Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for Builders, So Not Buying

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited July 2017
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    Nothing for builders.
    Nothing for players.
    Nothing for anybody

But just remember... we're not more important than those people who like that there's nothing.

I don't get this mentality. I didn't hang around the S3 forums so I don't know if this was happening back then, but I have to admit I'm confused about how many fans of this game state they don't want this or that instead of saying they do.

I admit I didn't like the way a lot of things were implemented, but it never meant I wanted it nerfed. I only wanted it fixed or improved. Strange days, I guess.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    We already have a lot, we have stuck around for all this time for a reason. Sometimes, some people just want to be mean. They take joy in that. We play the Sims we do not own it. We do not own EA or Maxis. I think if you love it and just want some things to improve, then we should say so because we are allowed.
    And I think to a point they do appreciate our feedback.
    But a Few go to Far, They seem to become haters .seems they are allowed as well.
    We have moderators If they allow it. so be it. Just play and have fun.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    We already have a lot, we have stuck around for all this time for a reason. Sometimes, some people just want to be mean. They take joy in that. We play the Sims we do not own it. We do not own EA or Maxis. I think if you love it and just want some things to improve, then we should say so because we are allowed.
    And I think to a point they do appreciate our feedback.
    But a Few go to Far, They seem to become haters .seems they are allowed as well.
    We have moderators If they allow it. so be it. Just play and have fun.

TBH, I'm more curious about what the next game will be like if/when there is one. I'm sticking around for news of that. I got tired of sticking around for this one. 3 years is far too long to wait for tools that were available in 2 and 3 within the first year. It's ridiculous, imo. Even 1 had terrain tools for Pete's sake.

I could build my own worlds in 2 on release. Within the first 6 months, we had that ability in 3. 3 years after release of 4, and we still have nothing but a hidden re-colourable pool wall. Pardon me for thinking that's pathetic.

Call me a hater if you want. I have thick skin.
  • Options
    @Kremesch73
    No, i was not talking about you. That was directed at the ones that Hate the company, two people I met up with, yesterday. one does not even play.
    I am a builder also, I know we need tools, to me, it's not fair that 2 and 3 had the same tools we are asking for. But they also had cars. I am not understanding that at all. I am on the side of all builders. If we do not ask we will not get anything.
    You just get lost and downhearted trying. Who knows what works. What will get them to give, the builders more tools and everything else we need. if you read my comment further up you will understand me. and how I feel about the builders, and building in the Sims 4.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Stormsview wrote: »
    Kremesch73
    No, i was not talking about you. That was directed at the ones that Hate the company, two people I met up with, yesterday. one does not even play.
    I am a builder also, I know we need tools, to me, it's not fair that 2 and 3 had the same tools we are asking for. But they also had cars. I am not understanding that at all. I am on the side of all builders. If we do not ask we will not get anything.
    You just get lost and downhearted trying. Who knows what works. What will get them to give, the builders more tools and everything else we need. if you read my comment further up you will understand me. and how I feel about the builders, and building in the Sims 4.

Ah. Sadly, I lost faith. I stopped buying and playing shortly after GT. I had high hopes and a lot of faith at first, but that went down with each patch and pack they released. Yeah. There's a lot of 'stuff.' I just don't think this is my game. Something for builders would surely tempt me, but I feel I've waited far too long.

I kept my eye on CL, but didn't buy for a reason. There's nothing there for me.
  • Options
    @Kremesch73
    I see no response in this builders thread, No life left in the builders, they have stopped believing, stopped asking. I think I sent my last to the Gallery this morning, something they can use for the Woods at Granit Falls one more Fun Vacation for them the simmers. and bring the toddlers too. They do want that.
    I do think it's my last. I will stay and play the sims, but always will be a builder at heart. I will see if I stay as things are.?
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I support you builders. I rarely build, but I haven't had real enjoyment in building since TS2, although I have made builds for TS3 (when I had to for my story). I appreciate you all for making your wonderful creations and sharing with the community. Some of the builds I have dl from the gallery have honestly made the game more enjoyable for me. So thank you, I support you and I hope you get more tools and everything else you've been asking for!
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Mmhmm, We still need:

Terrain Manipulation
    Garages and Driveways
    Different Shaped Stairs
    Multilevel Houses
    Lot placements (from a empty lot bin, of our choosing, and wherever we want it to be placed)
    Hood decor (to add around the lot you are building on)
    Some kind of CASt tool (even if it's a tool separate from the game like Sims 2 Bodyshop. I need that freedom to choose which color I want for my builds exterior/interior.)

