Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which next expansion pack do you want for the Sims 4?

I wanna hear what you guys think.

If I had any action working with EA, I'd talk about an Amusement Park Expansion Pack, (It'd probably be a game pack just like outdoor retreat), but you'd be able to go to three amusement parks, (just like how in the Sims 3 World Adventures (which was the first expansion pack as well, and also the first expansion pack to the Sims 4 had THREE jobs to pick from (hint hint), it had three worlds to visit.

Now, from what I just said, you'd think it's only a game pack. Now let me talk about how it could become a expansion pack:

New hair/outfits/makeup dedicated to the amusement parks (example; you'd maybe be wearing mickey mouse ears at Disney World and be holding mickey balloons)

Instead of staying there for one day, you could rent a hotel that's not specifically at the amusement park, but there in the city, for example, I live in Florida, so I'd go to Orlando, check in a hotel, and I could then go to Disney, Magic Kingdom, water parks, etc etc. So you'd be at an apartment, just like a house, but in the background around the neighborhood you could see the tall rides from the amusement parks.

Owning your own amusement park, they've done it before with the Sims 3 Island Paradise, and they've sorta done it with Get To Work.

Some amusement parks would be:
Something similar to Disney World
A water park where you can go in the pool and rivers and have slides and go in a lazy river, etc
And a place that doesn't have rides, but lot's of attractions, something like Holy Land

New objects: Slides, more outdoor stuff, cool stuff, ya know?

I feel like it would be too big to be a game pack, but it definitely could. What else have you guys thought of in your head?
8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0

Comments

• Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    bump! :D
  • Options
    Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    Dude, bump already after only 29 minutes? ... :/

Rumor has it we might get some kind of Pets pack sometime soon, and nobody knows what size pack that would be, but I'd like pets.

It seems to me like the Sims 4 Expansion Packs so far tend to take elements from previous Sims games - aliens, clubs and nightlife, apartment living - and add to them. With that in mind, I'd like to see some kind of University/School EP and some kind of Showtime/Show Business EP.

Because Sims 4 has Worlds made up of multiple Neighborhoods instead of choosing just one Neighborhood to play in like I remember from Sims 2, I'd like it if the World of a future University EP had more than one college in it. I'm thinking at least two, one Ivy-League-style expensive college and one less expensive community college. If the World was able to be big enough, there might be room for a performing arts college or a technical institute, but the World would also need to have room for at least one normal suburban neighborhood; ordinary townsfolk would need a place to live, and some students might want off-campus housing.

I don't know what bonuses would be available for earning a college diploma. I didn't have Sims 2: University, so I think the bonus there was that Sims who graduated from college started their careers a few levels ahead, but I could be wrong. Having Sims start their careers several levels ahead after graduating from college would probably also work for Sims 4, but I think there could be other ways of rewarding Sims who finish college that might work better with Sims 4's gameplay, like earning different Reward Traits for finishing college at different schools or for studying different majors.

Judging by what I've read on the forums, it seems like quite a few Simmers want their Teens to be able to go to prom and graduate from high school. I'm not entirely sure how that would work in the context of Sims 4, but it seems like it would fit well with some kind of University EP. It might be some kind of sequence of events that triggers when a Teen is getting close to Aging Up. The prom and graduation themselves would probably be rabbit hole events, with options for Sims to have pre- and/or post-prom parties and graduation parties at their families' homes (or elsewhere).

I imagine that, before graduating from high school, Teens would have to use the computer to apply for college admission and scholarships. Sims who got good grades as Children and Teens would have better chances of their applications being accepted. I'd also like it if parents could apply to send their offspring to private school/prep school. A Child/Teen who gets good grades at a private school would have a better chance at being accepted to the fancier universities than a Child/Teen who gets good grades at regular school.

As far as a future Show Business EP would go, I don't really have many ideas. I mainly just want to see some kind of fame system; I've mentioned this before on the forums, but I find it kind of weird that my Sims can become master artists, major league athletes and bestselling authors, and yet when they meet someone new, that other Sim has never heard of them before. I also think it would be fun to see some kind of "Simmywood" World and to have entertainment careers beyond just being a musician or comedian, like an actor career or a film director career. I also think it would be fun if Child Sims could become tween idols and Teen Sims could become teen idols, but I have no idea how the progression towards becoming a tween/teen idol would actually work in the game.

