Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please, work on the babies in this game.

meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
I love the toddlers, thank you for adding them. But the babies in this game are a hot mess.

The skin coloring for the babies don't make any sense with the parents skin color. My black couples just had a pale skinned baby (let me reiterate, when they're both black), and my Asian couple (who I made very pale skinned) had a tan color baby. Why is this? I don't use CC at all, just the game's default skin colors.

Can you guys try to implement this in the game?:
igg4go.jpg
(It's from a modder, but you see how they added hair and different PJ options too?)
Or this with eye color variations:
2jfiqf8.jpg
I'd rather not download mods, but instead have it officially placed in the game by you guys. That way I don't have to worry about updates and such.

So yeah, besides the "attached to the bassinets" feature, lack of hair, unable to change clothes and the same clone faces.----The skin coloring issue is my biggest complaint right now. So I'd be happy if you guys could work on that for now.

Oh, Thanks for at least not making them burrito babies though.

30tl0kz.png

Comments

• Options
    ratsrbestratsrbest Posts: 579 Member
    Aah. Adorable little Sims 2 baby, the best of the lot :)

They'd smack their little lips after they'd had a drink and could be bathed in the sink.

That Sims 4 baby is scary looking...
    Don't feed the trolls
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Why would you want all the babies looking like that?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question.
    Looking like what?
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Babies look horrible they're just lifeless now and add nothing to the game I really wish they would do something. I agree that they need clothing options and at least a few hair style choices like bald thin or a full head of hair. The current skin tones are a joke but beyond that babies need to be unleashed and made into actual Sims not just a object babies are just a rushed mess.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @ChadSims2 Babies have never been pure objects in the Sims 4, they're real sims tied to an object (and it's the same in the Sims 3 as well, except that the object baby doesn't include a bassinet). Freeing them from the bassinet would require a lot of animations and it wouldn't be easy, just like toddlers, but the good news is that I think it definitely can be done :)
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    meeoun wrote: »

Looking like what?
    All the same I have that CC PJ's for babies but its only 2 outfits and the babies look the same that way. Sorry the haired babies look horrible.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    @JoAnne65 Babies are both sims and objects, more exactly a sim tied to an object looking like a baby in a bassinet, and I can confirm it as I know how they're coded, they do have sim data, a sim ID, motives, etc, just like any other sim. Even older sims are tied to objects. The object is their body. It's always been this way, a good example is how in the Sims 3 you can object delete a sim, but it deletes only the object part of the sim, not the sim itself, there is plenty of remaining data but incomplete so the sim is corrupt.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

Looking like what?
    All the same I have that CC PJ's for babies but its only 2 outfits and the babies look the same that way. Sorry the haired babies look horrible.

Dude, you think I'm not thinking that?!

I'm spoon feeding with my feedback. Baby steps.

And in my opinion the haired babies look a lot better than the bald ones. The bald babies look like baby rats with onesies.
  • Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Babies look horrible they're just lifeless now and add nothing to the game I really wish they would do something.
    +1

Sorry EA, IMO, the babies in Sims 4 are visually gross.
    And the crying...it's just creepy. IDK, too real maybe? It sounds like an old, royalty free sound file.
    I don't have kids so I have no benchmark to judge the sound on but something about it seems mismatched to the vocal sounds of the other sim ages. The toddler crying on the other hand blends perfectly.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Candyd wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 Babies are both sims and objects, more exactly a sim tied to an object looking like a baby in a bassinet, and I can confirm it as I know how they're coded, they do have sim data, a sim ID, motives, etc, just like any other sim. Even older sims are tied to objects. The object is their body. It's always been this way, a good example is how in the Sims 3 you can object delete a sim, but it deletes only the object part of the sim, not the sim itself, there is plenty of remaining data but incomplete so the sim is corrupt.
    Thanks, didn't know that :smiley: (sounds a bit like real life, body and soul ;))

(in reaction to the conversation, I prefer the babies with hair tbh, don't understand why EA made them completely bald in all versions; I like the babies in the OP like I also prefer the CC babies in Sims 3)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I love the toddlers, thank you for adding them. But the babies in this game are a hot mess.