These are just basics of what I need to build the houses I want. There are still other things that can be added of course such as different architectural styles.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    Goodywood wrote: »
    Mmhmm, We still need:

Terrain Manipulation
    Garages and Driveways
    Different Shaped Stairs
    Multilevel Houses
    Lot placements (from a empty lot bin, of our choosing, and wherever we want it to be placed)
    Hood decor (to add around the lot you are building on)
    Some kind of CASt tool (even if it's a tool separate from the game like Sims 2 Bodyshop. I need that freedom to choose which color I want for my builds exterior/interior.)

These are just basics of what I need to build the houses I want. There are still other things that can be added of course such as different architectural styles.

Terrain manipulation is impossible with the style they used to make the maps this time around. in TS1, 2, and 3 they used programs where they could manipulate land levels and actually sculpt the land over and over and over again. whereas this one is a pre-programmed 3D mesh not unlike the worlds of most other video games where all you can do is interact with the land. You'd have to be programming this game to be able to manipulate the land lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited July 2017
    It would be marvellous if you could make worlds again by using SimCity as you could for Sims2 with SimCity 4. I made several attempts at it and used the readymade ones as well. I managed to get a few mountains and hills in.

Do you remember those days? An example is here....

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes2/sims2/sims2info/tutorials/neighbourhoods/sc4/sc4terrain.html

There seemed no limit in those days of Sims 2.
  • Options
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    It would be marvellous if you could make worlds again by using SimCity as you could for Sims2 with SimCity 4. I made several attempts at it and used the readymade ones as well. I managed to get a few mountains and hills in.

Do you remember those days? An example is here....

http://www.simechoes.org/simechoes2/sims2/sims2info/tutorials/neighbourhoods/sc4/sc4terrain.html

There seemed no limit in those days of Sims 2.

Yeah. S2 was extremely innovative. Mod-friendly too. I like how everything is easily added simply by dropping it in the downloads folder. I love CAW, but I hate how everything relies on the Launcher in order to get it properly into the game. It's such a buggy and clunky piece of software.

I made a lot of furniture and recolours for S2. Made several worlds I played in. Never even tried any of the in-game neighbourhoods, and I played it for over a decade. Even made a few of my own mods. It's unfortunate they decided to ignore us this time around. They had a potential customer in me. But then they lost it.

These days, I spend most of my time in CAW. I honestly can't play this game without the ability to create worlds and build them as I imagine them. It adds something to the game that keeps me coming back for years.
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    Here is the list of things I want:

1. TERRAIN TOOL

AOGrfDA.jpg

I do not know about you guys, but I'm tired of building homes on completely flat lots. It is extremely limiting. The terrain tool opened a range of absurd possibilities, and it also featured the cheat code "constrainfloorelevation", which allowed for incredible construction tricks. Unfortunately this tool was removed from The Sims 4 because of the "Olympus Project" since the terrain changes data would be too complex to synchronize and an online game server. But now The Sims 4 is now an off-line game and producers could make an engineering effort if there were issues with the gallery.

2. LAKE TOOL

sims3updates_obj_1149_M.jpg

This tool was great for use in community lots. It does not exist in The Sims 4, so because we do not have a terrain tool. What do I have to say about this? A sadness. Players have been forced to build pools and then add rocks all over the edge as a sort of disguise, creating a kind of artificial lake. It's decadent.

774-670x350.jpg

3. INDEPENDENT FOUNDATIONS

maxresdefault.jpg

If we build a house with foundations, any other building in the lot, even if it is not connected to the main building, will have to have a foundation as well. It's ridiculous and limits buildings a lot. I would like to be able to build any room in a lot and decide on which one will have foundation, which will not have, and also set different heights for any.

