Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daughters of the Warrioress Gen 2 - Updated 05/30

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    In chapter 43 we're officially meeting a slightly ill-humored teenage Lyta and a ton of poses I've done myself and didn't come to show off as much as planned. I feel betrayed.

14nmr1d.png

Ok, first thing. Serkon you can't have your daughter fight Vince. I know what he's like, he's huge. :joy: But Serkon is right about him fighting his own bodyguard. What would be the point? It's not in Vince's nature to kill Serkon so there's no worry about having to beat him. You captured child Leo perfectly (not that he's going to be a kid in my story anyway as i'm skipping past that. :) )

Haimon is still alive but he should try not to cause anymore trouble for himself. It might not go down too well. :#
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    Ok, first thing. Serkon you can't have your daughter fight Vince. I know what he's like, he's huge. :joy: But Serkon is right about him fighting his own bodyguard. What would be the point? It's not in Vince's nature to kill Serkon so there's no worry about having to beat him. You captured child Leo perfectly (not that he's going to be a kid in my story anyway as i'm skipping past that. :) )

Haimon is still alive but he should try not to cause anymore trouble for himself. It might not go down too well. :#

What? Why? :o Serkon figures Vince can teach her a lot more than anyone of her age ever could. And if she really arrives at beating him one day or at least blocking some of his strikes, she'll be a master warrior :joy:
    Glad Leo has been portrayed well. :) Btw, in case that you wanna know: Vince and Briella are 34 now, Bailey 13, Leo 11 and the twins 6. Hoping that I got all their age gaps right...
    Believe me, I'd never let Haimon just die offscreen and tell you afterward. Never. But although he was very reasonable this chapter, it actually doesn't matter any more how he behaves. His death is already decided, so what does he still have to lose? :(
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

What? Why? :o Serkon figures Vince can teach her a lot more than anyone of her age ever could. And if she really arrives at beating him one day or at least blocking some of his strikes, she'll be a master warrior :joy:
    Glad Leo has been portrayed well. :) Btw, in case that you wanna know: Vince and Briella are 34 now, Bailey 13, Leo 11 and the twins 6. Hoping that I got all their age gaps right...
    Believe me, I'd never let Haimon just die offscreen and tell you afterward. Never. But although he was very reasonable this chapter, it actually doesn't matter any more how he behaves. His death is already decided, so what does he still have to lose? :(

True, Vince does have more experience than a 16 year old. Over twice as much experience if you take into consideration how long he's been doing it. If Lyta could beat him, she'd be a force to be reckoned with!! (AKA a strong warrior and queen)

Also, woah, Vin is old!! (He's only 28 1/2 in my story. :lol: : ) You got the age gaps correct :) (funny enough, I tried guessing them and got it right :joy: )

Good that he won't die off screen but poor Haimon, he's gonna die. :'( I will miss him even if he was sometimes a menace towards Protego when Protego first joined the tribe. :)
  • Options
    SpectresValkyrieSpectresValkyrie Posts: 317 Member
    Lyta is fantastic and I adore her. Serkon makes very good points about Lyta fighting battles. No one will ask her her age or go easy on her because she is younger and inexperienced. I mean maybe she should work up to fighting with Vince. Haimon should be careful not to get into any more trouble. It could go very bad for him. I do feel bad. It seems like Haimon feels that Penthesilea doesn't love Haimon in the was that Amadahy loved Lusio. Which sort of makes sense. I do not think that Penthesilea has every really romantically loved anyone. Maybe just like platonic or maternal or a sort of crush.
    ETagn5d.jpg
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    edited December 2017
    Very sweet chapter, it is nice to see Amadahy and Hawika have a cameo in your story! I wonder what Amadahy will bring with her to the story.
    It is so weird thinking that almost 20 years have passed and that your favorite characters are getting old, with new ones plopping from the earth. In a few years Lyta will be as old as her mother in chapter one, it will be fun to compare both of them then.
    Lyta really comes after Serkon, I think no one can deny Serkons fatherhood now. xD
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    One more time again... It was... so so so great! Amadahy is so real and authentic like she is... I was astonished :o Looking at Haimon in this chapter I remembered Ogima again... I think Amadahy remembered him, too. And her answer was really cool. It suits her personality :) So...I think there will happen more interesting things.
    Lyta is her dad's reflection and I like their tandem a lot, I think Serkon feels really happy being father. Io as always is very nice and gentle... And still... I have a sense that something is going between Haimon and her ;) They have a connection :)
    Yeah, a lot of work was for you there and you did it great as always <3 Thank you so much, it was a honor to me and the whole Blessing Moon tribe :blush:
  • Options
    True, Vince does have more experience than a 16 year old. Over twice as much experience if you take into consideration how long he's been doing it. If Lyta could beat him, she'd be a force to be reckoned with!! (AKA a strong warrior and queen)

