Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help! I am unable to bring toddler to birthday cake!

Every time I have my sim bring the toddler to the birthday cake they just pick her up and put her right back down. I've tried the cake on a table and a counter and they don't even walk to it.

Comments

• Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I don't know what to tell you. Ever since toddlers came out, I haven't aged any of them up yet. I need to, but, I can't bring myself to it :s

Are you just clicking the cake for her to have a birthday and letting your sim automatically go to the toddler? Or are you picking the toddler up first and taking them to the cake?

Haven't seen any threads about this, but there could be some around. @rosemow do you know if this is a bug or glitch?
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    @charlotteprice I click on the cake and select to help my toddler blow out the candles and my sim picks up up and puts her back down. The only mod I have is my command center. I created a whole new sims 4 folder and only copied over my saved, tray, and mods and that did not work idk what else to do
  • Options
    I found this link, same as your problem. Maybe this will help

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/909329/cant-age-toddlers-with-birthday-cake
  • Options
    @charlotteprice thank you, yes that's the thread I originally read through and tried what was suggested but it did not work for me. Thanks again though.
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I had this problem yesterday in my game, I tried moving the cake to different parts of the table, nothing worked until
    I put the cake on the kitchen counter, I guess the chairs were in the way.
  • Options
    JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Same thing happened to me, the only way I *finally* got it to work was by buying a new kitchen counter, placing it in the middle of the room and then place the cake on top of the new random counter. Once the cake was on a new surface with absolutely nothing else around it the parent was finally able to help the toddler blow out the candle!
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited March 2017
    You said you have the MCCC mod. Do you have the updated version? I know you should be able to just click on the toddler and age them up with that mod. I was able to do that (and had just made that discovery) with version 3.3.1. We now have version 3.2.0. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com Scroll down the page until you find the 3.2.0
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    Every time I have my sim bring the toddler to the birthday cake they just pick her up and put her right back down. I've tried the cake on a table and a counter and they don't even walk to it.

@yupp I've had this same problem a few times. I just tossed that cake and baked a second cake and it worked with the second cake. Seems like I've had the problem usually with chocolate cakes, typically I just picked the first cake on the list....but then I bake a strawberry or blue confetti cake and threw candles on it during the same party and that second cake worked like a charm.

• Options
    I finally ended up getting it to work. I had to keep putting it on different counters until it worked
  • Options
    DyrewitchDyrewitch Posts: 465 Member
    You said you have the MCCC mod. Do you have the updated version? I know you should be able to just click on the toddler and age them up with that mod. I was able to do that (and had just made that discovery) with version 3.3.1. We now have version 3.2.0. https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com Scroll down the page until you find the 3.2.0

3.3.1 is newer than 3.2.0 not the other way around.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I'm having this issue too. But to be fair, I'm having issues with dropped interactions with virtually everything since the latest patch. I had to spam the eat interaction like 12 times on one sim just to get them to not die of starvation and baking the cake to not bring the toddler to was a nightmare. I think it took me 10 full real life minutes just to get the dad to stop dropping the 'bake cake' interaction.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    PancakesandwichPancakesandwich Posts: 2,038 Member
    yupp wrote: »
    I finally ended up getting it to work. I had to keep putting it on different counters until it worked

You have to put it at the front, not the middle, of the counter. That way it worked for me.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited March 2017
    Same problem here, and I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Usually I have a cake on the dining table and just keep telling my adult to take the toddler there, they will put them back down a lot, but eventually it will work. My sims do seem to learn, though, because with the last toddler I "only" had to tell them six times, it was more difficult with the previous one if I remember correctly. Not that having to repeat the command so many times is anywhere near acceptable, but... TS4.
  • Options
    I had my toddler age up yesterday. First time it didn't work. I had chose the Dad to help age her up, but saw that mom was trying to get the toddler too. Queue's were empty in all of them. I then had mom go do something and clicked the cake again. It worked. Toddler is now a child.