Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I don't really want zombies in sims 4

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @JoAnne65 I wonder if they purposely did it so that people would buy more store items rather than giving us an option to turn them off completely.

Since there were mods easily available, I'm not sure if that entered into their mind -- just a way to add more cool spooky stuff because a lot of players wanted that.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I liked them better in TS2. As I recall, they were a "failure" state - when trying to bring back a sim to life, there was the chance they could come back as a zombie.

In TS3 they are a nuisance and not fun to play or even witness. The best thing about them was they made good machinima for the Sims horror movies in TS4 :)
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @JoAnne65 I wonder if they purposely did it so that people would buy more store items rather than giving us an option to turn them off completely.

Since there were mods easily available, I'm not sure if that entered into their mind -- just a way to add more cool spooky stuff because a lot of players wanted that.

Leaving out all the other features with the Manor , it does address the zombie issue and not everyone is willing to play with mods. I don't use the zombie mod though I am told there is one. The Manor was issued much later than supernatural ep. The Manor I believe was designed for Midnight Hallow
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    In TS3 I liked to play as a witch and improve my spell casting abilities on my Zombie victims. Very satisfying.
    I very much agree on how annoying they are/were, a lot of times I would turn the moon cycle off just to avoid any Zombies from spawning. I really don't need them in TS4, but I don't think there would be a dedicated "Zombie Pack" anyway. They may come with other Supernaturals. If they do, I hope they tune the spawning numbers/intervals right from the get-go.

I liked the moon cycle for the "Kissed Under A Full Moon" moodlet (hey, I'm a romantic at times), but after having a frat party ruined by zombies I installed a No Zombies mod. I got tired of my genie having to teleport all the zombies away from the party (genies at University are awesome; no more dirty roommates or dorms, and can whip up perfect meals for everyone with the wave of a hand.) B)

I'd still like to see an on/off switch for supernaturals/occults added for individual saves. I like vampires (I've currently got a klepto vampire who grabs a goodie when stopping off for a midnight snack :D ) but I don't want them in every single save. Ditto with aliens, though at least you can avoid them by not going to Sixam or entering the Scientist career as far as I can tell; I've turned off Alien Nights with MC Command Center so that also keeps down the population (there might be a few disguised aliens hanging around but I haven't come across them).
    Exactly, even when you're a supernaturals fan, it can be too much sometimes. You don't always want the same thing in your game. (and indeed, genies are great at University, and in tombs :smiley: ).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    I would rather not see zombies again either. I had one zombie in TS2, as soon as I saw him I quit without saving. I really liked that sim, and seeing him like that was :s . Never had another zombie since then.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    they weren't fun in 3 and they didn't look fun in 2 ether

They weren't fun in 2. They've never been fun.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    they weren't fun in 3 and they didn't look fun in 2 ether

agreed.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    All supernaturals should be eradicated.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017

At your service.

1bb46a46.jpg

795b8aca.jpg

5f6a465d.jpg

07232ac7.jpg

395da63e.jpg

db12d722.jpg

5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

At your service.

795b8aca.jpg

5f6a465d.jpg

07232ac7.jpg

395da63e.jpg

db12d722.jpg

alas poor yorick i knew him well lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I hated zombies in TS3, if EA decides to add them back I hope they do it in it's own gamepack like what they did with vampires.

P.S. I won't be buying it
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member

They should all be in the beginning :D:D:D

The Sims Game
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited April 2017
    I liked them in Sims 2.
    I'd like them in Sims 4, if they were actually dangerous.
    However, they're not a necessity, I'd rather improvements to ghosts.

Sims 3 Zombies weren't the best, though.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I'm not interested in supernaturals, and zombies are probably the worst of all because I can't even play with genetics with them :D
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Just curious. Is ther talk of adding them back in?
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,098 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    I'm not interested in supernaturals, and zombies are probably the worst of all because I can't even play with genetics with them :D
    Making them more detailed and playable would be a better zombie to hang with. It doesn't matter to me if we get them or not. I wouldn't mind them in game. I do love the other supernaturals and want them in the game.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope zombies go after TS4's Sims brains. :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

that would make them more fun. you think they will do it?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well, with how intelligent TS4 sims are now, those poor zombies would starve to death.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I don't want zombies either. They are my least favourite supernatural character. I would love witches and fairies though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hated zombies in TS3, if EA decides to add them back I hope they do it in it's own gamepack like what they did with vampires.

If they make a GP for zombies, nobody will buy! :joy: It will never happen.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ask to all Haitians to be a Zombie is most a curse people fears than a funny thing and fortunately in the sims they are in the same idea.

In the sims 3 remember they can be cured but what I hate the most is they are just here for the Full Moon and the invasions at this time of the game is not often controllable sometimes because you've got a group of them in front of the house destroying your plants , groans at you and want to attack all the time.

I don't find them fun, but I am myself scare of being out too much in Full Moon.

Your sims when they are zombified are brainless totally even if they take their human form.

I think they are accessories and making them as a gamepack isn't really need. I just wish a witch gamepack that you can turn temporarily other sims as zombies, making two or three threats or making people zombified to control their wishes (as a mind control slaves) than getting zombies as full entity to play.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member

If they make a GP for zombies, nobody will buy! :joy: It will never happen.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: That's so true!
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

that would make them more fun. you think they will do it?

Maybe? I didn't expect them to go back to their deviant roots and make vampires bite other Sims by sneaking in at night, so if they make zombies maybe they build it on legends.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    ts3 zombies were awful. *shudders at the memories* but, if they decided to flesh zombies out (I feel that's kinda punny) I wouldn't be opposed to having them around again.

For instance you could make them creatures with only the hunger need as a way of kind of giving them a pro to play maybe add in a slightly slower walk/shamble speed and immortality (well I mean there already dead so not really but...they can't die again) immunity to diseases and mind manipulations (vampires or other occult's that turn up and make it so only their creator can use voodoo on them) and them give them special abilities like making other sims ill and or turning them into zombies as well extra boosts to winning fights and dampened emotions.

Also they could really expand the voodoo skill and have it so a sim could make a zombie with the voodoo doll making it so the zombie would be faithful to that sim (high relationship maybe the zombie fights anyone who is mean to their creator) and can be given commands through the doll as well as act as a storage area for energy if it's an occult sims that has bound the zombie.

Actually a pack focused on voodoo magic with zombies added in could have potential (if thought is put in to it) add in the scared emotion and let zombies instill fear you could set up a great zombie apocalypse >:)

I would encourage them doing a gp with a bit more than just zombies (voodoo pack) and to seriously revise zombies so they don't just annoy the plum out of everyone. Also if it's a gp people can pass it up with out loosing other things.

Basically I can see potential for the idea to be good if someone out there wants to put in the effort and not recycle previous attempts at zombies.