Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Well, @SimGuruHouts, it’s been a year now since you promised builders that we are not forgotten, and all you have given us is a few new roof options! Really, is that IT!?! Seems more like a second thought than actually showing builders the “love” EA claims to have for us. :(
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Stormsview wrote: »
    I got this from the top of our forums page, sorry double posting.I thought you all would like to read this , if you have not already.

https://youtu.be/FUAHbqsxfUo

The Sims 4 is Coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4!
    JULY 26, 2017BY SIMGURULYNDSAYCOMMENT
    Console players rejoice! The Sims™ 4 is coming to XBOX One and PlayStation® 4 this November 17, 2017! Whether you prefer console or PC, you'll soon be able to share your Sims stories no matter your platform of choice.

And it is an exciting time to get into The Sims 4. Since our initial launch on PC, we have made several updates to the base game, ranging from the addition of Ghosts and Pools, to New Careers, Half-Walls, and Dishwashers! Not to mention, we also added the world of Newcrest, to give your Sims space to continue to grow; overhauled the Create a Sim tool, to provide expanded gender customization options; and most recently, added Toddlers as a new playable life state! All of these great updates will be available to you at launch when you play The Sims 4 on console.

It won't stop there either! Upon The Sims 4's release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 this November, Maxis and the team at Blind Squirrel Games plan on revisiting our current lineup of extra DLC to bring over some of the best experiences to console on a regular basis, but we plan to start providing players periodic game updates that mirrors some of the latest content we've released for PC, delivering new features, and continuing to improve your game experience.

Ready to jump right in and play with life? Starting today, pre-order The Sims™ 4 on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 to get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff* featuring hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor. Yep, you read that right; from now until November 17, 2017, when you pre-order the physical or digital version of The Sims 4 on console, you will receive a digital code to download The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack at launch.

Looking for even more fun? Pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition on Xbox One and PlayStation® 4 , and you will not only get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff at launch, but extra perks and exciting content* including:

• Early Access, get up to 3 days of early access to the full game;
    • Life of the Party Digital Content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylized outfits for your Sims;
    • Up All Night Digital Content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes;
    • Awesome Animal Hats Digital Content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off.

To recap, while the worldwide console release will be on November 17, 2017 there are a few ways to play The Sims 4 on console, including:

• Joining EA Access** to unlock early access via the Play First Trial starting November 9;
    • Getting The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition to enjoy early access starting November 14;
    • Getting The Sims 4 Standard Edition to experience the game at worldwide launch on November 17.

For those of you that are attending Gamescom in Cologne, The Sims 4 console will be hands on for the first time on the show floor in the Family & Friends Zone in Hall 10.2 from August 22, 2017 - August 26, 2017.

We'll be revealing more details in the months to come. To stay abreast of the news, check out our FAQ regarding The Sims 4 on console. Be sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram, Like us on Facebook, and Subscribe to our YouTube channel.

Appreciated, but you don't have to post this advertisement here. Every thread gets lock down because somebody someone goes off-topic.

NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2018
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Well, @SimGuruHouts, it’s been a year now since you promised builders that we are not forgotten, and all you have given us is a few new roof options! Really, is that IT!?! Seems more like a second thought than actually showing builders the “love” EA claims to have for us. :(

Unfortunate, but you might as well consider choosing the build modes between simplicity (TS4) or complexity (TS3/TS2), as I don't think EA loves anyone except for those are willing to throw them buck loads of cash. ;)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yes, building options still aren't nearly up to snuff. The new roofs, for example, can't be deformed out of their equilateral default shape, even though a hexagonal, octagonal, or pentagonal room can be changed and stretched freely. We don't have the stage/platform tool that we eventually got in TS2. We can't build our own apartment buildings. We still only have one kind of staircase. We still don't have a tool for adding colors or textures to ceilings. We still don't have round walls/rooms. We still don't have a checklist-less community lot type that actually attracts random NPC sims. Plus, we could really use halved versions of the new roofs...just saying.

I play in Live Mode much of the time, but I also love to build. I love making new and interesting buildings based off of my favorite architectural styles or weird ideas that just pop into my head (like my mushroom house, for example). I love making custom community lots that serve my own personal gameplay and world building needs instead of adhering to some generic template (like my bath house) and having them be actually functional and attract NPC's. I rarely use terrain tools in TS2, but when I do, I like adding ponds and lakes of different sizes and shapes to parks and back yards. I like having big lots to work with so that I can have the option of making a normal-sized house surrounded by a bunch of trees and flowers and bushes and such-the-like or a freakishly huge mansion or castle if that tickles my fancy...and I like picking how many lots of what sizes I have instead of having someone decide for me how many of what sized lot should be "sufficient" for my building needs, thank you very much, Sir!