Also, woah, Vin is old!! (He's only 28 1/2 in my story. :lol: : ) You got the age gaps correct :) (funny enough, I tried guessing them and got it right :joy: )

Good that he won't die off screen but poor Haimon, he's gonna die. :'( I will miss him even if he was sometimes a menace towards Protego when Protego first joined the tribe. :)

No idea if she's ever gonna beat him, but at least not within gen 1. ;) But she'll certainly learn a lot from him!
    Right? And yet he's the youngest one of the adults :joy:
    And concerning Haimon and Protego... They've been friends for many years now and have helped each other survive the bad days.
    Lyta is fantastic and I adore her. Serkon makes very good points about Lyta fighting battles. No one will ask her her age or go easy on her because she is younger and inexperienced. I mean maybe she should work up to fighting with Vince. Haimon should be careful not to get into any more trouble. It could go very bad for him. I do feel bad. It seems like Haimon feels that Penthesilea doesn't love Haimon in the was that Amadahy loved Lusio. Which sort of makes sense. I do not think that Penthesilea has every really romantically loved anyone. Maybe just like platonic or maternal or a sort of crush.

Lyta strongly shows the stubborness of both parents, so she got a lot of it :joy: And you're right about Serkon, she'd better listen to him. But she can't resist a bit of banter :p
    As always, you have good points on Penthesilea's relationships... Maybe it's because Amadahy is of rather romantic nature anyway and it's easier for her to realize that she has fallen in love? But what did Haimon ask for? Love? Or something else?
    Damaro wrote: »
    Very sweet chapter, it is nice to see Amadahy and Hawika have a cameo in your story! I wonder what Amadahy will bring with her to the story.
    It is so weird thinking that almost 20 years have passed and that your favorite characters are getting old, with new ones plopping from the earth. In a few years Lyta will be as old as her mother in chapter one, it will be fun to compare both of them then.
    Lyta really comes after Serkon, I think no one can deny Serkons fatherhood now. xD

Goodness I was so excited and afraid at once to include Amadahy, @roseinblack69 can tell an epic of the questions she got :joy: The Blessing Moon tribe was the second Amazon Challenge/simlit story I read after @pammiechick 's tribe Wahine, and I really cherished the characters. It's such an honor to write her!
    Argh, don't mention the age :joy: Apart from Serkon who only looks better while turning gray prematurely, I'm ridiculously afraid of letting them age. Although you're right, it's so much fun to see Lyta and Phyllis grow up!
    Right? She looks like a female version of him, and Kaletor and Oiax (Serkon's sons with his wife) are undoubtedly her siblings.

One more time again... It was... so so so great! Amadahy is so real and authentic like she is... I was astonished :o Looking at Haimon in this chapter I remembered Ogima again... I think Amadahy remembered him, too. And her answer was really cool. It suits her personality :) So...I think there will happen more interesting things.
    Lyta is her dad's reflection and I like their tandem a lot, I think Serkon feels really happy being father. Io as always is very nice and gentle... And still... I have a sense that something is going between Haimon and her ;) They have a connection :)
    Yeah, a lot of work was for you there and you did it great as always <3 Thank you so much, it was a honor to me and the whole Blessing Moon tribe :blush:

*jumps up and down* Weee, so relieved you approve her! I won't admit rereading half of your gen 1 for that reason :joy: When she finally opened up to me, it felt very natural and what you've read is the very first version of this chapter, a rare situation actually :o Next chapter she will be invited by Alexander and meet the other leaders... Excited how she will react! :smiley:
    Serkon adores his warrior princess, as that's something no one else has. Of course he loves his sons/heirs, but Lyta will always be special.
    Io = <3 Well, someone has to calm Haimon down, right? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    SarahkaySarahkay Posts: 362 Member
    A little embarrassed to say, but I finally binge read the story. All of it. I admit, I would read a while and get frustrated with what I now think was you writing style. HOWEVER, I pushed through and I'm so glad I did! Your writing has really blossomed from chapter 1 and I honestly can't wait to read the next one!
    Also, I'm having a love/hate relationship with Haimon. :D
  • Options
    @Sarahkay Hey! MrsRacconey told me (before she left) that she is away, without internet, until next week. I'll welcome you to the thread until she gets back. :)

We all have a love/hate relationship with Haimon! He can be frustrating but you can't hate him completely either.
  • Options
    Sarahkay wrote: »
    A little embarrassed to say, but I finally binge read the story. All of it. I admit, I would read a while and get frustrated with what I now think was you writing style. HOWEVER, I pushed through and I'm so glad I did! Your writing has really blossomed from chapter 1 and I honestly can't wait to read the next one!

