Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Spring Show Project

mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
I have a building in my game that I use as a boarding school/prepping school for teens. I was planning to have a dinner party for the parents on Saturday. I have done it before in a summer school for children and it worked out nicely. Then I got an idea that why wouldn't the kids make a musical performance too. I built a stage and the Spring Show Project is looking good this far. I've had their teacher watch their performance and there doesn't seem to be any problems, but the true test will be once the parents arrive. I was thinking of making a club with watch live entertainment as the club rule.
05-07-17_10-16-27nbspPM_zpsnznirjt9.png

Too bad I came with the idea pretty late and the kids are horrible musicians. I allowed the blue haired girl to tell jokes instead.
05-07-17_10-17-02nbspPM_zpsnv5khpff.png
Post edited by musteni on

Comments

• Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    Really cool idea!
    I wish they would bring bands back, and add the ability to have kids in a band. That way you could really do a concert for the parents! And some different musical instruments would be nice! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Real bands would be fun! I didn't play TS3 so never experienced that. I've had some "band" experiments in TS4, but I was always attempting to make a club that would autonomously play instruments in a bar venue, so this was a bit different. Previously my problem had been the audience getting to the stage, but with this setup I was able to keep them out.

I liked how excited the parents were about the show although the kids sounded absolutely horrible :joy: In this picture especially the teacher Odinna. It was likely the last group she was teaching.
    Oxdj2Ik.png

The kids also decorated a wall featuring photograps, paintings and the biggest catch from their trip to Granite Falls. Next group of teens will have to try and beat that.
    XnNZywV.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,597 Member
    The Spring Show Project is a great idea! :) It is very special and nice pictures of the teens performing and the parents and teacher enjoying listening and watching them perform.
    The photos and paintings look very nice on the wall . They would be very proud of the fish that they caught!
    Thankyou for sharing these pictures with us from your game :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Thanks Rosemow! I was excited to test this idea :)

I see this got moved into expansion packs. The club use wasn't my point really, though I took advantage of it to get it done this time. My previous band experiments were done in a lounge and the musicians got autonomous audience there, so this kind of show could likely be arranged on a community lot with base game only. Might not get all the parents watch that way, but hey I didn’t get all of them either because they didn’t fit in the club.

(So I finally got to post what I was about to post before the forum went down for an eternity. I still stand by that this is a general inspirational thread that doesn't require expansions.)
  • Options
    dogboy678dogboy678 Posts: 200 Member
    I do this with my teen sims! I make glee club and make singing, dancing, playing instruments, and watching live entertainment the main activities! I have them compete with other clubs and listen to music and act like they are singing it's super fun!