TS4 has a few nice improvements to build mode over TS4 (varying wall heights, a basement tool, the squash-and-stretch room editing, and the ability to place windows as high or low as you like on a wall), but there are so many missing pieces, plus the drawback of not being able to do even the crudest, simplest version of creating your own worlds (just picking a world template, a terrain type, and a skybox). It's become a tired saying in modern AAA games that there's a good game buried under all of the broken junk...but TS4 is pretty much the embodiment of that saying, unfortunately.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    Yes, building options still aren't nearly up to snuff. The new roofs, for example, can't be deformed out of their equilateral default shape, even though a hexagonal, octagonal, or pentagonal room can be changed and stretched freely. We don't have the stage/platform tool that we eventually got in TS2. We can't build our own apartment buildings. We still only have one kind of staircase. We still don't have a tool for adding colors or textures to ceilings. We still don't have round walls/rooms. We still don't have a checklist-less community lot type that actually attracts random NPC sims. Plus, we could really use halved versions of the new roofs...just saying.

I play in Live Mode much of the time, but I also love to build. I love making new and interesting buildings based off of my favorite architectural styles or weird ideas that just pop into my head (like my mushroom house, for example). I love making custom community lots that serve my own personal gameplay and world building needs instead of adhering to some generic template (like my bath house) and having them be actually functional and attract NPC's. I rarely use terrain tools in TS2, but when I do, I like adding ponds and lakes of different sizes and shapes to parks and back yards. I like having big lots to work with so that I can have the option of making a normal-sized house surrounded by a bunch of trees and flowers and bushes and such-the-like or a freakishly huge mansion or castle if that tickles my fancy...and I like picking how many lots of what sizes I have instead of having someone decide for me how many of what sized lot should be "sufficient" for my building needs, thank you very much, Sir!

TS4 has a few nice improvements to build mode over TS4 (varying wall heights, a basement tool, the squash-and-stretch room editing, and the ability to place windows as high or low as you like on a wall), but there are so many missing pieces, plus the drawback of not being able to do even the crudest, simplest version of creating your own worlds (just picking a world template, a terrain type, and a skybox). It's become a tired saying in modern AAA games that there's a good game buried under all of the broken junk...but TS4 is pretty much the embodiment of that saying, unfortunately.

Even if we were to get half of what you wish for, it would make this game a whole lot more fun and interesting. But, alas, I am losing all hope that we will see anything significant added for build tools in the future. EA’s silence on this speaks volumes. :/
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    Drago97232Drago97232 Posts: 59 Member
    I agree with everything you all said but remember that adding those types of feature is much more complicated than adding new objects. It needs time and effort. Making round wall is not that easy to do and might not incorporate well in the game for exemple...
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I agree with you, the game really lacks tools for builders. I'm not a builder, but even I wish for things like round walls and spiral staircases since the beginning. In fact, I want round walls since TS3 times and was a bit disappointed when I found out there weren't in TS4. It seems like such an easy thing for me to implement, but maybe it really isn't. Another thing I would like to have again are the ladders from TS3 Island Paradise. There were really useful when building an attic without wanting to waste much space with a whole stair.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    HippiSimsDesignHippiSimsDesign Posts: 58 Member
    I miss all the options we had when in build and buy mode. Like in Sims 3 when we were able to change the fabrics and everything on our furniture and clothing. It left endless possibilities.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018

We don't have round pool and fountain tool shapes, we don't have terrain tools, we don't have platforms, we don't have a foundation tool, we can't place stairs diagonally, we can't add the normal wallpaper to the foundations, we can't delete single floor tiles, there are no pool stairs, there are no ground hot tubs, there are no spiral or l shaped or u shaped stairs, there are no second empire roof tops, there is no awning tool, there is no greenhouse tool, there are no corner fireplaces, there are no flat stoves to put on kitchen islands they all have that weird thing coming out on the back, there are no multi-level windows etc.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Gingerfury333Gingerfury333 Posts: 1 New Member
    I hate to come here and be negative but I feel completely robbed. I cant believe I've spent almost $200 on this game, I still only have some of the expansions and packs... As a builder, finding out that you cannot add/build new lots with out replacing others or add/ build new neighborhoods with empty lots at least.... crushed me. I won't be buying the rest... or any other sims games if they continue to make them this way. I'll be going back to The Sims 2. I haven't played a lot but I already am so frustrated with it that I'll probably give up. Everything is so much more complicated but less fun and less customizable with there not being an option to build your own neighborhood or add new empty lots. I feel as though I'll get bored with it quickly since you're limited to the amount of lots and neighborhoods you can have. Which is ridiculous considering the price of these games! I thought of purchasing the sims 3 but after losing so much on this one and being so disappointed, I don't think I will now. I'm sure I'm one of many that feel this way. As I am also sure EA games is going to lose tons of customers over it as well.