Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim Throughout The Years (CAS Edition)

Linds_the_kittyLinds_the_kitty Posts: 565 Member
2014:
P8qY44d.png
This is the Sim that I first created when TS4 came out with the Deluxe, and god, it looks awful. These clothes were made with only the base game. She looks normal, geeky, plain, and bland... I think that "Geeky" was what I was trying to accomplish with her; the nerdier and geekier side of me in real life, and I tried to implicate that onto the Sim, and it just turned out looking bad... Which does not look like me at all because I don't have freckles, nor this "geeky style" in real life. But I do have that mole on my face... which is kinda accurate, but I have several other moles on my face. I still have her saved in my Gallery, which I'm not sure if I want to keep, or just throw away the old memories. For God's sake, I made her date Travis from the BFF household and even made a doppelgänger so that she could have a best friend!

2015 or 16?
8bz5zk0.png
This is the only image I have of her in this version.. I wasn't able to take a better picture because I already deleted her from my library.. I don't think I knew what I was doing here either... Again, she looks terrible. I don't think I had a very good taste in makeup at this time. Nothing changed much, except for her freckles. I removed them so that it'd look more like me. And she got a glasses upgrade! These glasses are very close to what my glasses look like in real life (except it's all black..) She stayed the same, body-wise, and I just think I had really bad taste in fashion in general. I just didn't know what fashion piece went with which and just said, "Well plum it, let's take a risk and match this outfit with this bold necklace!" (Her other outfits were way awful than the one that's shown here..) At this point to now, I just didn't have time to play the actual game and experiment and see what's new with all the new packs that came out during this time.

2017!
ITIDGCM.png
Behold, the new and improved Sim! Now this is accurate! I think this the only Sim version that I'm proud of. I just recently finished creating her, like just yesterday. And she is also created with all the new packs that came out that I missed out on, except the Vampire one and City Living because I'm broke. Now let's get into what changed in general:
  • I removed her glasses because I just felt like it was unnecessary and it was sort of "blocking" her face if that made sense. I couldn't really see her makeup due to the lenses. Even though I still wear glasses, I felt like it was time for a change on everything, including the glasses. I don't wear my glasses as much as I used to; In fact, I rarely wear them nowadays.
  • I made her thighs and hips wider. I think I just needed to stop with the "ideal body image" that I stuck with with the previous versions, and it was time to stop that.
  • I also made changes to a few other places that may or may not be noticeable :p
  • Also, new hair color! Now, my hair doesn't look like this, but... New hair, don't care. B) It was time for a change anyways because it was getting really boring with her plain dark brunette hair.
  • Also gave her new traits as being a musician just wasn't her aspiration anymore. Inspired by a fellow Simmer on the forums ;)
I also created her outfits based on Spring, so I made her outfits "Spring-themed". Spring is my favorite time of the year for me because I feel like around this time.. is a new time for new beginnings and new possibilities, so I did just that. :wink: This version was far more improved because I felt like I learned what's in trend and what's not in fashion and makeup, so I was heavily inspired from everything from real life. :smile:

Here's one outfit that I really like:
nK3ak4T.png
(I just happen to really like that haircut from Backyard Stuff a lot, okay)

At first, I was going to have her wear a flower crown for Spring, but that just didn't fit in with any of the outfits I was creating, which sucks, but it's fine without having the need to have a flower crown. Now I just wish there were chokers so that it'd really look aesthetic..

I might post here again if I make new outfits for Summer. Just waiting for the Origin sale to start soon. ;)

To me, I think this was a really fun and joyful experience for me, and benefited me in some way..? It was really nice to see how far I improved, as a person, on fashion and style, and I feel like I'm on trend. It's just nice seeing what goes with what, and what does not, and being like, "Ooh, this looks nice!" Because I was so hiatus on TS4... I learned a lot in the fashion world. Even though this is just in just CAS... and I spend an awful lot amount of time whenever I'm in Create-a-Sim.. and even though I didn't even play around with the new additions, improvements, and updates to the game.. I think it was worth it. ;)

EDIT: Feel free to just look up my Origin ID in the Gallery if you want to download her. Gallery coming soon!

Now onto actually playing the game... Except I have to furnish the house that she's gonna live in first. Sigh.
Post edited by Linds_the_kitty on

Comments

• Options
    LumineyLuminey Posts: 49 Member
    She looks super cute! It's always fun making yourself in the sim, and being able to wear the clothes you'd rather wear than the ones you own makes it a dream come true. I also love that haircut from the Backyard stuff pack, may need to get that myself now.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    Luminey wrote: »
    She looks super cute! It's always fun making yourself in the sim, and being able to wear the clothes you'd rather wear than the ones you own makes it a dream come true. I also love that haircut from the Backyard stuff pack, may need to get that myself now.

Thank you! :relaxed:<3 It's just really cool to see the progression and stuff, y'know? And yeah... That hairstyle's perfect for Spring and even Summer. I think it's quite worth it ;)
  • Options

Thank you! :relaxed:<3 It's just really cool to see the progression and stuff, y'know? And yeah... That hairstyle's perfect for Spring and even Summer. I think it's quite worth it ;)

Also one last thing, which pack does that white v tube top comes from? I feel like it's in the base game, but I'm drawing a blank.
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options

Also one last thing, which pack does that white v tube top comes from? I feel like it's in the base game, but I'm drawing a blank.

The white tube top is actually part of an outfit from the Bowling Night Stuff pack.
  • Options

The white tube top is actually part of an outfit from the Bowling Night Stuff pack.

Ah! Thank you, of course that newer one eludes me as well. Thank you for the information! Keep making yourself look fly~
    icon by alexiadraws
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    You're welcome! Feel free to message me if you have any more questions.
    Post edited by Linds_the_kitty on
  • Options
    Dspenguin2000Dspenguin2000 Posts: 39 New Member
    I personally think they all look good keep up the good work!
  • Options
    I personally think they all look good keep up the good work!

Thank you so much! :blush:
  • Options
    Dspenguin2000Dspenguin2000 Posts: 39 New Member
    your welcome :)
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    Loving this nerdy to cute transformation!! :heart:
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    Thanks!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited May 2017
    It is very nice and special seeing the various simself vesions that you have done through the years :) I like each version! Both your simversion and yourself are very special ! <3