Welcome then in the presence! :smiley: So glad you like it now.
    I know now that the start of the story was too quick. The earlier chapters are unoriented. :D Fun to say, but when I actually had to slow down with updating because uni started again they became a lot better :D In that regard I'd be grateful if you could tell me what you didn't like or until which chapter. In case that I'd find the time one day to work over them.
    The next chapter is in progress... If I find time tomorrow, I'll start looking for poses ;)

@Bugsie2016 Thank you for stepping in! I only told the ones I'm in more contact with that I was away, figuring the update would still need a while anyway :D

@Bugsie2016 @Sarahkay Love-hating Haimon can be really exhausting at times :D I rarely feel so strongly for a character, the next one's probably Phyllis in gen 2, but on a more positive level. She has a lot from Protego *winks at Bugsie*
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

I know now that the start of the story was too quick. The earlier chapters are unoriented. :D Fun to say, but when I actually had to slow down with updating because uni started again they became a lot better :D In that regard I'd be grateful if you could tell me what you didn't like or until which chapter. In case that I'd find the time one day to work over them.
    The next chapter is in progress... If I find time tomorrow, I'll start looking for poses ;)

@Bugsie2016 Thank you for stepping in! I only told the ones I'm in more contact with that I was away, figuring the update would still need a while anyway :D

@Bugsie2016 @Sarahkay Love-hating Haimon can be really exhausting at times :D I rarely feel so strongly for a character, the next one's probably Phyllis in gen 2, but on a more positive level. She has a lot from Protego *winks at Bugsie*

You're back!! (Are you or is just another quick thing again? )

No problem, you told me so thought i'd step in until you got back. Now you can handle it. ;):lol:

You can have a love-hate relationship with Haimon and be perfectly fine. I have one and i'm fine. It's the love-hate relationship with Claude that's exhausting. ;) (You should know! )
  • Options

Honestly, I think it was sentense structure/grammar for me. The content was all there I just had trouble following along. :p
    Hope you can find time! ;)
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I have caught up! Great stuff going on here!!! *applauds*
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    You're back!! (Are you or is just another quick thing again? )

No problem, you told me so thought i'd step in until you got back. Now you can handle it. ;):lol:

You can have a love-hate relationship with Haimon and be perfectly fine. I have one and i'm fine. It's the love-hate relationship with Claude that's exhausting. ;) (You should know! )

Lol! No, I'm really back. :D
    Well, it's a question of how much you know of a character. I'm sure you're playing through several scenarios in your head as well that don't ever make it to the story. So of course their own characters will always be more exhausting for a writer than those of other stories, but as far as I can tell as a reader Claude is indeed tiring. It's gotten better with age, though. :)

@Sarahkay Thank you! Once I can take the time (probably never, lol :D ) I'll try to fix that. Have read through the first few chapters again and must say there are indeed a few weird constructions. Was probably still thinking too much in German because we have a lot more possibilities to start and form a sentence. :smiley:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Ooops, sent it too early. Definitely not on purpose, sorry @Meggles :joy: Yay, back just in time! The next chapter will be long... 2,200 words! And way too many own poses, again. Like, 7 couple/triple poses are still waiting to be made :s
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    Ooops, sent it too early. Definitely not on purpose, sorry @Meggles :joy: Yay, back just in time! The next chapter will be long... 2,200 words! And way too many own poses, again. Like, 7 couple/triple poses are still waiting to be made :s

This is why I have started breaking mine into "part 1" and "part 2". Plus...it's like an extra present to readers. Two updates in a row :D<3. Can't wait to read!
  • Options

You know i'll wait very patiently!! :)
  • Options

This is why I have started breaking mine into "part 1" and "part 2". Plus...it's like an extra present to readers. Two updates in a row :D<3. Can't wait to read!

