them together at the bonfire.
    gTtWm1O.png

One night, when they were doing their thing, Mimi came up to grill BBQ for them.
    N2s6vGe.png
    4xw7kWx.png

Because Belisama is a Goddess of Lakes as well as Fire, I like sending them to this little house in Windenburg. They take their fire, do some fishing as well.
    vfqsbHe.png

There's this little area with 3 rocks where I've left stools and OR little fire. I just load that house, then use the "go here together" option, and they carry out their to do activities, and chat around the fire.
    7uUGVDc.jpg

They have different outfits for each category - but always bare feet and in white
    t1pmaS8.png
    ALN4EF4.png
    ZMMz7wG.png

No need to dedicate an actual if you have the portable items from OR, but the little lot behind the Ancient Ruins is a great place to gather a cult.
    I've put the little OR retreat fire there, and they take their portable meditation stools and place them around the area. That place looks awesome at night.
    R73k1PD.png

Hope you'll be making and having fun with your own cult too Rukola_Schaaf. :)

• Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    I've used it a couple of times and made actual clubs like a yoga club before and then I used it for my teen sim who had a lot of childhood friends growing up and I wanted all of them to be a close group of friends who always hang out together and it was great. I never thought of doing the sleepover though that sounds like a blast!
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Um, well, most recently...I'm doing a let's play based on the Powerpuff Girls, so I made them a club, and then made an "Evil" club, and then se them up to battle each other :-P Oh, tho the girl's also have SimRays from the Professor, so it's not really a fair fight :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiqwgTHHFAI&t=1s
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I made a Mom Club for my current save (I can't think of any good names atm :(), where anyone who has a kid is basically invited. They meet at the Fitness and Wellness center (spa and gym), where they workout and do yoga to burn off the extra weight after having kids, and to chat and relax for a few hours. I wish there was a way to specifically set a kid requirement, and even gender, but I instead used the parenting skill as a filter and downloaded a mod for the gender filter. The mom of my family doesn't know enough people at the moment though, so she's currently the only member. xD I'm thinking of setting MCCC to auto fill clubs.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I create clubs for skill-building and I download appropriate lots from the gallery for their hangouts.

I also like the idea of more than one club at the same hangout so I've rival clubs and two dating clubs who are romantic to each other.

My rule is to prohibit NPCs from clubs. They are for my rotational sims only.
  • Options
    Emmely_BettineEmmely_Bettine Posts: 102 Member
    Wow thanks for all the club ideas, guys!! One I like personally is "Homework" club. My children never bring any friends home from school and I have a hard time finding kids around the neighborhood- but when I create a club, there will be 4-5 different kids that I can bring in. I try to make my sim get good relationships with them, so I pretend they grow up together and you know.. childhood friends for life! + it makes sense having a group of kids gather and do homework together, it's pretty cute actually. And also.. helping the NPC's get better grades!
    "Don't make people into heroes, John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them." - Sherlock
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I have a boys night out club that heads to a pub in Windenburg every Friday night for darts/foosball and drinks.
    I have couples that like to go out to dinner at fancy restaurants.
    I have family reunions at the parks.
    I have a gardeners club that tends to the public garden that has all perfect harvestables.
    I have a female impersonators club
    I have a "band practice".
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I find it easier to develop relationships with clubs, so that's what I primarily use it for, but only the sims I create can be members. Clubs can also populate venues that sims hardly visit (e.g. Myshuno Meadows), and social events are much easier to manage, so I use clubs for all of these reasons.
  • Options
    oscarx2poscarx2p Posts: 27 Member
    I only use it for family members but you guys give me some good ideas to new clubs. I've never use pre-made clubs tbh
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I have utilized the club system in different ways. One way is for money! I tend to think that being creative & having a club like Pixel Perfect...where everyone paints at my Sims house & my Sim collects the money...isn't cheating. My Sim doesn't even have a job, as she's racking in the cash on all their masterpieces!

I also like to use clubs to have family gatherings with extended families. It really keeps the family bonds close & I love that in my legacy families.

& then I also make clubs based on what's going on in my game. For example, my Sim got really fat after having 7 kids. She decided to get serious about her health. I made a fitness club, called 'Bringing Sexy Back' & I picked anyone who was overweight to be in the club. & it's a club to get into shape. Bob Pancakes is in my club, and dude is like super ripped now!
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    edited July 2017
    One of my clubs, The Navy Stunnas are all beautiful. Some are former or working models. They are also Rihanna fans, hence the 'Navy' part and Stunnas meaning good looking. The ladies like to go dancing, hang out at the leader's coffeehouse/bakery.

My male club, the leader is Marquez in my siggy. It's called 'Bout dat life. They sometimes fight and swipe things. Marquez is in the criminal career field and I think the other members in his club want a taste of the dangerous life, so they hang out with him.