Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NPC Naming

I love that EA included more diverse NPC naming along with the City Living pack, but it now seems that EVERY family the game generates is named from the CL name list. Anyone know of a fix or mod that will allow me to have more balanced naming for NPCs?

(Also wasn't which heading to put this under, sorry if posting in wrong place.)
Current Play:
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
See the Tree
Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png

Comments

• Options
    MrsTomato1018MrsTomato1018 Posts: 400 Member
    I've been going in manually in Manage Households and changing names, which can be pretty time consuming. It's crazy. Even with a bigger name pool now, I get so many duplicate names! So I would be interested in a mod that would take care of this for me too. I had hoped that they would have adjusted the balance in the last patch, but that didn't seem to happen.
    Check out my YouTube channel!
    You can find me on the gallery at MrsTomato1018!
    You can find me on Twitter @MrsTomato1018!
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    Happens to me as well. I just merge households and make them all related.. But the game kept generating too many sims with similar names and it was getting tiring.. One family ended up with 8 sims because so many sims had the same name. It was taking forever merging households so I changed the names.
    I still merge but not as often
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Or you just delete any households with duplicate names. Maybe that'll teach the game ;)

(seriously, I usually delete all game generated Sims every once in a while, except the landlord and other service NPCs that don't bother me/I'd like to keep)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    ^ This was my strategy, and it's something I did before the naming issue anyway. But having every new family named Srinivasan is getting old. lol
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I'm begging them to make more diverse name pool. I was very familiar with this problem when I played in finnish and it was one of the reasons why I changed to the english version. I have edited names, merged households and deleted sims, but it's get tiring so fast.
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I make my own townies and I use a name generating site to help with names.

The Sims Family Generator

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Ugh I recently had three Kyra's in my game, with two with the same last name aswell.
    I'm not feeling the weird names either.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    I hesitate to use the word "weird" because they are cultural names. My issue isn't the names themselves, but the concentration of the generator on a select few.
    Current Play:
    See the Tree
  • Options
    Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    I didn't even notice so many townies with CL names in my game, to be honest. Maybe it is because I use a mod that adds more english names to the townie name pool, because I play the game in german and the names that are generated in the german version are old people names :D
    However, the townies with the CL names don't bother me, I just ignore them ^^
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    Ugh I recently had three Kyra's in my game, with two with the same last name aswell.
    I'm not feeling the weird names either.
    Oh I have had some of the weirdest last names from the generated townies I had to delete them I didn't need someone going around with that last name and if I could remember what it was I would tell you. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I deleted all the circus clowns in CL. I put in my own sims. I delete the townie sims every day, or replace them with sims from the gallery.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    edited March 2017
    I end up deleting game generated sims for this very reason. I love the diverse names, but not for every sim that gets generated...and I can't be bothered to manually change names, I'd spend all day doing that lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~