Oooh... This sudden understanding for your update before the last... :joy: Sneaky! B)

@Bugsie2016 As always, as always... I'm honestly so grateful to have rather patient readers. It's nice when they tell you they're excited for the next chapter but if they repeated that every day, I'd be terribly stressed about writing. :joy: I see it on the stats of my site, though. The daily visits go up a week after the last chapter has been published. It honestly cracks me up each time :joy: Like, sometimes there are more views two weeks after the last update than two or three days after it when you should assume not everyone has read it yet :joy:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    After endless obstacles laptop and programs and sims threw on us, here we finally go with chapter 44 - one of the longest so far! And before you jump in to read, please don't forget to put on your finest Amazon robes: we're attending another feast! Because the Arythions never grow tired of those.

2rz77ua.png

Plus a short question. How many of you would like a casting call for the rest of gen 1 and gen 2? I need tons of sims for the next chapters and in gen 2 is a lot of empty space as well. Most of your sims would get one or more background roles, but if the background story fits they'll take more part in the events and I'd honestly see to that at least a few arrive there. ;)
    But before I'd start one, I'd love to hear if that's reasonable at all :joy:
    Post edited by MrsRacooney on
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Haimon. I hate you. I truly hate you. Well...only a lot. I still like you a teeny tiny bit.

Also, I'm totally up for a casting call! I need an excuse to make new sims!!!
  • Options
    DamaroDamaro Posts: 387 Member
    Nice one with the parallel story lines :) good style

I am all up for a casting call! I hoped you would make one.
  • Options
    Oh Haimon. You can't run away from your feelings, and now you'll most likely die from it. It's rather relieving that he didn't kill either of them. I was hinestly worried about that for a moment. :(

Yes! Casting call! :#
  • Options
    Haimon. I hate you. I truly hate you. Well...only a lot. I still like you a teeny tiny bit.

Ha! I knew this chapter would test everyone's sympathies for him but you still like him a tiny bit. That's something. :D I know no one can surpass Protego for you and that's completely fine! :smiley:
    Damaro wrote: »
    Nice one with the parallel story lines :) good style

I am all up for a casting call! I hoped you would make one.

Haha, well you proved true in the end. :D There are complications with the gallery in my game that require certain measures in submitting :s If those hadn't existed, maybe I'd have come around earlier already.
    Thank you! Good to know the parallel events have been received well :)
    Oh Haimon. You can't run away from your feelings, and now you'll most likely die from it. It's rather relieving that he didn't kill either of them. I was hinestly worried about that for a moment. :(

Yes! Casting call! :#

No matter that he's officially declared as murderer but he is anything but that. Both Io and Protego have been his friends for a long time and he might not like Phyllis very much but killing a child is out of question. Fortunately. But I'm sure Phyllis shared your worries! :o
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options

Ha! I knew this chapter would test everyone's sympathies for him but you still like him a tiny bit. That's something. :D I know no one can surpass Protego for you and that's completely fine! :smiley:

Now that i've thought about it from his POV, Haimon isn't really a bad guy. I can understand why he would do it. I wouldn't want to be forced to have a kid and then die. For him it's even worse; he hates kids. He's desperate..although that could be my slave sympathies. He's gonna die now and he can't do anything about it. I'm hoping we'll get a Haimon backstory before he dies. That might redeem him a little bit for everyone else.

You know me well, Protego has always been my favourite amazon slave in simlit. (Yep all of simlit; mine don't count, they're not amazon slaves.)
  • Options
    Unfortunately (and that's the reason why I've waited for so long) there are technical problems with my laptop that require certain measures of how to submit your sims. It's a bit more work than usual but can definitely be survived ;) If you have questions concerning the submission or anything else, please ask here or per PM.
    Apart from that, I've set up a Casting Call announcement today because I'm so thrilled for your sims after your positive reactions! :smiley:

2rgc6kn.png

Now that i've thought about it from his POV, Haimon isn't really a bad guy. I can understand why he would do it. I wouldn't want to be forced to have a kid and then die. For him it's even worse; he hates kids. He's desperate..although that could be my slave sympathies. He's gonna die now and he can't do anything about it. I'm hoping we'll get a Haimon backstory before he dies. That might redeem him a little bit for everyone else.

You know me well, Protego has always been my favourite amazon slave in simlit. (Yep all of simlit; mine don't count, they're not amazon slaves.)

I hereby attest you that slave sympathy is not a sickness. :D It's human. Well, he's gonna die if Penthesilea catches him, right?
    Protego will have to thank you some day for your support! He feels greatly honored because the competitors are numerous and strong... No really, I love that you love him so much! <3
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26