I'd also like something similar to the cheat "placefriezes" that came with The Sims 3 Ambitions. This cheat allowed to put "foundations" in the part of the top of the construction.

sims3ep2-60.jpg

4. L Shaped Stairs Tool

9b99f4bb97bf6c19a7ec86ba3b6d4fcc--l-shaped-staircase-staircase-ideas.jpg

It is past the time of Maxis provide to the players a TOOL that allows the construction of L-shaped staris. And detail: I said "TOOL". I do not want a ladder "object" like it was made in The Sims 3, or shomething similar a Spiral Stair, that is a pure object.. I want a tool that lets you build L-shaped ladders freely, allowing you to set the height of the base. In The Sims 2 Open For Business was added a "special foundation that made it easy to add L-shaped stairs, though it was not so perfect. In The Sims 3, the producers did not add the special foundation and the players were forced to use cheat, a total setback.

I only accept spiral stairs as an object, now L-shaped stairs NEED to be free.

9BR6rO4.jpg

5. SPIRAL STAIRS

Yeahh, we want Spiral Stairsss! But remember people! There's not just spiral stairs in the world. We also need L shaped stairs!

6. CHANGE CEILING TILE

In The Sims 4, we can't change the ceiling tile. Is always that white tile forever (but I hope not). This feature was present in The Sims 2, and in The Sims 3 always was present since base game.

sims3updates_obj_18035_1_L.jpg

If I remember anything else that I would very much like to return to building mode, I'll show up around here again. But yes, there are claims, and they are clear.

The last substantial addition to the build mode, which I saw, were "half walls".
    Post edited by celipoesias on
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    The stairs... we need the stairs.
    Diagonal stairs, L-shaped stairs, spiral stairs.

All of them.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited July 2017
    I feel the frustration when I'm trying to build Castles

I can build mansions, chateaus, Family houses, cottages, but I get builders block when it comes to building Castles/Palaces, Modern Homes, and building venues.

maybe it's the 4-level limit, roofing... I just keep scrapping when it comes to this type of build.
    and I really want a daunting castle.

I've looked on the gallery and google searched for inspiration, but I'm not really able to carry it out.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited July 2017
    ts4 needs so much more building options. building in ts3 is a nightmare but at least we have a lot of resources for it.
    not building related tho but i wish there was an option to make a certain wall visible, sometimes the wrong walls will go down in the cutaway mode and it makes the lot look ugly :p
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    i am waiting since years meantime for at least some new roofs
    i stopped buiding because the roofs options were limited & didn't allow to build the houses i wanted

I would like to have conical or octagonal roofs for proper towers, especially if we get witches/wiizards so we can make proper towers. Also spiral staircases.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Empire roof sections, at least 5 (straight, rectangular window, round window, inside corner, outside corner), bay windows, all of the above ideas. Better control of roof angles so you can get identical pitch if you need to use multiple units. Trying to build a proper Victorian is a nightmare in this game, a snap in TS2.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    ts4 needs so much more building options. building in ts3 is a nightmare but at least we have a lot of resources for it.
    not building related tho but i wish there was an option to make a certain wall visible, sometimes the wrong walls will go down in the cutaway mode and it makes the lot look ugly :p
    If building in TS3 is a nightmare, I must love having nightmares. Things don't always have to be easy to be fun. They have to be possible.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited July 2017
    @JoAnne65 Simplicitee and flexibility - these two things are always welcome in my book and I want to befriend the product when it offers/provides. However, when I see the game's big momma, by the name of EA, approaching to me - in my head it screams "IMPOSSIBRUBE".
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    @JoAnne65 Simplicitee and flexibility - these two things are always welcome in my book and I want to befriend the product when it offers/provides. However, when I see the game's big momma, by the name of EA, approaching to me - in my head it screams "IMPOSSIBRUBE".
    As much as I love some of the building tools in Sims 4 (because they're easy), I don't feel like building in the game (because it feels like all I can do is throw in other people's ideas). And I absolutely love building in Sims 3, even when placing roofs is a bit of a hassle and I better think through where I place rooms before I start, because changing things is more difficult. Somehow that doesn't feel like a nightmare though, I rather find it extremely addictive. As much as I appreciate the tools that make things easier, it apparently is not a real big deal. When I'm building I often even forget to go to bed because I can't stop ;)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    celipoesiascelipoesias Posts: 433 Member
    edited July 2017
    I remembered that we also are not able to change the style of the ceiling tile. In The Sims 4, is always that white tile.