The skin coloring for the babies don't make any sense with the parents skin color. My black couples just had a pale skinned baby (let me reiterate, when they're both black), and my Asian couple (who I made very pale skinned) had a tan color baby. Why is this? I don't use CC at all, just the game's default skin colors.

Can you guys try to implement this in the game?:
    igg4go.jpg
    (It's from a modder, but you see how they added hair and different PJ options too?)
    Or this with eye color variations:
    2jfiqf8.jpg
    I'd rather not download mods, but instead have it officially placed in the game by you guys. That way I don't have to worry about updates and such.

So yeah, besides the "attached to the bassinets" feature, lack of hair, unable to change clothes and the same clone faces.----The skin coloring issue is my biggest complaint right now. So I'd be happy if you guys could work on that for now.

Oh, Thanks for at least not making them burrito babies though.

30tl0kz.png

They are scary looking to me. Like some weird doll. I love dolls however, the new modern day baby dolls freak me out. Look at that baby on the right, his/her legs are huge. They are just creepy. The TS2 baby seems more natural to me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options

Looking like what?

And in my opinion the haired babies look a lot better than the bald ones. The bald babies look like baby rats with onesies.
    Calm down its my opinion and they just look to creepy and not all babies have hair. So instead of having them look creepy I don't have the haired ones. No one plays the same here and I know you are giving feedback but you are also asking for the sims team to make something that was made by a creator on another website to provide to all of us to enjoy.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    I would love it if they improved babies.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Looking like what?

Calm down its my opinion and they just look to creepy and not all babies have hair. So instead of having them look creepy I don't have the haired ones. No one plays the same here and I know you are giving feedback but you are also asking for the sims team to make something that was made by a creator on another website to provide to all of us to enjoy.

If they ever add hair they can add the bald style, too. It would be great to add hair choices for babies instead of them being an afterthought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I wish they would work on freeing the babies.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    JanoJano Posts: 100 Member
    I wish they looked more like sims 2 babies, I thought they were more realistic. They had different colour eyebrows so you knew what colouring they would have before they aged up.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    Jano wrote: »
    I wish they looked more like sims 2 babies, I thought they were more realistic. They had different colour eyebrows so you knew what colouring they would have before they aged up.
    Sims 2 babies were perfect, the only flaw about them was they would sometimes be placed on the floor which I would take in a second over the garbage we have now.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I'd love if they would finally get away from these bald babies that just look creepy. As someone who had much, MUCH hair as a newborn, I wish that they would improve this, because it's just cliche that all babies are bald :D . Maybe they could do it this way that babies with genetics of dark hair (brown, black, maybe even red?) have some hair already, because as much as I know, real life bald babies are more likely to get blond hair when they become older.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    TS3 babies are GOAT. Of course I used cc on them and freed them from the burrito.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 596 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    TS3 babies are GOAT. Of course I used cc on them and freed them from the burrito.

I rarely play sims 2 so I can't compare but I don't mindmind the sims 3 babies at all. There's mods that gives them legs and mods that changes the clothes and the "burrito" if you wish.

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

I rarely play sims 2 so I can't compare but I don't mindmind the sims 3 babies at all. There's mods that gives them legs and mods that changes the clothes and the "burrito" if you wish.
    Babies in Sims 2 feel like real babies, babies in Sims 3 and 4 feel like dolls (and afaic a very creepy doll in 4). That sums up the difference for me.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    MadIris wrote: »

@MadIris Yes, that's what my comment was saying. I used cc on them in order to give them legs. I hated the burrito.
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Babies in Sims 4 are horror little trapped monsters. And it's a shame too. In both my Sims 2 and Sims 3 I've modded my babies. They have hair, clothes, hair accessories, booties, etc. This is what I had expected with babies in Sims 4, minus modders having to add these things for players.

Again, like many other issues with the game, babies are just underwhelming and disappointing. They are part of the family not some object that is left in a room only to be feed and changed when they cry.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    angelchromeangelchrome Posts: 421 Member
    ...some object that is left in a room only to be feed and changed when they cry.
    In a room? How fancy! ;)
    Just plop them next to a planter box in the backyard. Water, feed, evolve, change diaper...
    Snow or rain sure ain't in the forecast...