Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Woodworking Bench- making our own Eco furniture

What if the furniture and items that come with the new pack meant you had to craft them? Would there be any interest in that as opposed to buying them?
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    That would be fun. At the beginning of the game I had my sims make a lot of stuff with that bench, one of my first families was stuck in the wood tub for a while lol. I think this pack would get me into that kind of game play again. It's nice to start a legacy with very little and have them make what they need.
  • Options
    danplayer01danplayer01 Posts: 25 New Member
    This would be really awesome, crating your own furniture would be great for this pack.
  • Options
    reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    We can already make some furniture with the woodworking station, but it would be nice if we could make wooden flower pots and stuff like that. Can you imagine putting together your own compost bin? Or maybe even your own laundry basket?
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    reiureya wrote: »
    We can already make some furniture with the woodworking station, but it would be nice if we could make wooden flower pots and stuff like that. Can you imagine putting together your own compost bin? Or maybe even your own laundry basket?
    We can make flower pots with OR! I actually figured it out just recently. I had one sim who was into woodworking, but it was before I bought OR, so I didn't know it added extra items.

Toys would be really cool to make and thumbs up for other furniture too :smile:
  • Options
    If you are talking about the Outdoor pack, I don't have that one yet. Still, it would be nice to have some with different designs you know.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    What if the furniture and items that come with the new pack meant you had to craft them? Would there be any interest in that as opposed to buying them?

That's a great idea, and one that fits in with the Eco Living theme.
    I think the items should also be buyable, for the folks that don't want to go the "do it yourself" route. But it would be great to make our own compost bins or wooden washtubs.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    hannaht413hannaht413 Posts: 95 Member

That's a great idea, and one that fits in with the Eco Living theme.
    I think the items should also be buyable, for the folks that don't want to go the "do it yourself" route. But it would be great to make our own compost bins or wooden washtubs.

It seems likely that they would also be available for purchase because the OR items can be purchased or made at the woodworking table.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    If you are talking about the Outdoor pack, I don't have that one yet. Still, it would be nice to have some with different designs you know.
    Yep, OR=Outdoor Retreat Game Pack.

This guide shows all the items you can make: http://sims-online.com/sims-4-handiness-woodworking-skill-guide/
    This one has pictures of the poor quality objects: http://simscommunity.info/2014/12/06/sims-4-tutorial-woodworking/

I would like my sim to make a poor quality dining chair, but don't know how. All her furniture turns out nice.
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Yep, OR=Outdoor Retreat Game Pack.

This guide shows all the items you can make: http://sims-online.com/sims-4-handiness-woodworking-skill-guide/
    This one has pictures of the poor quality objects: http://simscommunity.info/2014/12/06/sims-4-tutorial-woodworking/

I would like my sim to make a poor quality dining chair, but don't know how. All her furniture turns out nice.

Have her in a bad mood before crafting.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like this to and toys as well
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I would love more items for the woodworking table. I made a post about it a few months back and everyone shut it down cause, "It has loads of stuff you can craft" and "It's fine the way it is" and blah blah blah...

I hope the gurus give us a voting option to make the furniture and other items from this pack craftable in the woodworking station. Maybe even add cool eco furniture only available through the woodworking.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    I'm hoping to get Outdoor Retreat this year. I can't go buy the packs often, but I'm saving for the most expensive ones first. I still have Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat (which I kept calling it Outdoor Living yesterday for some reason) to go, before I start getting more of the smaller packs.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Great idea. I know we can create furniture with the bench already but it would be great to have the option to create furniture in a different style to the one we already have
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    I hope the gurus give us a voting option to make the furniture and other items from this pack craftable in the woodworking station. Maybe even add cool eco furniture only available through the woodworking.

Yes, that would be amazing :) Both your ideas are great.
  • Options
    guys the gurus are talking about wood
  • Options
    It's a good sign.
  • Options
    KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    I would definitely love it if the furniture was craftable as well because it would fit with the eco living theme, after all furniture you craft yourself is often made out of old materials that are re-used, for example my parents made a wooden bench out of a tree they had to cut down. That's a lot more eco friendly than going to a shop and buying a new bench, especially because those usually have industrial chemicals to make them more durable. I think making eco furniture craftable is a great idea!
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    edited April 2017
    Interesting. Visiting SimGuruGraham's page is all about wood (well, a lot of wood talk going on)
    https://youtu.be/q6bBBfbMQxM
    ETA: Not sure about this video, but it would be interesting to build your own furniture!
    This was from Sept. 2014. Can we already make furniture? I have not used this in game (if it is the workbench in game)
    Post edited by FairyGodMother on
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    That sounds like an interesting brainstorm session. Exactly how many wood related terms are there?!
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    I don't know but by the tweet I would say a lot
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    That would def be part of a country type vibe and it would be neat. :)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Can we already make furniture? I have not used this in game (if it is the workbench in game)
    You haven't made the solid wood bathtub?
    The smooth hand (and other parts) polished wooden toilet?
    Seriously, you can make a bathtub and toilet and barstools and all sorts of cool stuff with the woodworking bench.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would love to be able to craft more things! Keeping fingers crossed
  • Options
    MaanedatterMaanedatter Posts: 32 Member
    Have allways felt that woodworking lacked dirversity, really hope that this becomes a thing.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Well the higher you get in that skill and handy the more you can make. My sims makes a ton of furniture. He's super attracted to that thing - but I started him as a teen living off the land by himself so for a long time it was the only thing he did besides go to school and dance. LOL. So now he makes tons of stuff. But yeah - I do hope they add more unique things - like toys and wood playground equipment - and build mode stuff.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....