Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG Stop Putting The Cake In The Fridge!!!

I tried to make a cake for my sim's birthday. Before I could put the candles on, they put it in the fridge. Now I can't put the candles on. Three cakes, and I finally put the fridge in the inventory just so I can put candles on.

Then I was going to go ahead and age my toddler up one day ahead. But mom already took a slice. ARGHHHHHH!!! Now I try to make another cake, two cakes later and I can't get candles on the plum thing.

For the love of Pete, stop putting the cake away.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I think what I would do in that situation would be to turn free will off, until after the birthday candles are blown out.
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    That is a great idea. Too bad I didn't think of it!

Did I mention that Grandpa got stuck in a wall and I couldn't reset him because there was a party in progress?

511tm1.png
  • Options
    RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    I had a set of triplets took 12 cakes..LOL the guests kept eating cake before they could blow out candles. I had to make each cake too..
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Is the game not letting you take the cakes back out of the fridge?
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    You can take it out, but the option to put candles or a wedding topper aren't there.

Edited to add, I did try replacing the fridge. And the normal disclaimer, no mods or cc.
  • Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    When you take the cake from the fridge, try placing the cake in different spots ... the counter or the table in a place setting, then try adding the candles.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Try placing it perfectly on the center of on an open, clean, and easily accessible counter. That's the only way I get the candles on once I take it out. Even some counters I thought would be ok, but they weren't. It's got to be the very center most open counter, and perfectly in the center of it. Finicky cakes!
    (Also, I agree! Placing cakes immediately in the fridge is annoying!)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try putting the cake on different counters/tables/surfaces and in different positions on the surfaces and see if that helps. It can help if the cake is in the middle of the surface, not on the edge.
    Make sure that the cake is on its own on the table, with no build/buy mode items with it.
    Try cooking different varieties of cakes.

• Options
    sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Yeah, this has happened to me, too. One time a sim put the cake in the fridge, but then another time the sim literally walked away with the cake, put it in his inventory and sat on the couch. If that doesn't happen, it usually takes me two tries or a different sim to put the candles on the cake. So frustrating, lol.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Rudiarose wrote: »
    I had a set of triplets took 12 cakes..LOL the guests kept eating cake before they could blow out candles. I had to make each cake too..

Guests in my game were equally rude, too. I had triplets (well, kind of). Dad was abducted immediately prior to the wedding. His new wife got preggars on their wedding night, turns out his sudden chub wasn't empathy weight gain. He had twins, she had a single baby all on the same day! Grandpa baked the cake and before he could put candles on it (the plan being one teen would make a wish, the next one taste the frosting and the third would blow out said candles). Instead, some hungry, selfish guest took a piece of the cake. Grandpa had to trudge all the way back downstairs to bake up another cake. Now, it didn't take 12 cakes, in my case, just four, to age them up on the very same day. But, it's borked just like the weddings, unfortunately. I do pray for a patch to fix both situations.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    I tried to make a cake for my sim's birthday. Before I could put the candles on, they put it in the fridge. Now I can't put the candles on. Three cakes, and I finally put the fridge in the inventory just so I can put candles on.

Then I was going to go ahead and age my toddler up one day ahead. But mom already took a slice. ARGHHHHHH!!! Now I try to make another cake, two cakes later and I can't get candles on the plum thing.

For the love of Pete, stop putting the cake away.

But why your Sim's love "Betty Crocker" :) lol.....
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Oh, this time it just didn't go quite right. The cake was there, the candles were there and lit, but half of the guests didn't show. That's insane. I was trying to make sure my potential groom knew all of his sweetie's family so that when it came time for the wedding, I won't have the problems I've been having. No, this time he couldn't blow out the candles. He could only help blow out the candles. Say, what? Yes, he has two toddler siblings but still. This is insanity on steroids. I finally had his mother bake another cake. He aged up, then I switched households. No party, I just had the girl's mom bake a cake. She aged up, too. But when I went back to her boyfriend's household, I discovered one of his sisters had gone missing. Her icon is gone. No one is weeping, so she didn't die or anything. No, I had a mess and went back a game save, yesterday. Catherine was there and now she isn't. Starting all over again. Woe is me! Do I ever feel picked upon. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    The maid put my twin sims' cakes in the fridge too. Luckily I had already added the candles so was able to use them. Had to dismiss the maid in case she did it again. :D
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    At least they didn't take a piece of it. Nothing drives me crazier than baking a cake and some sim swooping in prematurely and stealing a piece, and I have to make a whole new one.
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    This is why I play with the pause button a lot.
  • Options
    nicolethebowlnicolethebowl Posts: 121 Member
    Uhh yes. The only reason we make cakes it to age up!
  • Options
    The annoying thing is they leave platters of food out all day long. I have to tell them to clean up. But birthday cake? Right in the fridge...
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    The annoying thing is they leave platters of food out all day long. I have to tell them to clean up. But birthday cake? Right in the fridge...

I've never seen anything truer about this game.
  • Options
    snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I feel your pain OP. I've had the same issue and it's so frustrating. I didn't think of turning off autonomy either so I'm glad I came to this thread!
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited March 2017
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    At least they didn't take a piece of it. Nothing drives me crazier than baking a cake and some sim swooping in prematurely and stealing a piece, and I have to make a whole new one.

I agree! Running a bakery is currently impossible for me because my sim takes a piece of whatever they've baked and puts it into their inventory right away. ☹️
  • Options
    Sims will buy used baked goods. Just so you know.
  • Options
    ManjaiiyeManjaiiye Posts: 1 New Member
    After a full two days of failed birthday parties, I think I figured it out! Have your Sim bake a cake. Once they start the process (mixing in the bowl) delete the fridge! My Sim stopped the baking cake action right afterward, but the bowl was still on the counter. Click the cake, and chose the option to resume baking cake. Viola! Another thing, when I did this I couldn't put candles on the cake right away, but once I added it to my inventory and placed it on the table, the option reappeared. Hope this helps! (You can also do this on public lots, use the cheat to add a counter top, oven, and fridge.)

Kind of funny, I tried to throw the birthday party at a neighboring friend's lot, and my whole family got kicked out of the party because the home owners kept coming up and telling me my actions were inappropriate... About three times before we were asked to leave. Wasn't allowed to see in the house or knock on the door!
  • Options
    CoteDAzurCoteDAzur Posts: 610 Member
    Grandpa's, ruining party's since 2000.
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited November 2017
    Gosh. Yeah, I feel that pain. I literally gotta pay attention to my sim to make sure they don't immediately do something stupid like putting the cake in the fridge, or worse, taking a slice of it.

Like. No. I had you make that for your wedding or birthday. Now you gotta start all over again!

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    That is a great idea. Too bad I didn't think of it!

Did I mention that Grandpa got stuck in a wall and I couldn't reset him because there was a party in progress?

511tm1.png

Plus side - At least he won't put the cake in the fridge - THIS TIME! >:)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~