Anyway, those are just some pipe dreams of mine for future Sims 4 EPs. Reality is probably going to look nowhere near as cool as my expectations. And I can live with that.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I think seasons will look amazing in the sims 4! But I'd also be happy to see University and Pets.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i would say pets seasons and vacations
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    NicoleJM95NicoleJM95 Posts: 3 New Member
    Pets would be amazing!
  • Options
    Pets on the Sims 3 pets looked AMAZING and realistic. With the Sims 4 on the more cartoonish side, I expect them to look very cute and just as good! :)
  • Options
    BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited June 2017
    Supernatural.
    I want witches and fairies. I wouldn't mind if they were released them separately like they did with vampires.

Sports.
    I know it's already implemented but I'm sure they could find more stuff to add. Like a gymnasium and the gymnast career.

Apartments.

We need more. Although I doubt they'd make another ep on the subject.

Professions.
    Dozens. They don't have to be active careers. I like the way they addressed professions in CL ; semi-active is okay with me.

Vacations.
    Mainly focused on beach life, with boats and scuba diving like we had in Island Paradise.

Sims in space.
    We'd live in a spaceship which we would upgrade and maintain. Maybe add a new type of alien too. And planets to colonize! So instead if giving us new towns and district, they could release new planets with out-of-this-world landscapes. It would make Create-a-World interesting if they ever make one.
  • Options
    amanda88mamanda88m Posts: 39 Member
    Seasons. It's always been my favorite, and in my opinion-- the most game-changing.
  • Options
    fuffydevilfuffydevil Posts: 48 Member
    Island Paradise or something really similar! I really miss the beach and watching our toddlers swim :( Plus owning a resort!!
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I'm always hoping for pets but the amusement park idea sounds amazing, I hope we get something like that :)
  • Options
    KlttyWhiskersKlttyWhiskers Posts: 10 New Member
    SEASONS!!!!
  • Options
    Woah, sports. Imagine having a sim get payed to play football/basketball/baseball... awesome right?
  • Options
    SugiliteSugilite Posts: 7 New Member
    University, Supernatural, Pets or Seasons. Either or for me. :D
  • Options
    BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    I want a fresh, new , EP idea. One that brings hobbies and entertainment. There isn't much for sims to do , for fun.
  • Options
    I_AbbyI_Abby Posts: 1 New Member
    Will it be possible for the EA to create a expansion pack that is more about on "Beauty Pageant"? to tell you the truth I am a fan of beauty pageant :smiley: and I believe that people will be more challenge to make their sim work out for the crown :smiley: . I mean if its only POSSIBLE.
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    Seasons if it's not a game pack and also I'm missing University a lot!
  • Options
    TubbieHeadTubbieHead Posts: 48 Member
    [quote="fuffydevil;c-15808893"]Island Paradise or something really similar! I really miss the beach and watching our toddlers swim :( Plus owning a resort!![/quote]

Yess. That was my favourite EP in the Sims 3
  • Options
    BryceoswagBryceoswag Posts: 3 New Member
    [quote="BlueOvale;c-15808866"][b]Supernatural. [/b]
    I want witches and fairies. I wouldn't mind if they were released them separately like they did with vampires.

