Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Not So Berry Legacy Challenge

Comments

• Options
    easypeazeeasypeaze Posts: 140 Member
    9rj38m.jpg
    I am working on the Plum generation(Violet). She has moved 4 times, been married and divorced and now on the last career. So close to getting a few level 8 skills. Generation Orange(Poppy) is now a teen and things are getting hectic! I found the calendar that came with seasons to be really helpful to setup movie night in the Grey gen. Good luck everyone!
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    NESSAROURKENESSAROURKE Posts: 572 Member
    I have a quick question regarding Generation 5 (Plum)
    Can you leave the doctor career at any point?
    Or should you master the career?

Also, when entering the entertainer career, should we choose the musician path? Or the comedian path?

Loving this challenge so far! :smiley:
  • Options

Also, when entering the entertainer career, should we choose the musician path? Or the comedian path?

I left when she became a doctor so she got the diploma. I don't think it was specified in the rules.

I chose the musician path because it didn't say which path to take but I felt the musician one was good because she liked music and to dance. I wish DJ would have been option because that would be perfect!

I also did a bit of a cheat on her relationship. I chose a vampire so I could make sure he stayed alive lol. I did have her master the Vampire lore so she was able to cure him in the end. She has now passed and I am fully on the Orange gen and the pink gen has been born and is now a child.

I love this challenge too! Have fun.

It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Wow... Yellow is the definition of myself and yellow is my favourite colour. I need to go calm down..
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
  • Options
    > @queenvortex808 said:
    > Wow... Yellow is the definition of myself and yellow is my favourite colour. I need to go calm down..

Well... I was more obsessing over the space in my room
  • Options
    262nvgp.jpg
    6pnm0w.jpg

I am almost done with Poppy my orange gen. She just has to finish off her career now(lvl 9). Camellia pink gen is now a teenager and working towards her goals. I haven't moved them out of the tlc apartment because I was tired of moving with the plum gen(5times). They just celebrated feast day. Also I learned the hard way about fighting with the landlord she wouldn't fix a thing after that lol.

@queenvortex808 Yellow is a pretty color and it was a fun generation.
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member

Personally since the challenge hasn't been updated to include the more recent packs/updates, I really want my Plum Generation (I JUST Finished the Mint Generation and is heading onto the Rose generation so.. I plan ahead.) To enter the acting career. I would probably leave the Doctor career then enter it once they age up into an adult as some sort of "mid-crisis" type thing. I also want to make changes to the Peach generation since I really would like to complete the aspiration for every generation, so I might either have them enter the Detective career and then enter the Comedian career, or I might just change their aspiration to "Friend of the World" or something.
  • Options
    29q16o8.jpg
    Cameilla and Darcy

29m3u6g.jpg
    Ice skating for her birthday

35m07lk.jpg
    Celebrating later at the restaurant

335cdp1.jpg
    Making her first toast celebrating adulthood

352f61t.jpg
    Darcy always by her side

2vudnk8.jpg
    Cameilla and Poppy

@Maddisans Good idea planning ahead for the plum generation a lot of skill building. I wasn't sure I was going to complete it lol.

I just finished up the orange generation. Had a little mishap when a popup while Poppy was at work came up and I booted her out of her career so it took a couple of days to get back as head honcho.

Working on Cameilla's skills and now that she is a young adult she has started on the business career path. So far she has written 3/5 excellent books. The waiter in the toasting pic is Tristan who she has a great relationship with but fumbles at taking it to the next level. So in the meantime she writes little stories where her romantic heroines are getting their happily ever afters.
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    MaddisansMaddisans Posts: 23 Member
    Also I remember someone saying that for their pink and orange generations, they had lots of money and weren't sure how that could fit into the storyline. For a solution, the orange generation is moreso the "black sheep" of the family, so on a storytelling perspective, they could be disowned due to their evil tendencies or they could've ran away wanting to just start their own life. And again, for storytelling purposes, the pink generation probably wouldn't be on the best of terms with their mom/dad due to, again, their evil and selfish nature so they wouldn't give their kids much.
    But that's just if you want to tie in a story with it. Of course, the "storyline" is open for interpretation.
  • Options
    Oh yes, I have over 650,000 just in money that isn't including what is in the inventory. When you get to the pink generation money is not an issue. My yellow generation(Lemon) got a ufo fruit so I had a pretty steady income.

Poppy and Cameilla do not have a great relationship her mother keeps accusing her of touching her things lol. I do try on Cameilla's side to get a better relationship due to her nature but Poppy is having none of it. Erik her twin got the mean streak trait as a teen and he picked on Cameilla so bad that their relationship is really nonexistent. Living in the TLC apartment also puts everyone on edge as well.

For me, my story is just that Cameilla has no clue about the money and when her mother dies finds out that it all goes to her mean brother. He disowns her and that is when she finds out why her mother and brother were so mean to her. Her brother laundering the money for their mother because he is a techie and doing hacking jobs to earn his mother more and more money.

