Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Banks, Please

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    nessatay1920nessatay1920 Posts: 459 Member
    This might only be worth a stuff pack, but if you could incorporate more gameplay for a game pack then by all means. I always thought the addition of banks to The Sims would be quite a great idea. Starting a retail business in any of the past business oriented expansion packs was always a tedious thing to startup unless you just used money cheats. While one could always take out a loan from the First Bank of Rosebud (money cheats). It would be great to have this actually be a part of the main gameplay.

Your sims could go to a new lot called a Bank, obviously, where they could speak with a representative for a loan or open up a checking and/or savings account which would more or less be like the money transfer system currently in the game for retail lots. You could actually put pressure on to actually repay the loans too. This could engage more to utilize the entrepreneur aspect of the Get to Work expansion pack or the Restaurants game pack too.

Perhaps one of the consequences could be a visit from a familiar foe, the Repo Man. There could also be working ATMs too.

If you could just make this a stuff pack or even a patch that would suffice.

I love this idea! They should really do this. Apply for credit and not only get a loan for a business they want to start up but also get a loan for a house or a car (when we do get them).
  • Options
    I have read a lot of good ideas here; I particularly like the bank robbery/police investigation possibility. I also like the idea of adding a banking/finance career path.

Regarding the possibility of mortgages and bank loans, I like the idea, but how would it be set up? Banks charge interest on loans, and in reality those interest rates are controlled and constantly manipulated by a complex economic system. Would the interest rates at this "Sims Savings and Lon" be fixed or would they fluctuate from day to day?

As for checking and savings accounts, you could argue that the money system that the Sims uses has long been an adaptation of the direct deposit system already in use by most banks and employers. Purchases in Build/Buy could be viewed as putting that direct deposit money on a debit card and then using that card to make purchases.

As a side note, does anyone else find it unrealistic that purchases in Build/Buy can just be instantly dropped into your house? I am thinking that even with Amazon Prime, it usually takes two days for orders to arrive. Perhaps it could be that purchases are shipped to your house, or they could be picked up at some Sim post office.
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes, I want this too! It would be much more fun than grinding to raise toddlers, train pets, have successful parties, etc.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    edited December 2018
    Seeing the similar mod, ATM also must be helpful when your family is rich and you move out sims, so the new family can start with more than the basic amount of simoleons, before move out a sim, to to ATM and take a card with the simoleons you want. Then when that sim start her/him household, deposit that card at ATM (now, her/his own household account)

Also bank system will serve to auto pay bills (if you have founds at bank account, when bills reach expiration time, auto-pay)
  • Options
    Gator1964Gator1964 Posts: 5 New Member
    I would like to see CD's in the game.

# Sim Days Interest Rate
    30 2%
    60 3%
    90 5%
    120 8%
    180 10%

Sims can withdraw before maturity but will suffer a penalty.
    At maturity, sims will have the option to withdraw or renew.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited June 2019
    Hey @Gator1964 - I'm moving your post to this thread as the one you posted in is really old (2013) and it was for The Sims 3. The ideas here are similar and the discussion is not as old ;)

I'd recommend checking the info in this topic as well, it's good to know for new members - welcome to the forums!
    Post edited by EA_Mai on