Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No color wheel? No problem. But...

Can we at least get color swatches that actually compliment each other? I've always thought that the various build items where assigned to people who never shared their work with each other. They were told to just make swatches in green, blue, pink etc with no identification of which shade. EA, you do realize that there are numbers assigned to colors, hexadecimal, pantone, you know there are standardizations.

Can someone just make the colors and textures work together. Please.

149nrs3.png

Comments

• Options
    1need4kaffee1need4kaffee Posts: 486 Member
    Hear! Hear!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Oi! I agree.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SkyeFallSkyeFall Posts: 55 Member
    Agreed
  • Options
    monocerotis13monocerotis13 Posts: 567 Member
    Me too- I really miss create a style , it's funny, I'm not the sort of person who has to match everything in RL but I do when I play!
    'No I'm from Iowa- I only work in outer space' James Tiberius Kirk
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Yes to this... I haven't understood it either. Stop creating things in a vacuum!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    I agree 100%...
    The absence of a color wheel wouldn't be an issue if EA could make sure that all of the accents on things like siding, trim, doors, windows, and railing matched.
  • Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    So agree!!!!
  • Options
    SandySimSandySim Posts: 2,523 Member
    Yes please!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes please. I'm tired of furniture and clothing that only almost matches. It would be great to have the option to alter hair colours too to get some more shades in.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Agreed! Often when I want to build in certain styles, I am limited to a small number of build/buy stuff because so few of them actually match nicely. It's like the only things that match, are actual sets, and as a result, buildings start to get a bit repetitive... Especially build stuff. It's always so difficult for me to choose windows and doors because either the ones I want to use have swatches that don't match, or I want to use a certain colour scheme but the doors and windows with those colours, have an extra colour jammed in (like the white rims around/inside the colour area, as in the door on the OP image), which looks ugly.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Yes please. I'm tired of furniture and clothing that only almost matches. It would be great to have the option to alter hair colours too to get some more shades in.

Omg. Could we get matching blacks and whites in CAS???
  • Options
    ShanEnriShanEnri Posts: 61 Member
    I agree! I love black and white in CAS and build and buy!!!!!! Nothing matches though, the blacks are different shades of gray and whites are almost non existent. I feel limited in bb as well as cas.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    Agreed 100%. I also match a few doors and windows per build, because matching colours is very limited. I also hope we could have different colours for windows on the inside and outside. Like white on the outside and blue on the inside.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited April 2017
    I would really love the option, where an item in CAS, buy or build mode has multiple colours to it, to mix and match those colours. Unfortunately I feel that the colours put together don't go necessarily gel with my intended look for a sim or room. And to be honest, some of the combinations don't even go with each other very well. I think I have got quite a good sense of colour schemes and it bugs me when I can't quite get what I want in the game.

For example, I wanted to put end tables in my current household's bedroom, by the bed, but I cannot find any that match the wood frame of my bed. But I can't change the bed without changing the colour of the bedspread, which means changing the carpet and walls as well! So now I have beside tables that match the chest of drawers, but the bed and standing mirror are different shades of wood. It bothers me. In my bedroom, the wood furnishing is all the same colour, excepting the window and door which match the general colour scheme for such things across the entire house. Essentially though, everything goes together!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Omg. Could we get matching blacks and whites in CAS???

What whites? EA whites look grey.
  • Options
    watcherwatcher Posts: 37 Member
    I have been missing the color wheel ever since I got the game. I have never been able to understand why things don't at least match. I certainly agree, also, the the whites are grey. That's annoying. A true white would help enormously.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    I would love more colours too
  • Options
    KatieVapezz97KatieVapezz97 Posts: 36 Member
    > @Mariefoxprice83 said:
    > Yes please. I'm tired of furniture and clothing that only almost matches. It would be great to have the option to alter hair colours too to get some more shades in.

I also agree with this comment too. We definitely need to bring the colour wheel back!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    even if there is no color wheel i fully agree that more color choices are needed for clothes or furniture or appliances
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    24Lunaa24Lunaa Posts: 62 Member
    I just started sims 4 a few months ago, and the missing colour wheel and lack of CAS is a major drawback. I think I could live with furniture being slightly off shade, but the lack of control on build items really ruins some of my builds. I can never, ever find the right floor or wall colour.
    Gallery ID: 24Luna
    Check Out My Gallery!

• Options
    PlaidygamiPlaidygami Posts: 51 Member
    I agree. When I played The Sims 4 trial, I remember being disappointed there wasn't a colour wheel. If at least they gave us plenty of swatches to play with, I wouldn't have minded, but I remember the selection leaving more to be desired.
    来る者は拒まず。 去る者は追わず。
    天下無不散之筵席。