@Maddisans I can't wait to hear about your NSB story. I like your ideas about the plum generation!
    It's all in the wrist
  • Options
    KrystalBethKrystalBeth Posts: 14 New Member
    For the over abundance of funds for Orange/Pink gen, I sunk the family funds into a bakery.

For me the bakery acts as a front for Orange's criminal empire. It also allows me to work on the baking skill, whilst the family spending large amounts of time at the bakery together. It explains why Pink thinks of their parent as a business person working hard everyday to make a living (whilst allowing me to move money out of the family funds for the "definitely legit business")
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I'm attempting this a 3rd time. !st time I got distracted and didn't get past the 1st gen. I took out a bunch of cc and just did not want replace things and yeah. 2nd time I got to the yellow gen and my computer died. So rip those saves. This is my 3rd time AND I WILL DEFEAT IT. I really like the idea of this and want to complete it lol.
    9P9qFIW.png
    This is my founder, Cordelia Bourbonnais. Hopefully I finish this lol
  • Options
    IntrovertSaraIntrovertSara Posts: 49 Member
    I'm attempting this a 3rd time. !st time I got distracted and didn't get past the 1st gen. I took out a bunch of cc and just did not want replace things and yeah. 2nd time I got to the yellow gen and my computer died. So rip those saves. This is my 3rd time AND I WILL DEFEAT IT. I really like the idea of this and want to complete it lol.
    9P9qFIW.png
    This is my founder, Cordelia Bourbonnais. Hopefully I finish this lol

You can do it! :smiley: We're rooting for ya
  • Options
    ElimmuElimmu Posts: 16 Member
    I'm playing this challenge for the first time :smile: my founder is called Mini Polo, she's just got her first boyfriend who actually has a similar hair colour too haha! I wanted to post a pic but I can't yet :disappointed:
  • Options
    This makes me sort of upset because I can't get the movie pack to do this challenge....
  • Options
    Is there substitutes on not having Get To Work or other expansions needed for playing the challenge?
  • Options
    IntrovertSaraIntrovertSara Posts: 49 Member
    Is there substitutes on not having Get To Work or other expansions needed for playing the challenge?

You can replace the generation goals with the Base Game version of the challenge: http://ts4notsoberry.blogspot.com/2017/07/not-so-berry-sims-4-base-game-rules.html

You can also look at the goals and replace them with careers/aspirations/traits that you think can work instead.
  • Options
    @IntrovertSara Thank you!
  • Options
    ElimmuElimmu Posts: 16 Member
    Quick question regarding the challenge, if you have a male baby, do they take on the following generation as the heir or do you need to have a baby girl also? Thanks!
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Hello there started to challenge myself~
    My Mint generation founder is Mimzie Berry
    She is level 6 in mischief and 7 in logic, level 5 in the science career, and tier 3 in her aspiration, the element collection is going~

She had a fling with Miko ( since that cutie simmie is a serial romantic) and now Mimzie has a daughter named Azalea ( for the red variation of the flower)

I’ll have to share some pictures later 😊
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I am replaying the Not so Berry challenge since I failed the first time. I'm excited to actually finish it!
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    easypeaze wrote: »
    9rj38m.jpg
    I am working on the Plum generation(Violet). She has moved 4 times, been married and divorced and now on the last career. So close to getting a few level 8 skills. Generation Orange(Poppy) is now a teen and things are getting hectic! I found the calendar that came with seasons to be really helpful to setup movie night in the Grey gen. Good luck everyone!

I'm just getting onto the grey gen myself and she's pregnant with what will be my next heir - I haven't been so strict with the rules for me because it was just to challenge me and my gameplay but I have done everything NSB specific.

I'm struggling with remembering everything they need to do so I think I'm a bit behind on some of my grey gen skills than I could have been (like I was so on it with yellow)
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Elimmu wrote: »
    Quick question regarding the challenge, if you have a male baby, do they take on the following generation as the heir or do you need to have a baby girl also? Thanks!

I don't think it matters depending on gender - I think it's typically the first born rule... unless it's twins and then I flipped a coin or made someone choose for me
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    SiimbleAnyaSiimbleAnya Posts: 14 New Member
    I'm so excited! I'm on generation Rose and this is my first time playing through this challenge. My Rose heir getting hot n heavy in the hottub with the girlfriend. He got her pregnant and he is proposing soon but he has to leave her at the altar... so sad! I'm waiting until after she has the baby so I can keep it for his kid. I really hope its a girl because so far both my sims have been guys. First Allen and now Sawyer . :D I really want to post pictures in the forums but can't yet. Soon enough :disappointed:
  • Options
    SiimbleAnyaSiimbleAnya Posts: 14 New Member
    Update: What should I do if my Rose generation has twins? Separate them or keep them both? Suggestions?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top