sims3updates_obj_18035_1_L.jpg
    tenor.gif
  • Options
    Bear31Bear31 Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited July 2017
    I do agree to some extent that they need to bring in some new stuff where building is concerned. I don't think its that you are being ignored or anything, but the more dominant voice, from what I can see, is more innovative game-play and wanting them to fix all the bugs/glitches than there is about building.

I'd love to see the terrain tool return, would LOVE the ability to be able to add more room to a lot if I need more room than a 20 by 20 lot, the ability for my gardener sim to put their plants anywhere in the ground (will explain in detail in a minute), be able to have yet another floor (you know, for hotels?), and maaaaybe glass walls (not windows.....actual walls of glass that aren't broken up in window format) and glass roofs too (you know, for the purpose of having a greenhouse to house plants?).

Okay......so........the third on that list. You all know Factory One in Windenburg? There are those spots that you see along the sides of the building where you see plants (or the appearance of such). Well, I was building on that lot one day and I have a gardener sim. I thought, 'how cute would it be if I transformed that spot into a garden for my sim!'. Come to find, when I tried putting her plants directly in the ground, I couldn't. There was no way to make it happen. What I am saying with that, it'd be great if we could make it happen. Have a grass tool that we can use that would be able to put earth there where there was none before. My fix to this was to just use planter boxes, but it would be awesome if I could do away with them.
  • Options
    princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited July 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    If building in TS3 is a nightmare, I must love having nightmares. Things don't always have to be easy to be fun. They have to be possible.

lol what.
    building in ts4 is fun because its simple, cant say the same thing bout sims 3 tho..
    the same way downloading lots in sims 3 is a nightmare, because u have to download it then open the launcher then install it then you can proceed to launch the game.
    if you think doing all this cr*p to have a single lot on your game is fun then youre really a masochistic :#:#
    then again, everyone has a different opinion on whats fun and whats not. dont need to be a jerk bout it.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member

lol what.
    building in ts4 is fun because its simple, cant say the same thing bout sims 3 tho..
    the same way downloading lots in sims 3 is a nightmare, because u have to download it then open the launcher then install it then you can proceed to launch the game.
    if you think doing all this cr*p to have a single lot on your game is fun then youre really a masochistic :#:#
    then again, everyone has a different opinion on whats fun and whats not. dont need to be a jerk bout it.

Simple isn't always better.

And you absolutely do NOT need to install TS3 lots through the launcher. You can easily just drop a .package lot into your library folder without ever needing to open that hideous launcher.
    So yes... guess you don't need to be a jerk about it ... right ?

Anyhow, I feel for builders this time around. I really do think they've just been stiffed with this absolute set of basic building tools because people consistently claimed building was "too hard". Building in TS3 is not hard, but as a result of all that complaining, this is what builders have been left with.
    Next to nothing.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

lol what.

I don't think she was being a jerk about it. She was just saying she prefers the creative freedom
    One offers over the other. I agree with you about the launcher. That thing really ruins the experience. There are ways around it for some things. But not with others.

I would also prefer the creative freedom when it comes to building. Maybe one day, we can have something that unites both games when it comes to both.

I do like the ability to resize and move rooms and roofs. I also like that we can save rooms. but I would like to have the freedom in terrain and world tools more.

As for the gallery and launcher, I feel they're moot points to bring up. There is no reason why we couldn't have better building tools and a gallery. They're not the same thing and therefore no reason why we couldn't have both. One is simply a delivery method. The other is something that can make or break a game for a builder or colony player.