Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Always someone isn't home/ visiting/hangout

What is the deal? Whenever I go to visit another lot there is always someone not home, even the kids. Sometime I can invite them to hang out on the lot but sometime that option is greyed out, it's annoying because It's usually the sim I am trying to accomplish a task with, like build relationship, introduced to new toddler
Is this suppose to happen and is there a work around? It's not that they're at work or school.

This brings up another question, is there a way to find a sim? sometime I try to invite to hang out and is says that sim is already near.

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    There's no quick way to find a sim nearby other than to look for them manually, or just click on your sim > Actions > Form group > and pick the sim you want to find. Then ask the group to go here.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    celeste821celeste821 Posts: 543 Member
    omg that's such a good idea thanks
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    This really irritates me too.
  • Options
    Annie2008Annie2008 Posts: 108 Member
    I send them a happy text so they will call my sim to hang out.
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    I was wondering about this just a little bit ago. Seems weird because everyone has a phone right? I mean sims call my sims all day and night even if there at work or school you know? But I cant call someone whenever I want...lol
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2017
    They aren't home because they are stuck wherever you saw them last. It has been going on forever. Example: I have a group of old ladies in my game (in a rest home) who show up at all the restaurants. Though they never sit down to eat. I have marked them played, but never playing them. They are always at any restaurants when I go there as another Sim. If I go to their house six months later, (Sim time) they are still at those restaurants. No matter if I rotated to another household or it's been many, many days. The game is holding Sims in the last place you saw them most of the time, that is why they are never home anymore and it's been going on for over a year in some of our games since GT.

ETA: If you want to test this theory about Sims you aren't playing at any given time played or non played, mouse over their house in Manage Worlds. Pick the Sim in the household from the list on the house, the game will tell you where they are. 99% of time they are still at a venue or near a venue where you last saw them if you paid any attention or you may not have noticed they were there somewhere.

ETA: I Just checked my game, several homeless townies who moved into vacant homes last time I played in Feb. are not home. When I mouse over them they are at the theater I built for my game. Guess how many days that was in Sim time, about ten Sim days or more and switching many times. These are non played Sims and one is still at the theater.

This game is crazy. It doesn't make any sense for that Sim to still be somewhere (never played) all those weeks later.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.