Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Immortal Sim?? (SOLVED :D)

CaityCupcakes10CaityCupcakes10 Posts: 91 Member
Ok, so I have my legacy family, and my gen 3 spouse's age bar is stuck. I aged him up using CAS cheats to adult and elder when his wife did, but now his elder bar is stuck so he can't die. His wife died a sim day ago, and his age bar is still fully grey. I'm on normal aging mode, and I've tried everything. I've shut down my computer, left the game, even went back to old saves. Since none of that worked (this was before Kim died), I tried to kill him by exhaustion by having him workout until he couldn't, and then woohoo. Tried this thrice, always had the moodlet, never died. So after she died, I added a +100 playful moodlet. Waited 2 days. Still alive. So since it was still active, I had him workout a bunch. He's been working out for a day. Still has the playful moodlet, still has the activity moodlet, still alive. Honestly at this point the only thing I haven't tried is starving to death, and I don't even know if that'll work. Anyone know what to do? Thanks xD

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited March 2017
    If you have MC Command Center or aren't opposed to mods you could get it and it has an option to instantly kill a sim by various means. I don't know a non-mod way to fix it.

(ETA: Not saying there isn't a non-mod way to do it, I just go to MCCC cause it's easy and I have it installed. I just killed a sim for my storyline with it so that's why I thought of it).
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    If you have MC Command Center or aren't opposed to mods you could get it and it has an option to instantly kill a sim by various means. I don't know a non-mod way to fix it.

(ETA: Not saying there isn't a non-mod way to do it, I just go to MCCC cause it's easy and I have it installed. I just killed a sim for my storyline with it so that's why I thought of it).
    Alright, thanks! I don't currently have it, but if starving doesn't work and there's nothing else, I'll definitely get it xD
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    The sim may have a hidden trait that stops him from aging and dying
    The Weirdo, CityRepair , Nanny , Butler and StatueBusker hidden traits prevent aging.
    Try doing this. Play as the sim. Then type into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    traits.remove_trait isWeirdo
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair isNanny isButler or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The Weirdo, CityRepair , Nanny , Butler and StatueBusker hidden traits prevent aging.
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    isWeirdo can be replaced in the removal cheat with isCityRepair isNanny isButler or isStatueBusker if that is the hidden trait that they have.
    Oh that's cool, thanks! :) I'll try it :D
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then type in
    Press enter

See if that helps.
    Yessss thank you it worked!! :):#