SAME
  • Options
    catharticcathartic Posts: 5 New Member
    I love the idea of universities again. Except I am not sure of how well that would work because of the fact that it is so hard to split up households in TS4. It wouldn't really be great to send the entire family to college, but I would still like to be able to play other sims in the family easily without completely separating the family, if that makes any sense.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    edited June 2017
    I'd love a school expansion pack, not just focused on college, but on elementary school and highschool as well. (and yes I know there's a mod, but I'd much rather have an official EA version)

Hell, they could even add a daycare setting where we can either send our toddlers, or play as the person running the daycare.
    Post edited by liliaeth on
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    I'd like another city living type thing. More apartments!!! Maybe it could be combined with University, but it's like a college town and you can live there full time, but not visit the college campus.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    1. Seasons
    2. Vacation pack (introduce Island/Beach get-away -- could this pack include volleyball?, maybe some type of World Adventures stuff too -- visiting different "countries")
    3. Pets (but to include small animals (birds, lizards, gerbils, hamsters, etc.) as well as cats & dogs)
    4. Farm-type of pack, to include Create-A-World (modifying worlds to make the most of this type of pack), growing crops (to include new types of plants, trees), and larger farm animals, to include ranch animals (horses).
    5. University/School for everyone (including older adults) -- could this pack include the pool table?
    6. A pack to include volleyball, pool, kickybag, soccer -- a lot of things for sims to do with each other that I miss from the previous Sims.
  • Options
    KuroiKuroi Posts: 137 Member
    I'D LOVE TO HAVE AN EXPANSION OR GAMEPLAY PACK DEDICATED TO MAGIC AGAIN:

- It should include witches and wizards with BREWING AND CONJURING SKILLS.

- It could be COMBINED WITH OTHER ADD-ONS, like the Spooky Stuff pack (furniture), Outdoor Retreat (collecting herbs and brewing), Pets (magical pets, like in Sims 2), Get to Work (open your own magical shop) and Vampires (furniture, clothes, general gameplay) - or a University pack in case we will get ever one (for Harry Potter fans: build your own Hogwarts university).

- Magical sims should be able to duel each other and to perform magic on non-magical sims and selected objects (depending on if it makes sense).

- The developers could implement a RANK SYSTEM to manage your sims' magical powers as they are levelling up - like it is already known from the Vampires GP.

- There should be NEW ASPIRATIONS AND TRAITS (e. g. "being the most powerful witch/wizard" or "being a good/bad witch/wizard" or others) that could also be linked to already existing aspirations, like "knowledge", "family" and so on.

- The same goes for NEW LOT TRAITS in order to mark a lot as accessible "for witches and wizards only (/mainly)" or in order to create a "magical atmosphere" on a lot so that it is easier to improve your magical skills there or to - as seen in Vampires - trigger the birth of magical children.

- I'd love to have a MAGICAL NEIGHBOURHOOD as well. I know that Windenburg and Forgotten Hollow would fit in thematically too - but both are too small have to vampires, normal sims and witches and wizards in it at once. Furthermore I'd like to have a magical world where only magical sims are to be found (and I don't want to throw my non-magical sims out of their houses).

- Of course, NEW FURNITURE (incl. a usable crystal ball, book of spells), BUILD-OBJECTS, CAS-OBJECTS AND RECIPES would complete the pack.

I hope I didn't forget anything. Anyway, a magic pack like this (or better :wink: ) would complete the game for me - besides Seasons and Pets. University would be great too (for Harry Potter reasons) but my highest priorities are on the three already mentioned. I really, really hope - no, I pray! - that we will get Magic and Seasons (as Pets seems to be quite certain).
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    pets or seasons
  • Options
    lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    I would want Pets, Island Paradise and Seasons.

Pets in my opinion would be a perfect complement to Parenthood by learning empathy for animals, responsibility in caring for them, etc. I want dogs, cats and horses again. I'd like to see some new traits and aspirations with this pack even on the negative side, i.e., loves animals/afraid of animals and an aspiration either under location (like own a dude ranch), popularity (have lots of animal friends) or an entirely new category for animals (well trained, breeder, etc.)

I would love it if our Sims could swim in open water again, own a house boat with ladders even if the area they can move the boat is a bit smaller maybe in some lake or ocean side community. Ladders and spiral stairs would be a nice change from the old regular straight stairs that have gotten very boring.

Seasons would just add some variety with rain, fall, snow instead of always being sunny. It could add new moodlets, like bored because it's raining, or whims like jump in a pile of leaves or build a snowman. This could also complement Parenthood in that you might be able to discuss moods or encourage or discourage things the kids do, such as their boredom or raking leaves.